Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

flintsilver7 said:
You can keep trying to insist there's no correlation between quarterback talent and receiver play, and I will keep proving you wrong.

Yesterday's game. Prove me wrong. Gus had a good game. Chambers dropped at least 5 passes. Don't try to make any excuses either.

clear.gif

QB talent looks fine to me. Not good enough? How about actual game tape?

http://rapidshare.de/files/7647456/chambersdoh.wmv.html

You've already been proved wrong yet you continue to ignore it. Did Chambers save you from a burning building?

GridIronKing34 said:
I love it when guys make other guys look dumb. It's nice to know that sometime in FinHeaven you get the full story and not the half story.

:mirror:

Eshlemon said:
Chambers: 6/14 caught (43%), 69 yds, 2 TD
Booker: 5/6 caught (45%), 102 yds, 0 TD

In this case, I'll take 2 TD over 33 yds.

That's about the exact% of passes caught (CC-44%, MB-45%) for the season. And Frerrote's 53% completions is about the same as his completion% for the year (52.5%). For whatever reason, the QB and both starting WRs are not on the same page. Gus has hit 57% of his passes to the slot WRs, TEs, & RBs. QBs usually hit these guys around 10% higher than normal, and starting WRs within around 10% lower than normal. Hope as ohall (?) stated all these guys will get better.

5/6 is 45%? Where did you go to Elementary School?

byroan said:
Yesterday's game. Prove me wrong. Gus had a good game. Chambers dropped at least 5 passes. Don't try to make any excuses either.

QB talent looks fine to me. Not good enough? How about actual game tape?

http://rapidshare.de/files/7647456/chambersdoh.wmv.html

You've already been proved wrong yet you continue to ignore it. Did Chambers save you from a burning building?

Well, you really are arrogant, aren't you? Tell you what - if you can tell me what I said, where I said it, and where the ensuing proof of me being wrong is, I'll buy you a beer.

I was talking about Hines Ward and Charlie Batch. You spouted off something about 8 catches for 124 yards and a TD; I showed you what actually happened in the game.

Your one clip there, I can assure you, was completely inexcusable. I assume Chambers had already broken off his route to be where he was, but the throw was perfect and Chambers should've had it. No excuses there.

Let's go through the clip one by one.

#1 - Good coverage, and Chambers made a diving grab for it. I am not convinced he could have had that ball, nor was I at the time. The clip isn't even clear that he got his hands on it. The official scoring on that was a pass defended for Hobbs, by the way.

#2 - Coverage wasn't bad, but the throw was good given the situation and Chambers should've caught that. Right through his hands. Easy catch? No, not when you're diving, but if it hits you like that you need to catch the ball.

#3 - Chambers was open and should've caught this ball, though he's lucky he was going down because it probably would've ended his career otherwise. This is where I speculate the official drop was. Good pass by Frerotte.

#4 - Tight coverage, and for that ball to have a chance at being caught it needs to be leading him. Samuel got a pass defended here, and with good reason. I'm not convinced Chambers even got his hands on it. If he did, it looked like Samuel may have swatted it out.

#5 - Underthrown ball. This one didn't need to be low - it should've been leading him and higher. It was close enough to be caught, but this was not a perfect throw nor was it an easy catch. This ball, had it actually been caught, looked like it would've been a coach's challenge. You can't tell me that's a definite catch.

#6 - Tight coverage, and the ball again should've been leading him more. How you can tell me when Chambers dives and ends up facing the line of scrimmage with his body flat on the ground means he somehow could've easily caught the ball is beyond me.

I never said it was a good game for Chambers. I'm saying that most of those passes were very difficult if not impossible to catch, as three of them were passes defended. I'll assume that Chambers on a good day - and any "elite" receiver - would've likely hauled in two of those or maybe three.

Tell me I'm making excuses - I really don't care. This is what happens when the team loses between four and five winnable games. We sit here pointing fingers and placing blame. We're looking for reasons at our best players because we don't want to believe the obvious.

GridIronKing34 said:
No... Just no. His first TD? No. Not just ANY receiver could've made that catch. Quit using Chambers as a scapegoat for our losses. We lost because of team mistakes, not just Chambers.[/QUOTEwow this kid is 17 and his posts make more sense than most.

flintsilver7 said:
Well, you really are arrogant, aren't you?

I apologize if you feel I came off arrogant. That wasn't my intention.

Tell you what - if you can tell me what I said, where I said it, and where the ensuing proof of me being wrong is, I'll buy you a beer.

I would, but then you'd go to jail. :lol:

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this topic.

flintsilver7 said:
Well, you really are arrogant, aren't you? Tell you what - if you can tell me what I said, where I said it, and where the ensuing proof of me being wrong is, I'll buy you a beer.

I was talking about Hines Ward and Charlie Batch. You spouted off something about 8 catches for 124 yards and a TD; I showed you what actually happened in the game.

Your one clip there, I can assure you, was completely inexcusable. I assume Chambers had already broken off his route to be where he was, but the throw was perfect and Chambers should've had it. No excuses there.

Let's go through the clip one by one.

#1 - Good coverage, and Chambers made a diving grab for it. I am not convinced he could have had that ball, nor was I at the time. The clip isn't even clear that he got his hands on it. The official scoring on that was a pass defended for Hobbs, by the way.

#2 - Coverage wasn't bad, but the throw was good given the situation and Chambers should've caught that. Right through his hands. Easy catch? No, not when you're diving, but if it hits you like that you need to catch the ball.

#3 - Chambers was open and should've caught this ball, though he's lucky he was going down because it probably would've ended his career otherwise. This is where I speculate the official drop was. Good pass by Frerotte.

#4 - Tight coverage, and for that ball to have a chance at being caught it needs to be leading him. Samuel got a pass defended here, and with good reason. I'm not convinced Chambers even got his hands on it. If he did, it looked like Samuel may have swatted it out.

#5 - Underthrown ball. This one didn't need to be low - it should've been leading him and higher. It was close enough to be caught, but this was not a perfect throw nor was it an easy catch. This ball, had it actually been caught, looked like it would've been a coach's challenge. You can't tell me that's a definite catch.

#6 - Tight coverage, and the ball again should've been leading him more. How you can tell me when Chambers dives and ends up facing the line of scrimmage with his body flat on the ground means he somehow could've easily caught the ball is beyond me.

I never said it was a good game for Chambers. I'm saying that most of those passes were very difficult if not impossible to catch, as three of them were passes defended. I'll assume that Chambers on a good day - and any "elite" receiver - would've likely hauled in two of those or maybe three.

Tell me I'm making excuses - I really don't care. This is what happens when the team loses between four and five winnable games. We sit here pointing fingers and placing blame. We're looking for reasons at our best players because we don't want to believe the obvious.
your making excuses

I think that the team has issues with the offensive coordinator and it doent seem as we have a qb coach or a wr like last year the guys name was always brought up and now the qb coach and wr coach are never mention . most important is something is missing and i cant place my finger on it but something is missing esp in the coaching area. this is my opinion.

byroan said:
I apologize if you feel I came off arrogant. That wasn't my intention.

I would, but then you'd go to jail. :lol:

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this topic.

Fair enough. I mean, I know I never had a beer before my 21st.

What Part of Chambers's Game Has Been Most Overrated?

Where have fans and coaches overestimated CC's ability the most? His hands? His route running? His ability to get deep? How can CC get better? Aren't there cases of wide receivers with phenomenal potential who are late bloomers? I'm writing this to start a more analytical discussion on CC instead of saying he flat out sucks or is the best thing since sliced bread...

next week will really show what Chambers is made of

I just watched the drops by Chambers from a file made by nublar. two were qusetionable,but the three other passes, should have been caught. I was pretty disappointed in Chambers by what I saw. I am starting to lose faith in Chambers, however there is still plenty of football left this season. I remember SAban talking about players with mental toughness. Well next week is the time for Chambers to redeem himself, and make us fans forget about his performance this week "eye of the tiger" and have a huge game or wallow in his performance and do just decent "brook trout". I'm sure his confidence has to be pretty low right now, especially if he was looking at the posts on this forum. Like I said before, I'm disappointed in him, but not to the point of point 50 threads up about "chambers sucks", "trade Chambers" etc. If there's ever a time for Chambers to prove himself it's next week against the Browns, and to show us how he handles sports adversity. I remember reading post in the preseason, in a game where McMichael dropped alot of passes, and people were calling him donald lee. It was only a preseason game but it was still a sloppy performance by him, but McMichael played great the next game catching every ball, making big plays, etc. I hope to see than from Chambers next week.

He is inconsistent.. He makes some spectacular catches, but often drops the easy one.. and sometimes the clutch catch.

Chambers played good,not to Blaime

He played great, he had 2 touchdowns he had over 100 yards i think.
Its not because he missed the last pass that u have to blaime him, give him a break.
Last year if thompson would'nt caught the 4&10 pass in the end zone you would of blaimed him.
He is a good Receiver and we need him for the future.
Be proud of ur team they played a hell of a game, Yes i wanted them to win and YES we should of won. But it was a great game and there is no one to blaime.
Chambers did not do anything, How about you blaime the safeties on that 54 yard pass from brady to take the lead. NO ONE IS TO BLAIME.:fire:
Great game fins... we will get them next time.

He had a few drops. He didnt play horribly, but he could have played better. People on this board overreact to everything.

Back
Top Bottom