Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals...

No, I agree Bryant wasn't our answer, but a stopgap. I DO have a problem with the fact that the team hasn't even brought in anyone to meet with them at WR. The moment I see the Dolphins have set up a meeting with even someone like Derrick Mason, I will believe that the team is at least looking at possibilities and are seriously attempting to fill a major hole on our team.

I don't mind us not signing anyone, but at least teams in need like the Bengals are doing their due diligence. I just ask they don't ignore it like they have in the past, or try to half-*** it with late round picks.

Ok with this I agree 100%. I am pretty upset that they have not even tried to interview someone.

But if they interview Antonio Bryan and let him leave because he wanted $28 Million
you would feel better. Don't you think a Simple phone call to his agent could have done that.

Trade down to around 20 and get Graham, then get the best reciever available at 44...Then get some more D help and maybe Jimmy Graham at TE....man, i need to run this team...

No lose there. We do need some WR help but this is not the Bryant to help us and not for any type of money.

The board is pretty split on this topic, but I'm in agreement with you completely. While Bryant would have been an upgrade to any WR we have on this team, truly how much of an upgrade would he have been. I would rather go get a WR in the 1st or 2nd OR hope a premier guy hits FA next year. Now if Marshall comes available for a 2nd and maybe a 3rd next year, I'm all for it, but I just can't see this FO shelling out draft picks for a diva. He's ultra talented and I would love to see him here, but I think the FO feels differently.

ESPN's John Clayton reported Antonio Bryant's deal at four year, $28 million, with incentives that could push it to $29 million. per Adam Schefter

yeah...thats a little much for my liking....glad we passed...

Brandon Marshall 4th Rd Pick
Derrick Mason 4th Rd Pick
Terrell Owens 3rd Rd Pick
Antonio Bryant 2nd Rd Pick
Anquan Boldin 2nd Rd Pick

You get your Receiver through the Draft. They don't magically appear.

I wouldn't call a 2nd rounder a late round pick. Like I said, if we draft a WR early this year it would show a serious commitment to address the position. I'd be quite happy if they did that, actually. I just worry how they are going to be able to do that while finding starters for our team at NT, S, and OLB.

There is still time for the team to do something, I agree...but all of this is adding up to us going D early in the draft and once again swinging wildly on boom or bust WR picks later on. Just saying that I, personally, wouldn't be happy with that.

I heard 4 years 28 million

So funny how about a month ago people were saying Bryant wouldn't go for that much. He was the only good UFA WR out there. I knew it would be a big contract and he isn't worth $7 Mil / yr.

Cincinnati way overpaid for him. he is not worth anywhere near $7 million per season. Bryant must be laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Great so our WR upgrade come from a guy whose draft stock is falling. Playing in a triple RB offense. Not playing in a pro type system his learning curve will be real steep!

The only reason his stock is falling is because of his broken foot, so we could get him as a steal in the 3rd round. And since he doesn't play in a pro offense, it shows that he still has loads of raw potential to be uncovered and he is a big physical receiver. I'll take my chances :)

well its obvious that we (the top brass) thinks the WR core isn't going to be addressed this year. they invested 2 picks in last years draft. I wouldn't be surprized if this years draft is all LBs, safties and NT's.

if we bring in a WR it'll be mason.

28 million is NOT stopgap money. If that's what we had to pay him, I'm glad we passed.

It's crazy how this topic has split everyone is on these boards, but the funny thing is that everyone seems to agree on one thing: Antonio Bryant wasn't worth that much money.

The split seems to be on whether the team is once again not taking seriously the notion of properly addressing the position this offseason. People who worry they are not, like myself, might just have to swallow the idea that this is Parcells football. He believes WRs are a dime a dozen, while linebackers are worth signing and drafting high.

I wouldn't call a 2nd rounder a late round pick. Like I said, if we draft a WR early this year it would show a serious commitment to address the position. I'd be quite happy if they did that, actually. I just worry how they are going to be able to do that while finding starters for our team at NT, S, and OLB.

There is still time for the team to do something, I agree...but all of this is adding up to us going D early in the draft and once again swinging wildly on boom or bust WR picks later on. Just saying that I, personally, wouldn't be happy with that.

Agreed, But I think they only need one more receiver Like Derrick Mason or Torry Holt To Mentor the Young guy and/or Draft Picks....

1.Derrick Mason
2.Brian Hartline
3.Davone Bess
4.Draft Pick
5.Ted Ginn

Unfortunately I dont see room for Greg Camarillo with Hartline taking his spot as Possession Receiver (unless they Keep 6 Receivers). And God only knows about Patrick Tuner (he's probably Going to Be Fired).

The only reason his stock is falling is because of his broken foot, so we could get him as a steal in the 3rd round. And since he doesn't play in a pro offense, it shows that he still has loads of raw potential to be uncovered and he is a big physical receiver. I'll take my chances :)

Raw potential sure, but history shows WR that don't play in a pro style offense are a risk and take the longest to develop. Fun fact since everyone seems to agree a WR takes 3-4 yrs to develop, I will use the 2005 draft. 11 wr were taken in first 2 rounds, 7 never amounted to anything, 2 more finally hit their stride Roddy White and V. Jackson.

Could someone please look up Crabtree and Haywood-Bey's contract so we can compare?

Back
Top Bottom