Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

kbeath said:
All the QB's looked bad IMO but I cannot understand why people are on the Croyle bandwagon his out pattern was HORRIBLE considerable worse than Jay Cutler. I need alot more from all the QB but I have had enough of the weak armed qbs in Miami. SAY NO TO CROYLE:fire:
Say what you want about Croyle....but weak armed he is not. He can make EVERY NFL throw....thats just a fact. I suggest you read up on him some more.

HEDAZHELAS24 said:
im not trying to hate on any loyal dolfans, but please dont just listen to what mel kiper has to say. I agree he has great knowledge about the senior bowl and about who goes where but i think he is being unfair. shockley looked better during the season, looked better at the senior bowl practice, has better upside, has better size, is more accurate, and is dual threat. croyle is not bad but he does not compare to shock and if we thinking valur pick...croyle in the second or shock in the fourth?? come on even shock in the third would be a better pick

You watch the same Senior Bowl and practice as the rest of us????

vt_dolfan said:
Say what you want about Croyle....but weak armed he is not. He can make EVERY NFL throw....thats just a fact. I suggest you read up on him some more.

:yeahthat:

I saw just a few minutes in a bar. I actually forgot to TiVO it today. I saw that it appeared that each of 'our boys' threw a TD? It was 7 to 7 in the second quarter when I looked up at the TV. The closed-captioning was saying something about Croyle giving away to another QB, but that he'd scored. Did I miss much?

fishypete said:
01/27/2006 - By PR Newswire

-- Twelve future NFL players who represent some of the best in college football will compete in the ninth annual Capital One Presents the College Football All-Star Challenge. This year's event will be televised by ESPN, Saturday, February 4 at 4:00 PM EST. With the move to ESPN the show now expands to an hour and a half...

Over the nine year history of the event, twenty-four competitors have been chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft and 11 have been chosen in the second round. Among last year's competitors were NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Carnell "Cadillac" Williams and Chicago Bears quarterback Kyle Orton. Once again, the Challenge will be taped at Dolphins' Stadium in Miami

"We are excited to have one of the most compelling events of football's biggest weekend on ESPN. This season, we will have another outstanding field of competitors. If it is anything like past competitions, it will serve as an excellent precursor to the NFL Draft," stated Jason Coyle, Intersport Senior Vice President and General Manager, Media.

Texas quarterback and Rose Bowl MVP
[size=-1]Vince Young[/size] and UCLA quarterback [size=-1]Drew Olson[/size] will lead this year's field. Confirmed competitors also include: Alabama quarterback [size=-1]Brodie Croyle[/size], Maryland tight end [size=-1]Vernon Davis[/size], Miami wide receiver [size=-1]Sinorice Moss[/size], Minnesota running back [size=-1]Laurence Maroney[/size], Clemson quarterback [size=-1]Charlie Whitehurst[/size] and Memphis running back [size=-1]DeAngelo Williams[/size]. Moss' brother, Redskins receiver Santana Moss, was a participant in the 2001 College Football All-Star Challenge. It is the first time a sibling of a former competitor has entered the contest.

There will be three divisions of competitors: quarterbacks, receivers/running backs and kickers. The kicking competition is new to this year's event. Stephen Gostkowski of Memphis, Connor Hughes of Virginia, Josh Huston of Ohio State and David Pino of Texas are the inaugural field. Additional competitors will be announced soon

Fishy, no Cutler though?

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Fishy, no Cutler though?

Doesn't really mean anything. Smith wasn't there last year. That was Rodgers biggest success last year as it was for Edwards.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Fishy, no Cutler though?

Doesn't appear that way SR66....althought the list according to them isn't finished. I would think Cutler wouldn't want to miss out....showing off his arm would only help him...especially after the senior bowl.

Jaj said:
Doesn't really mean anything. Smith wasn't there last year. That was Rodgers biggest success last year as it was for Edwards.

Everything has meaning...showing off a strong arm and being accurate...would go along way for any QB.

fishypete said:
Doesn't appear that way SR66....althought the list according to them isn't finished. I would think Cutler wouldn't want to miss out....showing off his arm would only help him...especially after the senior bowl.

Maybe, but if no Cutler, I stand by my statement that the next stop is the Combine to compare Cutler to Broyle head to head.

This should be interesting....cause if no QB steps up to place themselves as a clear #3 draft option, then Leinart and Young could be the only 1st round QB and that would shake up what is available at #16 and would increase the options for a QB in later rounds for us.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

fishypete said:
Everything has meaning...showing off a strong arm and being accurate...would go along way for any QB.

No obviously, but I'm not surprised because he's probably just going to do what Smith did and just workout non-stop to improve. Rodgers last year just blew away Orton, Greene, and especially Jason White :lol:

Jaj said:
No obviously, but I'm not surprised because he's probably just going to do what Smith did and just workout non-stop to improve. Rodgers last year just blew away Orton, Greene, and especially Jason White :lol:

Yea...but this year they have KICKERS also..:D

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Maybe, but if no Cutler, I stand by my statement that the next stop is the Combine to compare Cutler to Broyle head to head.

This should be interesting....cause if no QB steps up to place themselves as a clear #3 draft option, then Leinart and Young could be the only 1st round QB and that would shake up what is available at #16 and would increase the options for a QB in later rounds for us.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Here's a thought for you all to think on...it's being held at Dolphin Stadium...right in front of Saban....now you don't think he'll watching the QB's? Young...Croyle Olson...hmmm!

Back
Top Bottom