Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

what do you think of Reggie McNeal? he got a 4.35 in the 40 yard dash, is he comparable to Michael Vick? or is he also a good passer?

nick1 said:
what do you think of Reggie McNeal? he got a 4.35 in the 40 yard dash, is he comparable to Michael Vick? or is he also a good passer?

If you search through the thread, I believe we've answered questions on McNeal already.

Alex22 said:
Boomer I was wondering what you think the chances are that one of these three players are there at pick 16, are we looking at them, and in what order do you rate them

Michael Huff
Jimmy Williams
and
Cromartie

The chances are extremely slim that Huff makes it to 16, but good that either Williams or Cromartie will make it. Boomer and I agree that between those three, we'd rank Huff #1, Cromartie #2, and Williams #3.

What about Bloom? I forget his first name. The guy that just came from the Olympics in Turin. He ran a 4.5 in the combine, slower than he thought he would run. Will this drop his stock a lot or will teams give him a break because he isnt in football condition? I assume he is going to run the 40 again sometime, so he really has to improve on a 4.5 at his height.
What round do you see him in now?

tylerdolphin said:
What about Bloom? I forget his first name. The guy that just came from the Olympics in Turin. He ran a 4.5 in the combine, slower than he thought he would run. Will this drop his stock a lot or will teams give him a break because he isnt in football condition? I assume he is going to run the 40 again sometime, so he really has to improve on a 4.5 at his height.
What round do you see him in now?

The word is that the 40 time did not hurt him. In fact, some scouts came away super impressed that he came in and ran a time like that (4.49) after having been training hard core for skiing for a long time and not doing any workouts to try and improve your running speed. He's at a low weight 173 pounds I believe, where he normally likes to be 185 pounds for football shape.

Generally scouts loved his desire. The only problem they have with him is he refused the positional drills (running routes, catching passes, etc), opting to just do the running drills. This isn't surprising. The guy has spent a LONG time out of football, he's been working out as a skier for the last year and it's probably been quite a while before he ran routes and caught passes. He could have improved his stock if he somehow did all those drills and looked like a natural or like he'd never been away, but that's asking WAY too much of a guy that probably hasn't caught a football in a year. He's made no efforts to hide the fact that he is pimping himself as purely a fast human being that has a little bit of football experience and should be a good return man. When he gets in football shape, that's exactly what he'll be.

Hey Boomer and CK......love what you guys are doing here with all the information you are giving us. Question: With all the needs this team has, do you guys think that Saban will possibly trade down to pick up additional picks? If so would it have a big impact on us aquireing a top LT or CB in the draft?

finmann said:
Hey Boomer and CK......love what you guys are doing here with all the information you are giving us. Question: With all the needs this team has, do you guys think that Saban will possibly trade down to pick up additional picks? If so would it have a big impact on us aquireing a top LT or CB in the draft?

I think it will be an option if something materializes, and the coaches will do their homework calling up a couple teams that could want to move up and gauging their interest, but you have to understand a trade down is not something you can just pull out of your rear end. Someone HAS to be interested enough to do it.

That said if Saban gets a fair offer as per the NFL trade value chart, he'll probably pull the trigger unless one of the "elite" players falls (like Greenway, Huff, Ngata, Justice...)

Yo Boom / CK, for comparison sake...I have a hypothetical question assuming all these QB's were in the SAME draft. Which one do you take first and why?

1) Michael Vick or Vince Young
2) Brodie Croyle or Alex Smith
3) Matt Cassel or Ingel Martin
4) Reggie McNeal or JP Losman
5) Charlie Whitehurst or Charlie Frye

Hey Boom or CK,
with the way Bunkley has been working out today, do you think he becomes even more of a possibility for us at 16?

PhinstiGator said:
Yo Boom / CK, for comparison sake...I have a hypothetical question assuming all these QB's were in the SAME draft. Which one do you take first and why?

1) Michael Vick or Vince Young
2) Brodie Croyle or Alex Smith
3) Matt Cassel or Ingel Martin
4) Reggie McNeal or JP Losman
5) Charlie Whitehurst or Charlie Frye

Fair enough?

motioncityhifi said:
Hey Boom or CK,
with the way Bunkley has been working out today, do you think he becomes even more of a possibility for us at 16?

Absolutely. Well, he certainly didn't hurt himself. He was already a good possibility at #16 anyway. I think he was Boomer's choice at #16 and I had Gabe Watson at #16 but I'm generally as indifferent as it gets between Bunkley and Watson.

ckparrothead said:
Absolutely. Well, he certainly didn't hurt himself. He was already a good possibility at #16 anyway. I think he was Boomer's choice at #16 and I had Gabe Watson at #16 but I'm generally as indifferent as it gets between Bunkley and Watson.

Thanks, thats great news. I was hoping for Watson based on the potential and size Watson has. After seeing Bunkley though, I dont know seems like Bunkley is mean enough that he would sack a QB then go after his family in the stands.

motioncityhifi said:
Thanks, thats great news. I was hoping for Watson based on the potential and size Watson has. After seeing Bunkley though, I dont know seems like Bunkley is mean enough that he would sack a QB then go after his family in the stands.

Here's what I know about Bunkley. He was a wreckless manimal at the Senior Bowl...and his taking a concussion probably contributed to Gabe Watson getting the rep of the best interior DL at the Senior Bowl. He's strong as an ox, as we see from the Combine...and he went seamlessly from a playing weight of around 285 to about 305 without losing any speed.

THIS, more than anything perhaps, is what drew Saban's attention at the Senior Bowl.

What I'm thinking is that if Bunkley can show up 6'3" and be just as fast at 305 pounds as he was at 285 pounds, then that boy could probably get up to 6'3" 325 pounds and still be the second coming of Marcus Stroud or as KB21 points out, Brentson Buckner.

ckparrothead said:
Fair enough?
I know for sure that Young will be better than Vick, come on Young is a league above Vick as a passer and they are both just as lethal as scramblers. Young dominated college at a level far above what Vick did. Vick was never the nations best QB and was never up for the Heisman. Vick is very overrated in the NFL. Young will surprise doubters BTW he got a 16 on the wonderlic test, the 6 mentioned was false info...

have you talked about Ko Simpson yet? he would be a 1st rounder I think and Miami should have strong interest in him, he is a playmaker. his only knock is inexperience

Hey Boomer/ CK. Great work. I believe that Saban will address Miami's biggest need prior to the draft. That need being QB (hopefully by the signing of Brees). So going into the draft I see Miami's biggest needs as OL/DL/and Secondary. I have nothing to base this on, but I just dont see Miami spending a high draft pick on the O-line. I am a a huge Cromartie fan, and hope he's the pick at 16. But my question is, most of us know about Cromartie, Bunkley, Watson, but who should we know about as possible 2nd round targets at DT, and CB? Thanks

nick1 said:
I know for sure that Young will be better than Vick, come on Young is a league above Vick as a passer and they are both just as lethal as scramblers. Young dominated college at a level far above what Vick did. Vick was never the nations best QB and was never up for the Heisman. Vick is very overrated in the NFL. Young will surprise doubters BTW he got a 16 on the wonderlic test, the 6 mentioned was false info...

have you talked about Ko Simpson yet? he would be a 1st rounder I think and Miami should have strong interest in him, he is a playmaker. his only knock is inexperience

Not possible at this point.

I agree with the Ko Simpson though.

Back
Top Bottom