MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires

JohnnyCamp10 said:
Lawrence is such a Nancy. Have you no pride? Do the Dolphins sound like thier welcoming back. The man squashed our hearts days before training camp. Hes made this offseason hell. And now we just let him back?
Awww he swquashed your poor lil heart? Listen to yourself. That man doesn't owe you anything. He owes his team mates. And from what I've read, not all of them are opposed to him coming back. It's obvious by your sophmoric name calling that you cannot debate intelligently.

Lawrence said:
If his team mates welcome him back, than that's that. The fans are nobody to decide if he deserves forgiveness. You sound like a heartbroken woman for god sakes.
i would be willing to bet you are a jay fiedler fan and think he should start.

Lawrence said:
Awww he swquashed your poor lil heart? Listen to yourself. That man doesn't owe you anything. He owes his team mates.

we are the 12th man out there Lawrence The fan is as much a part of the team as the WR or RB or wahtever..

:cry: hey lawrence, do you go to any games? you sound EXACTLY like a mouth a couple rows from me ..........:cry: :cry: :yell: :roflmao:

Who Cares About Ricky Anymore... As Far As I Care, Hes Not Part Of The Miami Dolphins... Quit Wasting Your Time Talkin About A Has-been...

Lawrence said:
Awww he swquashed your poor lil heart? Listen to yourself. That man doesn't owe you anything. He owes his team mates. And from what I've read, not all of them are opposed to him coming back. It's obvious by your sophmoric name calling that you cannot debate intelligently.

No but many do and that can create a divided lockerroom. If he isnt sincere and is only here because he cant afford the 8 mil it will divide. It isnt like we can afford more controversy. if the team is unanimously behind him and he is committed than whatever. I would root for him as a player, but he lost respect forever. Yeah I know he doesnt care.

Hi guys, I've been visting this site for some time now and finally decide to make a post. I have a question, if Ricky did return to the Fins this year - not that I want him to -and was suspended by the league for the entire season, would the Dolphins still be entitled to the 8 million they are seeking from him now? Does he just have to report no matter how long he is suspended by the league to avoid paying back the money?

There has been alot of speculation that he only contemplated a return after he found out the Dolphins were serious about re-cooping the 8 million. If he came back and was suspended and was able to keep the money, probably knowing that they would trade him at the end of the season (possibly to the Raiders) , he would be getting exactly what he wants or what he thinks he wants.

Thanks
Great site BTW

MarinoMagic said:
Hi guys, I've been visting this site for some time now and finally decide to make a post. I have a question, if Ricky did return to the Fins this year - not that I want him to -and was suspended by the league for the entire season, would the Dolphins still be entitled to the 8 million they are seeking from him now? Does he just have to report no matter how long he is suspended by the league to avoid paying back the money?

There has been alot of speculation that he only contemplated a return after he found out the Dolphins were serious about re-cooping the 8 million. If he came back and was suspended and was able to keep the money, probably knowing that they would trade him at the end of the season (possibly to the Raiders) , he would be getting exactly what he wants or what he thinks he wants.

Thanks
Great site BTW
I haven't found anybody who can give me an answer to that question...I wonder the same thing.....Does he only have to retract his retirement papers to be entitled to his full salary from the Dolphins?

BTW, welcome to the site.

Lawrence said:
technically the fans don't have a right to be angry at a man who quit his job. Who the hell are we?

Well I don't know who you are but I know who I am. I am a man who paid $2160 for four season tickets to see a team play football.

Ricky Williams is a man who took a large amount of "upfront" money to play football. The rights to his entertainment services were acquired by the team that I paid to watch. That team gave up draft picks and thus acquired the contract of his entertainment services. Draft picks in this business have proven to be a large part of the teams investment. As a result it is indirectly MY investment.

Who am I?
I am the investor that acquired the services of Ricky Williams.

He took my money and attempted to leave without providing the service.

Lawrence said:
technically the fans don't have a right to be angry at a man who quit his job.
:huh:

They DO if the fans are the reason this man is receiving a 4 million dollar salary !!!!
:shakeno:

Marino1983

ZOD said:
Well I don't know who you are but I know who I am. I am a man who paid $2160 for four season tickets to see a team play football.

Ricky Williams is a man who took a large amount of "upfront" money to play football. The rights to his entertainment services were acquired by the team that I paid to watch. That team gave up draft picks and thus acquired the contract of his entertainment services. Draft picks in this business have proven to be a large part of the teams investment. As a result it is indirectly MY investment.

Who am I?
I am the investor that acquired the services of Ricky Williams.

He took my money and attempted to leave without providing the service.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back
Top Bottom