Merged: Breaking News: Jason Taylor agrees to play for Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Breaking News: Jason Taylor agrees to play for Jets

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
JT to Jets, "Imminent"

Though we're having a touch of the Groundhog Day vibe on this one, we think it's worthwhile to point out that Orlando Alzugary of WQAM in Miami reports that a deal between the Jets and linebacker Jason Taylor is "imminent."

Taylor and the Jets have been flirting for a couple of weeks. Initially, it appeared that Taylor wanted to get the Dolphins to, ahem, crap or get off the crapper.

It didn't work. The Dolphins continued to drag their feet, and the final straw appeared to come last week, when coach Tony Sparano canceled a meeting with Taylor.

www.profootballtalk.com

JT lost all my respect, sorry

I shall burn his jersey in effigy.

He will be dead to me.

I've no problem with this. The FO has been less than honest and have not acted with any urgency. That means we don't want Taylor.

How is this not the Front Office's fault? If you don't offer the man a contract, you are saying you don't want him. He's supposed to wait until after the draft? For why? So the Fins can draft his replacement and then say they don't need him? JT didn't really have many options here. And the Jets wanted him. Yeah they are our rival, but they also have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl (i think we do too btw). JT wants to be on a winner. His options become a lot more limited after the draft, especially if in addition to us not wanting him, the Jets were to go ahead and draft an OLB and no longer want JT as well. So, not sure I can be mad at JT. Someone counter this for me though so I can.

Does anybody really care? I know I don't. He is 36 years old. As the trifecta noted this season before last, they view him as a "progress stopper". We let it ride for one year last year, and it didn't net positive results. So it's time to move on.

Good luck to him. He's going to need it. Stating week 1 on MNF.

Who cares if JT goes. We will sign Adelius Thomas (when cut) to a 2 year deal and draft a couple young studs.

While I certainly appreciate the emotion and passion... Hate the Jersey... Don't hate the man...

It is quite clear that he would choose the Dolphins if it was up to him... It's not. It is just as clear that the Dolphins are quite happy to let him walk... How can you blame the man when it is our FO who does not want him?

He still believes he has some ball left in him and is choosing the best place for him and his family... I can't begrudge him that... if he is lucky, he will go to the hall in a Phins uni... Just as it should be and will always be a revered member of our players fraternity.

After all... Do we hate Pennington because of his time with the Jests????

Hate him on sundays but the rest of the time remember how he bled aqua and orange and how he was the only thing worth watching on some awful teams.

Back
Top Bottom