[MERGED] Asante Samuels | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Asante Samuels

About how much would we have to pay for him? Or would bill go after a young corner in the draft? Thoughts?

Asante, as good a corner as he may be, is an arrogant, chest beating a*ss (until after he gets beaten horribly, like he did in the Super Bowl) and I would not want him to be a member of my team...

I say...go draft or a younger vet...as others on here, I'd go after Deangelo, Cromartie, or Trufant...

A. Samuel Worth How Much?

Just saw this on rotoworld. Thats a lot of money.

Free agent Asante Samuel is rumored to be in search of a ten-year, $100 million contract, including $30 million up front.

Apparently he doesn't just want more than Nate Clements (seven years, $64 million), he wants much more. The way Samuel and his agent are speaking, it sounds like he doesn't have a preference of where to sign. Some GMs are pegging him as a system DB, but Samuel will likely go to the highest bidder.
Source: Boston Herald

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

He doesn't even deserve what Clements was signed for.

Lets get him for a 6yr 49mil deal with a 25% guaranteed.

He's a product of the system and he won't produce nearly as well after getting payed

I'm 90% sure he will not get what hes asking and if he does that GM will be considered the laughing stock of the NFL after a year or 2 passes

i think he picked the wrong sport. tell him to go try out for the Celtics, or Lakers if he wants THAT kind of cashesh.

nobody is worth that! Period!

Your avatar is close. :)

I'd talk to Samuels and see how much of this 10year/$100mil is bluster. After he visits with a few teams maybe he'll find the fish aren't biting unless he and the agent become more reasonable. I'd sign him for a lot, but I don't want to be involved in a deal that breaks records... which probably means he'll play somewhere else.

I'm 90% sure he will not get what hes asking and if he does that GM will be considered the laughing stock of the NFL after a year or 2 passes

He will get pretty close to that if not more.

Welcome to the NFL's $116 million salary cap. In 1994 the cap was $34.6 million. It was $57.3 million in 1999.

He values himself quite high, we dont want a selfish player like that in south florida for the dolphins.

Samuel, take a hike, you weren't the reason the patriots won all those games last year, and you sure weren't clutch when david tyree embarrassed Harrison.

First off, the CBA means the caps larger this year than it was last year, so contracts will be bigger (and more infladed) than they were last year. Factor that in with the fact that Samuals is just flatout a better CB than Clements, then yeah, Samuals will get a contract over 90 million.

Waste of money in general and specifically for a team that's a few years away from serious contention. We need someone who can develop through "on job training;" just like Samuel did after coming out of Central Fl as a 4th round 2003 pick. An overpriced present "shut down" CB would be too much of an indulgent luxury for team like the Fins.

He is a good, but not great CB, and not worth all that money. I'll be glad to see some team overpay for him, as it gets him out of New England, and they will be having secondary issues -even if Harrison returns for another year.

:rotfl1:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

He's not worth it and my gut feeling is that he is a product of the NE system and won't be able to play at the same level elsewhere.

I wouldn't want to bring anybody in for $100 million. Not only that with all the bad luck the Dolphin's have had, they will sign him to that fat contract and he would blow out a knee the first game he played for us.

Back
Top Bottom