[MERGED] CB-Joey Thomas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] CB-Joey Thomas

Another Dallas Man huh? Why don't we just trade rosters with them already. (Jokingly) Course these all seem to be the outcast ...

Fodder....

Looks like he COULD compete.. dont know.

Good size, 6-1 190. 3rd rd pick out of Green Bay in 04 so hes still young,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Thomas

edit: eh, after reading this, who knows wat type of player we are getting. Sound like alot of mental errors. Almost beat out Ahmad Carrol which is good news.

Thomas was drafted out of Montana State University in the third round of the 2004 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers. While playing a minor role in the Packers defense in his rookie year, his impressive play in the 2005 minicamps had Thomas in prime position to outseat fellow second year corner Ahmad Carroll for the No. 2 cornerback position. He ended up starting one game in Week 2 for the Packers before being relegated to nickleback, as before.
Thomas' play took a severe downturn after the Packers' 2005 bye week. In Week 7 against the Minnesota Vikings, he allowed Minnesota wide receiver Marcus Robinson out of bounds, stopping the clock on a critical last minute Vikings drive that ended up costing the Packers the game. After embarrassing himself by falling down on a play after committing a critical hands to the face penalty against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 8; Thomas was benched and rookie Mike Hawkins took his place. Thomas was later waived by Green Bay on November 2nd, 2005 He was then picked up by the New Orleans Saints on November 3rd, 2005.

The Dolphins just ordered another stationary bike for the sidelines !!!!

Well, at this time of year, before FA starts, it is protocall to begin to bring in camp fodder and evaluate any potential "cheap" guys for the 3rd string and special teams spots. i actually like the signing. remember, special teams usually needs about 9-10 guys that are fast and big hitters. also, i've heard that teams are as good as their 3rd stringers. and that makes sense. because injuries will happen and a crucial game will call for a 3rd stringer to step up.

i hate to say it, but the saints had a better record than us the past two years

I hate to say it, but you should really pay attention to the NFL before you post

the Saints have had really crappy CB's for a while now

sorry Mrs. Thomas

Let The Low-Profile Signing Comense

They signed Joey Thomas.....Low-Profile.....

Get used too it,we're probably going to be the next Giants or Saints,or even Packers...wouldnt mind that at all

plus, if u r familiar with these low profile guys, you know something about them... maybe hard workers??? bring em in and see how they'll pan out. see if they can work themselves in

on the bright side, it is easy to upgrade the talent when you are 1-15

on the long road to contending, we will need to be scavengers for a while

Some of the best guys we can get as Free Agents are players we might not have ever heard of.

If you go to all the NFL sites about every team you see the same 8-10 big named free agents being talked about. To me the prime players to go after are the young guys coming off their first contract. They might not be starters now but then most players do not start in their rookie years.

A good example is Isaac Sopoaga.

http://www.nfl.com/players/isaacsopoaga/profile?id=SOP474619

He is one of the strongest men in the NFL and is not a starter but he will be one one day as a nose tackle. He could be teamed up with Paul Soliai to lock down the middle.

I btway do not think we need anyone on the DL. Paul Soliai was called a "perfect fit for the nose tackle position in the Dolphin's hybrid 3-4 defense". The problem was we did not play a 3-4.

Rod Wright and V Holiday can lock down the DE spots with Matt Roth working in. I think our weak spot is linebackers. And in the secondary.

Some of the best guys we can get as Free Agents are players we might not have ever heard of.

If you go to all the NFL sites about every team you see the same 8-10 big named free agents being talked about. To me the prime players to go after are the young guys coming off their first contract. They might not be starters now but then most players do not start in their rookie years.

A good example is Isaac Sopoaga.

http://www.nfl.com/players/isaacsopoaga/profile?id=SOP474619

He is one of the strongest men in the NFL and is not a starter but he will be one one day as a nose tackle. He could be teamed up with Paul Soliai to lock down the middle.

I btway do not think we need anyone on the DL. Paul Soliai was called a "perfect fit for the nose tackle position in the Dolphin's hybrid 3-4 defense". The problem was we did not play a 3-4.

Rod Wright and V Holiday can lock down the DE spots with Matt Roth working in. I think our weak spot is linebackers. And in the secondary.

Without a doubt, if we go 3-4 then we will struggle at LB as you say. Whatever D we go with we will struggle at the secondary position. Sopaga would be a good acquisition IMO

Back
Top Bottom