[MERGED] Article: Dark days of David Woodley... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Article: Dark days of David Woodley...

Lack of heart my A**, the guy had to much heart. His problem was that he was a loner and didn't know how to reach out to others. If anyone really ever watched him play they could see right off the bat he gave his all but that was never good enough for him. The guy never thought he was good enough, so very sad.

I knew his college roommate and what you wrote mirrors what he told me. He was always an introvert who chose to spend his time with a case of beer and an empty room. This guy was devastated when Woodley died but said that he was surprised that it hadn't happened sooner.

Are you guys bashing me for my comment? Go ahead and Bash me if you like, if you took them out of context then I can't change the way you feel right now.

Woodley did die from a lack of heart. He wasn't traded for a better player but for a player who would put stability in a position that miami needed most. Woodley could have been a great player but his lack of heart left him somewhere else. Instead of spending time watching film, he would end up drunk and amazingly would play a good game afterwards. He drank to his death and never wanted to do anything with his life. There are many loners out there, he was just the type that did not want to do anything because he didn't feel like it. I remember years back, he was offered a job as a quarterback coach for a small college and he decided to crawl back to louisiana to get drunk and high.

I loved him as a player but unlike many other Dolphins, they were part of the game because they had the heart for it, they picture themselves in a football uniform until they are not able to perform. Woodley quickly gave up and didn't even bother to spend his life as a backup journeyman.

He is resting right now.

His problem started before he even came to the pro level.

Woodley didn't play that long here anyways, I don't know why you guys are so uptight about him. Jay Fiedler took more snaps than he did.

Woodley didn't play that long here anyways, I don't know why you guys are so uptight about him. Jay Fiedler took more snaps than he did.

To me,Woodley is remembered a hell've lot more fondly
than Fiedler....I guess before Dan as rather than after
Dan.

What a sad, sad, sad story. If you don't have a sniffle or two after reading that, you aren't human. :boohoo:

Because he was a human being. Can't you feel anything ? :err:

I also read this story. It was a very nice write up but really sad. its sad to see what alochol can do to a person. I wasnt born yet to live the moments he playd for us but no matter the time, its sad to see anything bad happen to a human.

I read this last week and I found it to be deeply moving, as David Woodley was the first Fins QB I ever knew. I became a fan during the 81-82 season and it was David Woodley's play that helped solidify me as a Fins Fan. Reading what happened to him really brought back all those old memories. Tis a shame what happened to him.

For those of you who did not get to see him play for us he played alot like Fran Tarkenton.The rap in those day's was he was inconsistent.Boy when he was on he was something to watch.To this day I say that if we could have mustered any kind of a running attack we would have won that super bowl.It's a damn shame what I just read.I like most never thought of him after Dan came around.But just so his ex know's he is gone but is not forgotten.

David had great passion for the game and wanted so badly to be a winner and excel at his position. What he didn't like was the outside pressures of the game. He didn't know how to cope with anything outside the locker room, thus the alcohol abuse. Its a sad story and one of human self destruction. In my opinion he suffered from a disease and alcohol was his release or coping agent not the root of his problem.

Please don't say he had no heart or he did it to himself. You come off as extremely ignorant and someone with no compassion for another human being.

With all of the draft talk and coaching personnel changes dominating the boards I found this on ESPN if you feel like a little change of pace. Not the most prolific Dolphin QB but part of our illustrious history nontheless and a very sad and tragic story... He is worthy of more than a footnote in the annals of Dolphin lore and it kind of brings everything into perspective.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3209245&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

well that could be one of the saddest stories I have ever read.. thank alot man!!! Jk...

Back
Top Bottom