merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up

General Tso

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Bucs trading up for QB?

Looks like there might be an attractive trade down partner if Saban decides to pass on Rodgers/Smith for more pics. Personally I'd stay at #2 and pick Rodgers if he's there, but if not then trading down to #5 would be a great option since we'd still get one of Edwards, Brown, Benson, or Caddy and we'd likely get the Bucs high 2nd rounder (#36) plus another pick later on.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/12/Bucs/Bucs_eye_top_QBs_in_d.shtml

that would be a very attractive trade down... I'd look for us to nab Brown, Caddy or Mike Williams in that situation.

1) SF - Smith
2) TB - Rodgers
3) Cleveland - Edwards
4) Bears - Benson
5) Fins...

Yeah, I could go for that. The Bucs have two third round picks, so giving up the second rounder to move up would not hurt too much. They probably need to throw in a fifth rounder also, though I'd settle for a fourth next year.

Anyone have those "value chart" numbers handy? :D

A trade to the fifth pick still means a choice of one of the top three backs, or WR Mike Williams perhaps. Also you save some cap space by not paying for the number two draft pick.

I'd try and get the Vikes to trade up and grab Williams for the number seven pick and their second rounder, they have two first round picks anyway so they can afford to move up also.

That means we get the BPA at the seventh spot, then have TWO second rounders to fill other holes. I'd love to see one of the top three backs fall to the seventh spot, which seems very possible, unless another team trades up to grab one.

#1 Smith to Niners
#2 Rodgers to Bucs
#3 Braylon to Browns
#4 Benson to Bears
#5 Williams to Vikes
#6 Rolle to Titans
#7 Brown/Williams to Fins?

I can dream anyway. :D

no... the Vikes aren't trading up.

They want Troy Williamson.

If true, we could try and get the Cards to trade up for whichever HB they want at #5, drop to #8 and still get one of the backs or WR Williams. They'd have to really want one guy over the other to trade up though since one should fall to them at #8. The Titans might grab WR Williams at #6 instead of CB Rolle too, since both are big needs for them.

#1 Smith to Niners
#2 Rodgers to Bucs
#3 Braylon to Browns
#4 Benson to Bears
#5 Brown to Cards
#6 Rolle/Williams to Titans
#7 Troy to Vikes
#8 Caddy to Fins?

So many ways this could all go. :confused:

"We wouldn't be here if we weren't players in this," Gruden told Rodgers.

:)

Well, they know we are willing to trade down. And they know that SF is willing to trade down, although I think they want a QB as well, and if Gruden likes both then we have ourselves a deal. Would there 2nd, one third and a couple more late picks do it?

It would be a great trade for us but I don't see why the Bucs would do it. I mean, they have Griese who did well for them last year and has another 5 good years in him. I'm a bit skeptical but it would be a good trade if the rumour is true.

finfan54 said:
Well, they know we are willing to trade down. And they know that SF is willing to trade down, although I think they want a QB as well, and if Gruden likes both then we have ourselves a deal. Would there 2nd, one third and a couple more late picks do it?
tbh, I think their second would do it, in the sense that we get to trade down 3 spots, still get a player that we want and get to pay him less money... would be nice to get another early third as well though.

finsnchips said:
no... the Vikes aren't trading up.

They want Troy Williamson.

aagreed, if they were to it would be for a WR, i dont know where the guy thought that the vikes wanted a RB, the have 3 f them and not to point out the ovious but they did lose moss and the need a ig play WR

In my opinion, we should stay at two, pick Brown and be merry. If we trade down and Brown goes then we'll end up doing something Wannstedt.

I'm not saying Saban is leaning towards Brown, and much to my dismay I don't think he'll pick Ronnie but I do feel that this guy is THE guy for right now in the NFL. He's big, strong, smart, exciting. A player who can make a difference and make that difference fun.

finsnchips said:
tbh, I think their second would do it, in the sense that we get to trade down 3 spots, still get a player that we want and get to pay him less money... would be nice to get another early third as well though.

yeah, I was just rethinking what I said, but I do think that say there second and their 4th would be enough cus they pick early in the rounds. they have two thirds so...Then if we get KC's 46th, then we are in serious business.

our 2nd overall is 2600
their 5th overall is 1700
so a difference of 900.

that 900 is worth:
1.2nd round pick and both their 3rd picks this year.
2.2nd round pick, their 1st 3rd round pick, 4th and 5th.

or they can do a combo of this years and future draft picks.

HysterikiLL said:
In my opinion, we should stay at two, pick Brown and be merry. If we trade down and Brown goes then we'll end up doing something Wannstedt.

I'm not saying Saban is leaning towards Brown, and much to my dismay I don't think he'll pick Ronnie but I do feel that this guy is THE guy for right now in the NFL. He's big, strong, smart, exciting. A player who can make a difference and make that difference fun.

Ronnie Brown is more representative of "Wad Ball" IMO. If we were to move to 5, I would not be surprised to see us drop again but I do not think that would be needed. I think at that spot it is whatever RB is left of Brown and Caddy or maybe Antrelle Rolle. I think Edwards doesnt make it past 3 or 4.

Back
Top Bottom