Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 90 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
FinsFan84 said:
Guessing Bush & Leinart go 1 and 2. Does anyone think it could be possible to trade ricky after the impressive games he has had and our 18th overall pick for the 49ers pick and draft a QB? If not, what would it take ?:rolleyes:

which draftable qb is worth the third overall pick?

kastofsna120 said:

most mock drafts i've seen over the last 24 hours have bush and leinhart going one-two (texans - bush, saints - leinhart). tennessee is at #3, and there's a lot of speculation that if leinhart is there when they pick, they'll take him. niners don't pick until 7th (i think i read something saying they lost the coin toss with the raiders).

cowtowndick said:
most mock drafts i've seen over the last 24 hours have bush and leinhart going one-two (texans - bush, saints - leinhart). tennessee is at #3, and there's a lot of speculation that if leinhart is there when they pick, they'll take him. niners don't pick until 7th (i think i read something saying they lost the coin toss with the raiders).

The coin toss doesnt take place till after the superbowl so not sure how they could have lost it....

But, if Young comes out, the experts suspect Tennessee could take him, and renegotiate a deal to keep McNair. Since he and Young have a history and relationship the two would continue it and Steve would groom Vince to take over the helm.

Moving Ricky is not a good idea. All his contract escalators were reset by the year off, he has a cap number in line

Since the cap allows it, we should keep him. Both are runners combining power and speed, insulating us from injuries and while the split workload hurts their chances at honors and frustrates fantasy owners, it also keeps both fresh and productive over the course of the game, is one of the reasons we had a good YPC this year, and both have more opportunities for explosive plays.

Between the risk and the renegotiation of contracts that comes with trades, there's no way to get commensurate value. I'd rather have Ronnie and Ricky for the same cost as Ronnie and an unused backup; it'll be good for both guys and for the team. 2 RBs like us is a very unusual luxury, and the price is right (which usually prevents committe backfields involving quality guys)

SIRIUS RADIO "REPORTS"

sirius radio in it's updates stated that nick saban has stated he will entertain trade offers for ricky williams.. and for anyone else for that matter on his roster... did anyone else hear this.. what do you guy's make of this...

He said that at the PC yesterday. You have to watch the PC to get the context of it.

Makes sense, if someone offerred 2 #1s for JT, he'd take it.

ckparrothead said:
If any radio station ever floated that over the air, or any news source printed it, it was for purely entertainment purposes only. So let me get this straight. Miami would be trading Ricky Williams for Jerry Porter and a 1st and 2nd rounder, Philly would be trading Terrell Owens for Ricky Williams, and Oakland would be trading Jerry Porter and first and second round picks for Terrell Owens.

Yeah...right. I'm not only doubting that trade has ever graced the mind of any personnel man in the national football league, I am starting to doubt whether Dolfan59 even heard that rumor from someone, ANYONE...especially given his newb status...

Hey, CK...where do we sign...I'd take this trade in a heartbeat...But does anyone think that Big Al is that stupid ???

dolfan91 said:
sirius radio in it's updates stated that nick saban has stated he will entertain trade offers for ricky williams.. and for anyone else for that matter on his roster... did anyone else hear this.. what do you guy's make of this...

Good. There shouldn't be any "untouchable" commodities on our roster. Let people make us offers, and if one of the offers is good, pull the trigger.

M.Smith From ESPN on Ricky....

• I'd be surprised if Ricky Williams weren't a Dolphin next year, if not the next two seasons. He's making minimum money and last week we said he's fine with that. Running back in the NFL is, in most cases, a two-man job, and Ricky Williams is a heck of a sidekick/insurance policy for Ronnie Brown. It's doubtful, considering Williams' age, standing with the drug program, and personality that a team is going to offer Miami a trade package that justifies sacrificing quality depth at such an important position. It makes too much sense to hold on to him. The Dolphins know that. I can tell you this much: The media have had more conversations about Miami's dealing Ricky than the Dolphins have had internally.

Makes alot of Sense....

Sundance Kid said:
• I'd be surprised if Ricky Williams weren't a Dolphin next year, if not the next two seasons. He's making minimum money and last week we said he's fine with that. Running back in the NFL is, in most cases, a two-man job, and Ricky Williams is a heck of a sidekick/insurance policy for Ronnie Brown. It's doubtful, considering Williams' age, standing with the drug program, and personality that a team is going to offer Miami a trade package that justifies sacrificing quality depth at such an important position. It makes too much sense to hold on to him. The Dolphins know that. I can tell you this much: The media have had more conversations about Miami's dealing Ricky than the Dolphins have had internally.

Makes alot of Sense....
im with you brother hes a keeper

Possible I admit but I think it's at best 50/50 at this point that he stays. I just don't think he will for the obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom