[MERGED] Article: Dark days of David Woodley... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Article: Dark days of David Woodley...

Fish-Head

U made the pudding but forgot the proof.
Reaction score
With all of the draft talk and coaching personnel changes dominating the boards I found this on ESPN if you feel like a little change of pace. Not the most prolific Dolphin QB but part of our illustrious history nontheless and a very sad and tragic story... He is worthy of more than a footnote in the annals of Dolphin lore and it kind of brings everything into perspective.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3209245&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Wow. Overhelming story. I honestly have nothing to add or say besides...Look what alchohol can do to a guy...Sad Sad Sad

With all of the draft talk and coaching personnel changes dominating the boards I found this on ESPN if you feel like a little change of pace. Not the most prolific Dolphin QB but part of our illustrious history nontheless and a very sad and tragic story... He is worthy of more than a footnote in the annals of Dolphin lore and it kind of brings everything into perspective.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3209245&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1
Good catch,It is kind of weird the article explained how I felt about him. I loved that he lead us to the Super Bowl,but I always found myself wanting Stock in at qb. Strock was one of the great relief qbs of ALL-TIME

Thanks for posting the article - I remember watching him in that Super Bowl. That is very sad how his life fell apart afterward. I never realized what happened to him after he left the Dolphins.

Thanks so much for the article. I always wondered what happened to Woodley and how he died so young. I think alcohol not only ruins many lives but also the lives of many people around the alcoholic. I have watched SB XVII many times and I remember Bokamper dropping an interception on the Redskin's two yard line after batting Theisman's pass into the air...his dropped INT likely cost us a SB win....lotsa woulda/couldas. :(

made tears run down my face, i remember ole Woodley. Life is so short sometimes.

I think that's the cause here. The alcohol was his attempting to deal with that. Some people can deal better than others

Good point, but lI laughed out loud ooking at your signature,........ "Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?"........um.... here's a hint for you..... the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor, it was Japan.

Good point, but lI laughed out loud ooking at your signature,........ "Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?"........um.... here's a hint for you..... the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor, it was Japan.

Tell me you've seen "Animal House" dude...please tell me that... if not shame on you. One of Belushis best cinematic moments ever.
Now on Woodley. I feel so bad for what became of him. I hope his tormented soul is resting in peace.

Yeah like NYFINZFAN said its a classic scene in Animal House. Thought it was a great slogan for our season

David Woodley died because of his lack of heart.

What the hell is wrong with you? Come on dude thats not necessary .:disapprove:

I dont care what you thought of him as a player but as human being have some compassion.

Back
Top Bottom