Merged: Antonio Cromartie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Cromartie

Nasty said:
who is this guy... who does he play for... anyone got some better info on him? size, speed, ect...

Here's a bit of a scouting report on him from a article on underclassmen who may declare...

http://www.nlscouting.com/Spotlights/Underclassmen.htm

ANTONIO CROMARTIE (Florida State)… although he has missed his entire junior year thanks to a torn ACL in his left knee there is speculation out of Tallahassee that he would like to see what type of grade he would currently carry, since he would be on pace to be fully recovered in time to workout for scouts leading up to the draft… the injury happened on July 12th, so he would be six months removed by mid-January, 2006... has the best combination of size, speed and play-making ability of any defensive back that would be available in either of the next two drafts… just under 6030, 202-210 pounds… has been timed between 4.38-4.42 in the 40, prior to his injury, and was also a member of the school's track team… long arms, tremendous flexibility and the lateral quickness to be a lethal threat on kickoff and punt returns, as well… showed good poise and ball skills, as a young defender the previous two years… had some trouble biting on play action and double-move routes, but that can be corrected with coaching… his game to date came in the 2004 season opener against Miami, as he returned a fumble for a touchdown and made an eye-opening interception… also played very well in games against Maryland and West Virginia… led the team with four interceptions… his near perfect blend of size, speed and cover skills would allow him to earn a possible first round grade should his knee checkout fine… is still reviewing his options behind the scenes, but is not a big fan of going to class for another 12-months and may not be on totally solid ground from an academic standpoint…

kastofsna120 said:
he's FSU's best CB who tore his ACL in the spring. 6'3 210

oh oh oh... I remember him now... How serious was that tear? Do you think he will fully recover?

Honus Joglund said:
Here's a bit of a scouting report on him from a article on underclassmen who may declare...

http://www.nlscouting.com/Spotlights/Underclassmen.htm

ANTONIO CROMARTIE (Florida State)… although he has missed his entire junior year thanks to a torn ACL in his left knee there is speculation out of Tallahassee that he would like to see what type of grade he would currently carry, since he would be on pace to be fully recovered in time to workout for scouts leading up to the draft… the injury happened on July 12th, so he would be six months removed by mid-January, 2006... has the best combination of size, speed and play-making ability of any defensive back that would be available in either of the next two drafts… just under 6030, 202-210 pounds… has been timed between 4.38-4.42 in the 40, prior to his injury, and was also a member of the school's track team… long arms, tremendous flexibility and the lateral quickness to be a lethal threat on kickoff and punt returns, as well… showed good poise and ball skills, as a young defender the previous two years… had some trouble biting on play action and double-move routes, but that can be corrected with coaching… his game to date came in the 2004 season opener against Miami, as he returned a fumble for a touchdown and made an eye-opening interception… also played very well in games against Maryland and West Virginia… led the team with four interceptions… his near perfect blend of size, speed and cover skills would allow him to earn a possible first round grade should his knee checkout fine… is still reviewing his options behind the scenes, but is not a big fan of going to class for another 12-months and may not be on totally solid ground from an academic standpoint…

wait... he is a junior? Why the hell would he come out now? that would be really stupid of him...

Nasty said:
oh oh oh... I remember him now... How serious was that tear? Do you think he will fully recover?

Well, by the time the new NFL season starts, he'll be about a year and a half removed from the injury, so he should have recovered well by then.

Nasty said:
who is this guy... who does he play for... anyone got some better info on him? size, speed, ect...

Hey nasty !!

This is the FSU cb who was injured (tored ACL las July) he is 6'2 210lbs and has been clocked in the 40 under 4.4. The report out of FSU is that he has recovered enough that he has been practicing with the team again.

Nasty said:
wait... he is a junior? Why the hell would he come out now? that would be really stupid of him...

I think he and his family aren't in the best condition financially, he probably needs second round money now more than he needs 1st round money in a year.

Nasty said:

Before the injury this guy was top 10 material. Apparently, he petitioned the NFL to see where he may be drafted this year and they must have send him encouraging news... because he declared!

PHINSfan said:
Hey nasty !!

This is the FSU cb who was injured (tored ACL las July) he is 6'2 210lbs and has been clocked in the 40 under 4.4. The report out of FSU is that he has recovered enough that he has been practicing with the team again.

wud up man... hows it going?

Ya... I remember him now. He is practicing though? thats always good...

Caps said:
I think he and his family aren't in the best condition financially, he probably needs second round money now more than he needs 1st round money in a year.

Oh ok...

Nappy Roots said:
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.........*********************!!!!!!!!!!

It hasn't been a good night for you huh? Sorry man, but look on the bright side, maybe Saban will figure out a way to pick him up.

Caps said:
It hasn't been a good night for you huh? Sorry man, but look on the bright side, maybe Saban will figure out a way to pick him up.

no not really.

well i always knew when i saw him play he would leave after his junior year, i just didnt think he do it after not playing a down in his junior year.

hopefully theres something behind his decision, like him and his family actually really need money. cause if there isnt, then i dont know if i actually want to the kid on the dolphins.

i would have to question if he really wanted to play football.

Seems like he's got all the tools but that injury is always scary...Poole was hurt too before the draft and droped to us in the 4th but now he got hurt again...once they start to get hurt then it happens all the time.I'll trust Saban but I doubt he'd take him any earlier than the 3rd just like with Crowder.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom