[MERGED] Article: Dark days of David Woodley... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Article: Dark days of David Woodley...

Don't step on him, its true. He did die from a lack of heart. He lacked the heart to face life and move on. He lacked the will power to put down the bottle and deal with his problems. The problem is why, poor childhood, I'm sure that had a great deal to do with it. But at some point you have to realize that doesn't define you....if you don't let it. But he was a tourtued sou, and I wish him peace and trainquility as I do all the poor souls in this world. The alcohol isn't to blame, nor are the drugs, its the person you blame. David Woodley is to blame for David Woodley, but that doesn't mean its not a very sad story, nor that I don't feel for that poor man and those who loved him.

Lack of heart my ***, the guy had to much heart. His problem was that he was a loner and didn't know how to reach out to others. If anyone really ever watched him play they could see right off the bat he gave his all but that was never good enough for him. The guy never thought he was good enough, so very sad.

Don't step on him, its true. He did die from a lack of heart. He lacked the heart to face life and move on. He lacked the will power to put down the bottle and deal with his problems. The problem is why, poor childhood, I'm sure that had a great deal to do with it. But at some point you have to realize that doesn't define you....if you don't let it. But he was a tourtued sou, and I wish him peace and trainquility as I do all the poor souls in this world. The alcohol isn't to blame, nor are the drugs, its the person you blame. David Woodley is to blame for David Woodley, but that doesn't mean its not a very sad story, nor that I don't feel for that poor man and those who loved him.

My guess is you never had to deal with drug addicts or Alcoholics before.

i'm around drug addicts and alcoholics day in and day out. to them being messed up is the norm. no matter what friends and family tell them they will do as they please. drift into depression and lock themselves away from the world. They often times do become loners. People that dont care for others not even themselves. They want to right the ship with the drugs and booze they drink. Like Mitch Hedberg said Alcoholism is the only disease you can get yelled at for having, but yelling doesnt help. As a matter of fact it hurts more than it helps. Sometimes when an addict gets help it makes them drift into deeper depression because the feel like people are feeling sorry for them causing them to drink more or do hardcore drugs more. He had an illness that took his life away slowly and painfully. Dont sit here and say he had no heart when he actually had heart and passion for the game. He might have had the willpower most of you here think you have but the man lived a lonely life that eventually brought him to his demise. I thought i was a great article. very well written and informative.

But heres a question how would you feel if you took the team to a super bowl and then the very next year (while still only 24 years of age) get traded to the Steelers while your former team picks up a rookie QB in the draft to play your position. That could and would cause a lot of heartache for a lot of you here. Dont even think aobut it in a football sense. Imagine if this happened to you at work.

My guess is you never had to deal with drug addicts or Alcoholics before.

Your guess is very wrong. I do it on an almost daily basis. ANd heart on the field isn't what he or I was talking about. He drank himslf to death, there's nothing cut and dry about that. But he didn't have the heart to stop.

David Woodley Dead - 44 years old

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3209245

clear.gif

Well past Miami Dolphins QB David Woodley, whom lead us to our first Super Bowl (XVII) loss against the Redskins. He died of kidney and liver failure alone and broke in a hospital.

Its a pretty sad story, after he lost the Super Bowl he took up drinking and after Marino took his job he completely feel apart at the seams. :(

I don't know about y'all but tonight I plan on drinking a beer to Dave. He was an awesome Dolphin. :beer1:

Sad story....His wife should of stuck it out with him...maybe things would of worked out better for him...

It sounds to me like he suffered from Social Anxiety Disorder and used alcohol to deal with it much like Ricky has used Marijuana to deal with his problem.

Are you guys bashing me for my comment? Go ahead and Bash me if you like, if you took them out of context then I can't change the way you feel right now.

Woodley did die from a lack of heart. He wasn't traded for a better player but for a player who would put stability in a position that miami needed most. Woodley could have been a great player but his lack of heart left him somewhere else. Instead of spending time watching film, he would end up drunk and amazingly would play a good game afterwards. He drank to his death and never wanted to do anything with his life. There are many loners out there, he was just the type that did not want to do anything because he didn't feel like it. I remember years back, he was offered a job as a quarterback coach for a small college and he decided to crawl back to louisiana to get drunk and high.

I loved him as a player but unlike many other Dolphins, they were part of the game because they had the heart for it, they picture themselves in a football uniform until they are not able to perform. Woodley quickly gave up and didn't even bother to spend his life as a backup journeyman.

He is resting right now.

It sounds to me like he suffered from Social Anxiety Disorder and used alcohol to deal with it much like Ricky has used Marijuana to deal with his problem.

My thoughts exactly. It's sad, and a shame that there really isn't anything anybody can do for them.

Back
Top Bottom