Merged: BRICKER: The line is finer in Carolina | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: BRICKER: The line is finer in Carolina

So we've always had a bad OL for Fiedler & Ricky?

I would have to disagree....we need a better QB.

A good QB makes a defense honest. Which in turn gets them off of the OL trying to stop the run which in turn opens the run.

Sure we need Oline help but it must start with the main position.

yes...we need a better qb...very true...but our o-line also needs an upgrade.

the panthers running game is what makes the oppossing D honest. Jake is a good qb but the o-line and running game in carolina is the reason for the panthers success.

when maimi's o-line played well in 2002...before Jay got hurt in the Denver game...the o-line and running game is what opened things up for miami's offense...jay actually looked pretty good until his injury and we all know what happened after that...enter Lucas.

the problem with jay is he makes stupid mistakes at the most critical time and misses wide open recievers....

the o-line imo is priority #1.

I love that mentality. Build your lines first...that's why our D is so good. It's our run stopping DTs and the ability to rush the passer with our front 4. Our linebackers get everything filtered to them (except Greenwood who helps filter with the Tightends) and our secondary gets a few bad throws towards them because of the passrush. Our O-line is what is keeping everyone back.

hate to say this b/c I am an optimist but Ricky DID run ofr almost 2000 last year and we still missed the playoffs. YES we have to upgrade line but we need to upgrade qb too!

yea, a QB upgrade is a really bigtime need for this team. I dont care how good our O-line is, with Jay in there defenses will (and do) stack the line to stop Ricky while daring us to beat them throwing it....and ya kno what? we cant do it! lol

Originally posted by Dolfan984
I love that mentality. Build your lines first...that's why our D is so good. It's our run stopping DTs and the ability to rush the passer with our front 4. Our linebackers get everything filtered to them (except Greenwood who helps filter with the Tightends) and our secondary gets a few bad throws towards them because of the passrush. Our O-line is what is keeping everyone back.

We have a line....we need 1 or 2 players to make the line better. After that it's the QB that also helps the line. Same on defense the DB's and LB's also help the line get sacks by keeping their players covered.

They all work hand and hand but I believe the major upgrade will be seen when the QB is replaced.

I'm all for building up the line but.....

HEY BRICKER!!!!

Take our two losses to Carolinas Superbowl opponent and we are 12-4 with a first round bye!

Let's see what Carolina can do against them. Then we will be comparing apples to apples. :chuckle:

Come oooooooooon....give me a nasty oline....with a decent quarterback who has a little time........and this offense will open things up like we haven't seen in a long time!!!!!

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
yea, a QB upgrade is a really bigtime need for this team. I dont care how good our O-line is, with Jay in there defenses will (and do) stack the line to stop Ricky while daring us to beat them throwing it....and ya kno what? we cant do it! lol

Doesn't matter if Dan Marino plays QB behind horrible offensive line.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
yes...we need a better qb...very true...but our o-line also needs an upgrade.

the panthers running game is what makes the oppossing D honest. Jake is a good qb but the o-line and running game in carolina is the reason for the panthers success.

when maimi's o-line played well in 2002...before Jay got hurt in the Denver game...the o-line and running game is what opened things up for miami's offense...jay actually looked pretty good until his injury and we all know what happened after that...enter Lucas.

the problem with jay is he makes stupid mistakes at the most critical time and misses wide open recievers....

the o-line imo is priority #1.

Yes we need a qb that is our priority and Oline is our priority too. Our Line has not been bad for four years 2002 Ricky Williams over 1800 yards he run threw the whole and take off. 2003 he would get the ball get knocked down behind the line or gain two yards there were no holes to run throught. Jay need to be gone there should be no excuses believing in someone before they do something that is one thing but when you fail year after year it is time for a change. We need changes on offense every were except Ricky and Chris.

A complete makeover if you should say.:cool:

Great Article

This is so on que: This is the jiss of our dimisse this year.

Hey Dolphins, the line is finer in Carolina

I think this article is right on, and where we need to look..okay, maybe it's a little about backing up what I was saying last offseason..okay I admit that..but it's obvious to me and the difference this year.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
So we've always had a bad OL for Fiedler & Ricky?

I would have to disagree....we need a better QB.

A good QB makes a defense honest. Which in turn gets them off of the OL trying to stop the run which in turn opens the run.

Sure we need Oline help but it must start with the main position.

Yes, we most definetly need a [lot] better QB, however, it does not start there. The line is the [undebatable] foundation for which you are able to build the rest of the team [QB included] on. W/o decent blocking lines, there would hardly be a qB worth mentioning ever. marino had a good line in front of him and he excelled from it. With an outstanding line, he gets a couple of rings or more. See the biography of one John Elway!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom