Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 93 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
Whats up with Kay Jay Harris? He was impressive in college? if hes ready to play for us and back up ronnie, i wouldnt mind trading ricky and a draft pick for culpepper.

B-LO said:
Ricky's getting traded, fellas.

Didn't it seem that after Miami was eliminated from playoff contention, Williams began to get more carries than Brown, when before they were equal or given more to Brown?

This is a total guess, but I think that Saban was looking to showcase him for a possible trade that will net a decent amount of draft picks.
He got more carries and played the entire Titans game because of Ronnie's injury, not because he was being "showcased"... Ricky's value to us far outweighs any value he could bring to us in a trade.

thomasdan15 said:
Do you honestly think Saban would confirm to the media that he was showcasing anyone? And thanks for confirming my point that the "door is ajar"

The door is ajar...for anyone stupid enough to step through it. If a team made a crazy offer, Saban would take it...but how many teams are dumb enough to make wildly lopsided offers for players who obviously don't want to be a #1 back?

PassRush said:
It would take a second round pick or a fourth and a player to pry him loose

It'd take more than a 2nd round pick, unless it was a very high 2nd round pick. And the 4th/player better include a top 15 O-lineman or CB. Nothing else makes sense from a value standpoint.

KuchaMucha said:
Ricky is making minimum money now but what will he ask for after the end of next year? Remember that it's not just him but his agent too.

I don't think his agent has much control when Ricky is telling the media that he would be happy to make minimum next year. Also remember that we hold an 8 million dollar sowrd over his head. So long as he plays for us, he doesn't have to pay us back. Further, Ricky doesn't want to be the #1 back. He likes his situation.

It all depends maybe a desperated team offers something good like a low second or very high first if we cant move him for the right price then keep him

For those who think tradinf Ricky is a good idea.

Why?

Look at the facts:

Ricky is valuable to us only, why? Because if he takes one hit of that kryptonite, he's done for the year, just like that. So that makes him a gigantic risk to any team. MORE than TO, way more. 2nd he makes the minimum and is happy with that, and let's not forget his way with words has chilled the media on Saban a couple times. Also he does NOT want to be the main back on any team, anywhere. So now any team interested in him must go find another good back to share carries with him, who is gonna wanna do this?

Conclusion: Ricky is cheap, works hard, and wants to barely play. We are the best team to offer that.

I drop knowledge on you kids, so absorb my knowledge and don't create another trade Ricky thread. Hopefully this becomes a dead issue sooner than later.

????? One hit could end anyones career, that's a silly argument!

Say Holmes retires because of his hip, and Johnson breaks a leg in preseason, do you not think Ricky would be worth a chance to the cheifs?

Never say never!

Edit, I get your hit thing now!:sidelol:

Pros to potential trade partner -
Cheap contract
He's outstanding
Not a malcontent

Cons -
His "retirement"
Previously expressed aversion to being "the man"
NFL drug policy problems

The bottom line is I can't imagine anyone giving up enough for it to be worthwhile for us to trade him. Stated differently, he's worth more to us than anyone else. But who knows, Al Davis might be crazy enough to give up a #1 for him.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
????? One hit could end anyones career, that's a silly argument!

Say Holmes retires because of his hip, and Johnson breaks a leg in preseason, do you not think Ricky would be worth a chance to the cheifs?

Never say never!

Edit, I get your hit thing now!:sidelol:
When he says "hit" he means a toke of the old reefer. :)

Edit: opps a tad late

Mufasito1124 said:
if trading him means getting a good QB then yeah in a heart beat

He should not be traded BUT likely will be for upgades at QB or Whatever.
Sad. He is good.

Mufasito1124 said:
if trading him means getting a good QB then yeah in a heart beat

I'd much rather get a good QB through different means. I'd hate to lose RW. I'd really miss him. He's one of the best running backs in the nfl. And with a good o-line there's no telling what he could do. Even back in 2002 our line wasn't great and look what he did. Plus just watching him run for the Dolphins is worth the money I pay for DTV sunday ticket.

im just saying trade him if theres a good offer, if not keep him...

its not that i personally want to trade him, i just think its a good idea if we can get a good deal from him, we have other areas of concern and if we lose a little depth to add another important piece to our team then do it... dont trade him to just trade him... thats ******ed, who would want to do that? only if its worth it, thats all

Back
Top Bottom