merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up

Dredd1050 said:
Chicago could go WR or RB.
they could go Qb, RB, WR, TE, OL... you get my point.

They love Benson, genuinely really covert him.

finsnchips said:
If Gruden wants a QB then it is a good deal for Tampa.

It is a rumor, maybe a Saban-esque smokescreen. I doubt they will draft a Qb in the 1st and its stupid to trade picks to move up. Get a qb in 2nd-4th rounds. Gruden has not had as many picks since coming to Tampa. We got holes to fill, so fillem!

Yet I wont doubt that he is capable of doing that. You never know. :roflmao:

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Yeah, I could go for that. The Bucs have two third round picks, so giving up the second rounder to move up would not hurt too much. They probably need to throw in a fifth rounder also, though I'd settle for a fourth next year.

Anyone have those "value chart" numbers handy? :D

A trade to the fifth pick still means a choice of one of the top three backs, or WR Mike Williams perhaps. Also you save some cap space by not paying for the number two draft pick.

I'd try and get the Vikes to trade up and grab Williams for the number seven pick and their second rounder, they have two first round picks anyway so they can afford to move up also.

That means we get the BPA at the seventh spot, then have TWO second rounders to fill other holes. I'd love to see one of the top three backs fall to the seventh spot, which seems very possible, unless another team trades up to grab one.

#1 Smith to Niners
#2 Rodgers to Bucs
#3 Braylon to Browns
#4 Benson to Bears
#5 Williams to Vikes
#6 Rolle to Titans
#7 Brown/Williams to Fins?

I can dream anyway. :D

Looking Good!

Tampa Bay Wants to Trade Up

Just read the article I don't know How to do the link but if you go to Phins.com, and click Newswire it is there and talks about how Tampa is in position to trade up because they have the numbr 5 overall pick a second and two third round picks and they want one of the two QB'S. I would love it if we could trade down a couple of spots and still get our guy.

Sorry didn't see any tampa talk on the First page must be on page 2 or 3.

So they dont think Sims is going to work as QB? giving up kinda soon arent they?

Dphins said:
Sorry didn't see any tampa talk on the First page must be on page 2 or 3.

It's cool. We've had a couple threads on this over the last two days. Mods, please merge.

So are the Bucs giving up on Simms already?

I personally think all "rumors" or statements coming out of the front office is for the sole purpose of "smokescreen."

tampa bay isnt sold on simms...there was a story a few months back talking about how they dont see simms being what they thought he could have been...so it makes sense that they would want a top notch qb

Didn't they just give Griese a big contract? Come to think of it I wouldn't mind swapping picks with Tampa. We can get a third rounder(maybe Griese too since they won't be able to afford having two expensive QBs). :wink:

Back
Top Bottom