Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 112 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Boomer said:
To be honest I have no idea, suffice to say that they are JUST rumours. I think it's VERY unlikely that westcoastsports or whatever the website was, would know ANYTHING about the result of Ricky's test.

I am anti trading him because we don't get the value. I mean, he's a top 5 back and essentially we'd be dealing him for a 3.

But what if it was a 2? Personally I think the upside of a 2nd round pick is tremendous and of course the downside is Eddie Moore, lol. But on the other hand the upside for Ricky's presence on the roster is capped while the downside is that he decides tomorrow that in light of this whole appeals BS he's had enough with the trials and tribulations of NFL life and he's going to go live permanently on a mountain in India.

ckparrothead said:
But what if it was a 2? Personally I think the upside of a 2nd round pick is tremendous and of course the downside is Eddie Moore, lol. But on the other hand the upside for Ricky's presence on the roster is capped while the downside is that he decides tomorrow that in light of this whole appeals BS he's had enough with the trials and tribulations of NFL life and he's going to go live permanently on a mountain in India.

I agree. I wouldn't trade him for a 3, but a 2nd rounder would be too good to pass up. That could be a starter for years to come instead of a platoon player for 2 or 3 years tops.

ckparrothead said:
I'm going to pretend that I already knew that the UK resisted the euro currency swap...so that people don't think I'm a nerd.

Well, ok actually I did know that but that's just because I was an Econ major when I went to georgetown.

LOL

ckparrothead said:

Yes, but as you know as we've been having this discussion in the VIP :D how do you know we'll get a 2nd? I think it's very unlikely.

Boomer said:
Yes, but as you know as we've been having this discussion in the VIP :D how do you know we'll get a 2nd? I think it's very unlikely.

I think a 2nd round offer is plausible...not likely...but plausible. But, that's beside the point. I'm having trouble reconciling how no team in their right mind would send us a 2nd for Ricky, while at the same time us being of sound mind and body would refuse an offer of a 2nd round pick because he's worth more to us than that.

ckparrothead said:
I'm going to pretend that I already knew that the UK resisted the euro currency swap...so that people don't think I'm a nerd.
Well, ok actually I did know that but that's just because I was an Econ major when I went to georgetown.
God bless our xenophobic nature. :tongue:
Boomer or CK, whats your opinion on the hypothetical situation that if Ronnie Brown and Reggie Bush were in the same draft, and both are there at your pick, which one would you take?

Springveldt said:
God bless our xenophobic nature. :tongue:
Boomer or CK, whats your opinion on the hypothetical situation that if Ronnie Brown and Reggie Bush were in the same draft, and both are there at your pick, which one would you take?

Ronnie Brown hands down, uhh, in the town...with a noun...and a clown, of world renoun. Heh.

Brown Brown Brown Brown Brown. No doubts in my mind. Not even a question I have to think about.

NickJr. said:
I agree. I wouldn't trade him for a 3, but a 2nd rounder would be too good to pass up. That could be a starter for years to come instead of a platoon player for 2 or 3 years tops.

Or it could be Jacquez Green, Jeremy Staat, Pat Johnson, Artrell Hawkins, Germane Crowell, Tony Simmons, Dorian Boose, Cordell Taylor, Charlie Batch, Charles Fisher, JJ Johnson, Reggie Kelly, Kevin Faulk, Fred Vinson, Joe Montgomery, Shaun King, Johnny Rutledge, Michael Cloud, Scott Shields, Jermaine Fazande, Adrian Klemm, Dwayne Goodrich, Michael Boireau, Bobby Williams, Robert Ferguson, Tommy Polley, Paul Toviessi, Quincy Carver, Michael Stone, Quentin Caver, Tony Dixon, Marquis Tuiasosopo, Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Freeman, Lamont Thompson, Tim Carter, Al Johnson, Eddie Moore, Terry Pearce, Teyo Johnson.

Et Cetera.

ckparrothead said:
Ronnie Brown hands down, uhh, in the town...with a noun...and a clown, of world renoun. Heh.

Brown Brown Brown Brown Brown. No doubts in my mind. Not even a question I have to think about.
why is that? I agree with you but whats your reasoning? I think Brown is just a better and more complete RB. he can block, catch, run with power, run with speed. heck, he can even throw the ball :lol:

Boomer said:
To be honest I have no idea, suffice to say that they are JUST rumours. I think it's VERY unlikely that westcoastsports or whatever the website was, would know ANYTHING about the result of Ricky's test.

I am anti trading him because we don't get the value. I mean, he's a top 5 back and essentially we'd be dealing him for a 3.

agreed and i know saban is all about "value"...we will not be getting value with ricky being traded.....for a high 2nd i would do it bc of the age factor and the absence of a 2nd rounder...but anything less i wouldnt

i like ricky williams and think he's a great compliment to ronnie

nick1 said:
why is that? I agree with you but whats your reasoning? I think Brown is just a better and more complete RB. he can block, catch, run with power, run with speed. heck, he can even throw the ball :lol:

Simply put, Ronnie will have a longer and more fruitful career. Or at least, I'm convinced of that right now. I don't think Reggie Bush will ever be durable.

I think Reggie and Mike Vick could be twins, except Vick has a cannon on his shoulders and plays a position where he's not guaranteed to get hit by a linebacker or defensive lineman 75% of every time he touches the ball.

Boomer said:
Or it could be Jacquez Green, Jeremy Staat, Pat Johnson, Artrell Hawkins, Germane Crowell, Tony Simmons, Dorian Boose, Cordell Taylor, Charlie Batch, Charles Fisher, JJ Johnson, Reggie Kelly, Kevin Faulk, Fred Vinson, Joe Montgomery, Shaun King, Johnny Rutledge, Michael Cloud, Scott Shields, Jermaine Fazande, Adrian Klemm, Dwayne Goodrich, Michael Boireau, Bobby Williams, Robert Ferguson, Tommy Polley, Paul Toviessi, Quincy Carver, Michael Stone, Quentin Caver, Tony Dixon, Marquis Tuiasosopo, Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Freeman, Lamont Thompson, Tim Carter, Al Johnson, Eddie Moore, Terry Pearce, Teyo Johnson.

Et Cetera.

HA! Good point there.

ckparrothead said:
Simply put, Ronnie will have a longer and more fruitful career. Or at least, I'm convinced of that right now. I don't think Reggie Bush will ever be durable.

I think Reggie and Mike Vick could be twins, except Vick has a cannon on his shoulders and plays a position where he's not guaranteed to get hit by a linebacker or defensive lineman 75% of every time he touches the ball.
I agree Bush doesn't have the frame to be durable enough in the NFL

I saw this mock in draftdaddy.com

What would you think if this ended up correct for us?

16 Miami ~ DT Gabe Watson, Michigan
82 Miami ~ CB Demetrice Webb, Florida
114 Miami ~ QB Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
149 Miami ~ (NO PICK - Exercised in 2005 Supplemental Draft)
212 Miami ~ OLB Brandon Guillory, ULM
226 Miami ~ SS Trevis Cooley, Southern Miss.
233 Miami ~ LB Keith Ellison, Oregon State

Boomer said:

Et Cetera.

Agreed, but it could be...

2005: Lofa Tatupu, Odell Thurman, Bryant McFadden
2004: Tatum Bell, Julius Jones, Bob Sanders, Michael Boulware
2003: Charles Tillman, Eugene Wilson, Rashean Mathis, Anquan Boldin, Osi Umenyiora, Mike Doss
2002: DeShaun Foster, LeCharles Bentley, Clinton Portis, Sheldon Brown, Antwaan Randle El, Deion Branch
Et Cetera...

A second round pick is not bad if you know what you're doing. Like I said before, if we don't get a second rounder for him, I wouldn't pull the trigger. But with Saban's draft savvy, I'll take my chance to get a player the quality of those above Boom.

Back
Top Bottom