MERGED: Bobby Taylor on CB Short List | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Bobby Taylor on CB Short List

Al13

Don´t mess with Clint
Reaction score
CB Bobby Taylor an Option ?

Dolphins | Taylor on the Short List
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:01:53 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have told the agent for free agent CB Bobby Taylor (Seahawks) that his client is on their "short list." The Dolphins are seeking a starting cornerback.

Al13 said:

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have told the agent for free agent CB Bobby Taylor (Seahawks) that his client is on their "short list." The Dolphins are seeking a starting cornerback.
Do you guys think that Taylor has anything left in the tank?

He played very well w/the Eagles a couple years ago. Horrible in Seattle last year, battling injuries. Definately worth a look and probably won't cost too much.

If things were better at the CB position, I think we'd be talking to him as a free safety convert.

I wouldn't mind Bobby Taylor, I tell you that. He's tall and lean, can tackle real well I believe

saban likes big, athletic corners...bobby taylor is one of the taller corners in the nfl, with a long reach...if travis daniels is the front runner at corner, right now, then a mix of him and taylor could solidify the position...

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Do you guys think that Taylor has anything left in the tank?

i think he does, if we cant get anyone else we should go with him

ckparrothead said:
I'd still continue to wait on Ty Law, though.

I would too. But I wouldn't give him any more that the 1-year deal for the veteran minimum. Let Law prove he's healthy again and can still play.

definately try to get law first...he might be better suited for safety at this point which we need...

I would too. But I wouldn't give him any more that the 1-year deal for the veteran minimum. Let Law prove he's healthy again and can still play.

Yeah, at this point he's not getting the multi-year offers with high commitment/bonus, so one year deals are probably all he's going to field. Personally, I would be willing to offer as much as a full million on a one year deal. He's worth it, and we have the money on the 2005 cap because of Surtain leaving, and I don't want it to go to waste.

There are some corners left out there, Taylor being one. I would be surprised if we went into camp with only the guys we now have.

Howard has been a massive diappointment and with Poole out for the season it doesn't take a genius to know we are still looking. On the plus side Daniels may be a steal in the fourth round but even Madison and Surtain didn't start much as rookies. Though perhaps with the new defensive scheme it will be easier for a rookie, especially one who already knows the basics of the Saban system, to start.

Back to Taylor, I would be happy to have him to either play CB or deepen our Safety rotation. Like most of you I'd rather have Law if we can make the numbers work.

CK, while Taylor does have good form when tackling, he is extremely soft. He could possibly play the FS position, as he is a tall CB, but I would remain very leery of his ability to support the run between the tackles and his inability to break-up passes via open field hits.

Al13 said:

Wow. We must be more desperate than I thought at the CB position.

Back
Top Bottom