Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 113 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Can't an argument be made that we are not comparing the value between Ricky Williams and a second round pick, but rather, we are comparing the value between two years with Ricky Williams as the backup and a second round pick?

I don't believe it is a stretch to presume he is gone when his contract runs out.

Therefore, isn't that the true value of Ricky Williams to the Miami Dolphins?

Based on that, I believe we would trade him in a heartbeat if a team was short sighted enough to offer a second round pick.

Springveldt said:
God bless our xenophobic nature. :tongue:
Boomer or CK, whats your opinion on the hypothetical situation that if Ronnie Brown and Reggie Bush were in the same draft, and both are there at your pick, which one would you take?

It would definately be a landslide among NFL Gms who would they take.

Boomer, now that Ricky's gone do you see RB being on Miami's wishlist going into the draft? If so around which round would you expect Miami to start considering, and whom?

Boomer, any chance Saban will draft LSU players in the late rounds like Travis Daniels last year? wich players do you belive he could be intetrested in?

FinFan57 said:
So Guys.....Now that Ricky is gone, what do we do? Who do we draft?

It changes nothing on day 1 for sure. If we dealt down and got extra day 1 picks, then maybe in three. But really, with Harris, Minor and Morris, we are in decent shape. Lest we not forget that Ronnie Brown was the 2nd overall pick last year and has a tonne of talent, so panicking and the sort of over-reacting that has been in evidence in the main forum is as laughable as it is ill informed.

I would suspect a Gerald Riggs Jr, an Andre Hall, etc would be viable day 2 picks.

J Tes said:
Boomer, now that Ricky's gone do you see RB being on Miami's wishlist going into the draft? If so around which round would you expect Miami to start considering, and whom?

Day 2 J.

Gerald Riggs Jr, Andre Hall, Mike Bell of Arizona would be a cracking pick up, De'Arrius Howard, etc.

Given To Fly said:
Boomer, any chance Saban will draft LSU players in the late rounds like Travis Daniels last year? wich players do you belive he could be intetrested in?

Melvin Oliver would be one. Ronnie Prude another. And depending where Claude Wroten falls following his failed drug test at the Combine, then he'd have to be considered.

Boomer said:
Melvin Oliver would be one. Ronnie Prude another. And depending where Claude Wroten falls following his failed drug test at the Combine, then he'd have to be considered.

Dont you think Nick Saban has had enough of failed drug tests....?

I guess my question is why even consider anyone with that problem

Alex22 said:
Dont you think Nick Saban has had enough of failed drug tests....?

I guess my question is why even consider anyone with that problem

Well if anyone knows Claude it's Nick. And sometimes that talent is hard to pass up.

BTW - please sign up for the FH Draft Chat if you haven't already.

Boomer...I'm getting into this late, but do you have an opinion on Jason Hunter from Appalachia St ?? I am from the Boone, NC area and this guy was the team, the NCAA div 1A champs...but he played DE. He's projected as an OLB and had a pretty good combine...the local press has been touting him as a 3-4th rounder. I've met the kid a few times and he's a decent person. He's played exceptional at this level, but how does that project to the pro level...Do you have any thoughts on him ???

LarryFinFan said:
Boomer...I'm getting into this late, but do you have an opinion on Jason Hunter from Appalachia St ?? I am from the Boone, NC area and this guy was the team, the NCAA div 1A champs...but he played DE. He's projected as an OLB and had a pretty good combine...the local press has been touting him as a 3-4th rounder. I've met the kid a few times and he's a decent person. He's played exceptional at this level, but how does that project to the pro level...Do you have any thoughts on him ???

Hi Larry......sorry, I've never seen him play and from what I've read, it seems he's a late round, FA type.

Back
Top Bottom