Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 92 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
Sundance Kid said:
• I'd be surprised if Ricky Williams weren't a Dolphin next year, if not the next two seasons. He's making minimum money and last week we said he's fine with that. Running back in the NFL is, in most cases, a two-man job, and Ricky Williams is a heck of a sidekick/insurance policy for Ronnie Brown. It's doubtful, considering Williams' age, standing with the drug program, and personality that a team is going to offer Miami a trade package that justifies sacrificing quality depth at such an important position. It makes too much sense to hold on to him. The Dolphins know that. I can tell you this much: The media have had more conversations about Miami's dealing Ricky than the Dolphins have had internally.

Makes alot of Sense....

That's the nail on the head. We can't just trade a guy like Ricky Williams to hopefully fill a need position on the team. If we trade a guy like Ricky we should KNOW we are getting a need player who is above average. I just don't see that happening because I don't think anyone is willing to give up what he is worth. If I'm Miami, I'm treating this like trading an 1800 yard rusher. Anything less would be foolish.

I think the point is that Miami will not be shopping him. They will wait and see who comes knocking at their door. Saban will make sure he has the leverage this time, that way he can ask for whatever he wants. If a team wants him badly enough they will have to compensate the Dolphins fairly.
Even a 2nd rd pick would not compensate the Dolphins fairly because RW is a 1st rd talent.

jlfin said:
I think the point is that Miami will not be shopping him. They will wait and see who comes knocking at their door. Saban will make sure he has the leverage this time, that way he can ask for whatever he wants. If a team wants him badly enough they will have to compensate the Dolphins fairly.
Even a 2nd rd pick would not compensate the Dolphins fairly because RW is a 1st rd talent.

AMEN.....Anything less and we get robbed.

I think it's a no brainer that we keep Ricky and I think he will not desert us again.

B-LO said:
Ricky's getting traded, fellas.

Didn't it seem that after Miami was eliminated from playoff contention, Williams began to get more carries than Brown, when before they were equal or given more to Brown?

This is a total guess, but I think that Saban was looking to showcase him for a possible trade that will net a decent amount of draft picks.

If you listened to Mueller earlier in the season, he indicated ricky will be here. a guy like Ricky for minimum? are you kidding me? Why would you want to trade him unless your a fantasy league whore who wants Ronnie to get all the carries.

Mr. Reality said:
That's the nail on the head. We can't just trade a guy like Ricky Williams to hopefully fill a need position on the team. If we trade a guy like Ricky we should KNOW we are getting a need player who is above average. I just don't see that happening because I don't think anyone is willing to give up what he is worth. If I'm Miami, I'm treating this like trading an 1800 yard rusher. Anything less would be foolish.

Good point, Ricky gives us the insurance of not even having to think about a RB in the offseason.
With Ronnies versatility, it gives us the ability to devise an offense based oh that that would use both at the same time and not for just passing since RB is such a good blocker.

Sundance Kid said:
• I'd be surprised if Ricky Williams weren't a Dolphin next year, if not the next two seasons. He's making minimum money and last week we said he's fine with that. Running back in the NFL is, in most cases, a two-man job, and Ricky Williams is a heck of a sidekick/insurance policy for Ronnie Brown. It's doubtful, considering Williams' age, standing with the drug program, and personality that a team is going to offer Miami a trade package that justifies sacrificing quality depth at such an important position. It makes too much sense to hold on to him. The Dolphins know that. I can tell you this much: The media have had more conversations about Miami's dealing Ricky than the Dolphins have had internally.

Makes alot of Sense....

That's the smartest quote I've read in a while. Can you imagine Ricky and Ronnie running over teams in the Sept/Oct heat?

Saban was showcasing him and he has already said the "door is ajar" for anyone interested in him but no one is going to give us what he is worth to us.

thomasdan15 said:
Saban was showcasing him and he has already said the "door is ajar" for anyone interested in him but no one is going to give us what he is worth to us.
Saban said the "door is ajar" in response to a direct question about whether the door is ajar for anyone on the team in relation to a trade. The reporter even used the phrase "door is ajar" in the question to Saban. There has never been any confirmation of his showcasing him.

Do you honestly think Saban would confirm to the media that he was showcasing anyone? And thanks for confirming my point that the "door is ajar"

Ricky is making minimum money now but what will he ask for after the end of next year? Remember that it's not just him but his agent too.

Makes alot of sense to me as well.I would definitely keep him at those prices.
Sundance Kid said:

Makes alot of Sense....

KuchaMucha said:
Ricky is making minimum money now but what will he ask for after the end of next year? Remember that it's not just him but his agent too.
That's a good point. I think it is something else that makes his value higher to us then to another team. If he is traded he is going to want a new contract and right now he's acting like he is OK with what he is making. Plus he still has that $8M to take care of.

Back
Top Bottom