Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 115 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

aproudmonkey said:
Boner,
You told me a month ago within this thread that based on the info you had that you knew R Williams would not lose his appeal. Where did your "inside info" you said you had let you down?

boner or boomer???? cmon man!!!!

this guy;s been nothing but a wealth of good info

Hey...Boomer I got a question

Think there is any possible chance that Miami would draft a kicker? Just curious because of everything that went on with mare. He is getting alot older now even though he is a top 5 kicker

obxsnowboarderp said:
Hey...Boomer I got a question

Think there is any possible chance that Miami would draft a kicker? Just curious because of everything that went on with mare. He is getting alot older now even though he is a top 5 kicker

Personally, I think only possible with the very last pick in the 7th round and even then...no.

I believe Saban when he says for the record that their discussions with Mare have been centered around a realistic way to make Mare a phin for the rest of his career, given how big a part of this team's history he has been.

aproudmonkey said:
Boner,
You told me a month ago within this thread that based on the info you had that you knew R Williams would not lose his appeal. Where did your "inside info" you said you had let you down?
It's boomer...:shakeno:

I would just like to again urge people who are interested in chatting with Boomer, myself, and KB21 during draft day to sign up for the draft day chat we will be holding.

We believe the experience will be pleasant and well worth the measly $5 cover charge.

If you would like to sign up, you can do so by visiting www.paypal.com and opening a quick personal account, then using a credit card to make a $5 payment to ckparrothead@yahoo.com

It is important that in the email note that goes along with the payment you fill in

A) Your email address
B) Your FH nickname
C) A password that you choose for yourself

We will be using the email addy to contact you with final instructions for the Draft Chat. We will be using the other info to verify chat users during the draft to make sure we don't have free loaders.

Come chat with Boomer, KB21, and myself. We really don't think you'll regret it!

Russian Dolfan said:
Boomer, can we please ask, when are you going to release your very last mock draft, i am still under impression of your last-year one. That was the most perfect mock draft i have ever seen. Not just that year. Ever.

Thanks in advance.

Spasibo.

It's the hardest damn draft this year I've ever known. I am doing one with CK and Keith and I have one of my own, but it'll suck

:)

aproudmonkey said:
Boner,

Thanks for your contribution.

Hey Boomer and CK

I really want to thank both of you for your time and patience in answering all the posts. This particular topic is 1 of the one's I alway look for to see what new insights both of you have towards the draft and Dolphins in general. Again many thanks for bringing your insights to the boards.

aproudmonkey said:
Boner,
Well even though I disagree with Boomer on somethings especially a draft issue from a few years ago, This board was filled with alot of people and info that pointed the same way. Even the great Boomer will not be right 100% of the time, and if he was then we would be paying him big money for the info.

Morpheos said:
Hey Boomer and CK

I really want to thank both of you for your time and patience in answering all the posts. This particular topic is 1 of the one's I alway look for to see what new insights both of you have towards the draft and Dolphins in general. Again many thanks for bringing your insights to the boards.

Hey man we appreciate the praise!

Remember folks you can still sign up for the draft day chat featuring Boomer, CKParrotHead, and KB21.

All you have to do is sign up for a quick "personal" account on paypal. Don't worry about bank account numbers or anything like that. Just set up a credit card on your account, and send $5 to ckparrothead@yahoo.com

Remember to include in the email note your email address, your FinHeaven nick name, and a password of your choice.

Instructions will be forthcoming once you've signed up! Thanks again to those who have signed up.

Boomer, I have heard these names in the lower rounds...

Vaugh, the linebacker from LSU
Brandon Gulliroy DE, UL Monroe
Prudy CB LSU

There are others, but I hear the three names a lot.

Do you have others in mind, and what do you think of these three?

Lee2000

Boomer, Ck,

One more question before draft day and I'll leave you guys alone! :wink:
If Cutler slips to #16 and we don't have a deal for Harrington, do you see Saban selecting him?

Thanks!

Finfanforever said:
Boomer, Ck,

One more question before draft day and I'll leave you guys alone! :wink:
If Cutler slips to #16 and we don't have a deal for Harrington, do you see Saban selecting him?

Thanks!

In the end, no...just because the Vikings will trade up from #17 to take him, or the Jets will trade up from #29 with us. We've held discussions with both teams, and there's reason to believe they have contingency deals set up should Cutler fall.

My personal opinion on Cutler is that even though Leinart will be better in the long run, Cutler's invaluable experience managing the down side on a bad team and his very very significant physical skills will make him the QB most ready to make a contribution as a rookie. Ben Roethlisberger had the small school stigma going against him but the reality was that his significant physical skills allow him to be dangerous as a QB even if his decision making is off a lot (and he continually throws more near-interceptions than just about any QB). OCs can make the game easier for a guy who is not yet ready to handle loads and loads of decision making authority. They have a lot tougher time planning an offense around a weak set of physical abilities. IMO, no rookie walks in with the mental aspect of the game down well enough to succeed without monster physical talent at his disposal. Not even Joe Montana. That much takes time. If I recall right Rick Mirer actually did relatively well his rookie year in Seattle...then was crap as a pro the rest of his career. I'm not sayin Cutler will be crap as a pro...just that he's like other guys who have enjoyed a little bit of success as a rookie...and therefore selecting him wouldn't be a bad idea considering we need someone NOW to run the offense for about 6 games at various points when Daunte's knee swells up like a balloon.

So, our threat to the Vikings to take him at #16 is credible...cuz we'd do it. That means the Vikes will pony up and do the one spot trade, probably for a 4th the same as they did to us two years ago.

CK/Boomer

Manny Lawson has been my pick at #16 for reasons that we've already discussed. I'm wondering though, due to Ricky's departure, if we might consider DeAngelo Williams.

This is a guy that would give us a "thunder and lightning" backfield. He and Ronnie can both hit the home run, both are great receivers, and both are high character, leader type guys. They compliment each other very well. Along with a healthy Daunte Culpepper, we'd have a tremendous backfield for years to come. With that backfield, we wouldn't need a great O-line; we'd be fine with what we have.

Admittedly, it would be very hard to pass up on the great LB's and DB's available to us in the 1st round, but when you consider what Williams could bring to our offense, it would be interesting.

FinFan57 said:
CK/Boomer

Manny Lawson has been my pick at #16 for reasons that we've already discussed. I'm wondering though, due to Ricky's departure, if we might consider DeAngelo Williams.

This is a guy that would give us a "thunder and lightning" backfield. He and Ronnie can both hit the home run, both are great receivers, and both are high character, leader type guys. They compliment each other very well. Along with a healthy Daunte Culpepper, we'd have a tremendous backfield for years to come. With that backfield, we wouldn't need a great O-line; we'd be fine with what we have.

Admittedly, it would be very hard to pass up on the great LB's and DB's available to us in the 1st round, but when you consider what Williams could bring to our offense, it would be interesting.

I dont think Saban will pay first round money for another RB....

Back
Top Bottom