[MERGED] CB-Joey Thomas | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] CB-Joey Thomas

sounds like a pretty good pickup. By the lloks of the scouting report these are the kind of guys we are looking to pick up. Guys with a real passion for the game.

That could be a problem.

how is that a problem? he was brought in to work with the staff the team. he needs to proove himself, he needs to work himself in, he needs to show what he can do. this signing isn't saying he gonna start for us or anything like that. everyone's making this waaaaaay to huge... not sure if because there isn't anything else really to discuss or what. He's getting a chance to come in and start playing NFL Football again, lets see what he does with it.

keep adding young guys with some possible upside, if you sign enough you will find one diamond in the rough that costs the phins nothing

[FONT=verdana, geneva][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For what it's worth : [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]6-1, 195:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Lean, but well-muscled athlete with a good bubble, slender hips, long arms and legs, split high and showing good muscle definition in the arms and calves ... Stays close to receivers, especially vs. double moves, locking on to his assignment and refusing to allow any cushion ... Shows a strong hand punch in press coverage ... Smooth and quick in his backpedal, showing above-average hip flexibility to transition fast with no wasted motion ... Plants and drives to break up slants ... Has the speed to cover, track and jump to make plays on the ball in the air downfield ... Has the sudden acceleration needed to recover when beaten or when pursuing plays across the field ... Tracks and locates the ball well, timing his jumps with good body control and will not hesitate to compete for the pigskin in a crowd ... Very aggressive in run support, avoiding the trash well by using his hands to defeat cut blocks ... Physical tackler who will face up and explode into the opponent upon contact ... Takes well to hard coaching and is willing to help out the less-experienced teammates after practice ... Fiercely competitive with a passion for the game, excelling when facing top-level competition." [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]AGILITY TESTS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]4.4 in the 40-yard dash ... 1.43 10-yard dash ... 355-pound bench press ... 425-pound back squat ... 370-pound front squat ... 264-push jerk ... 291-pound power clean ... 381/2-inch vertical jump ... 10-foot-2 broad jump ... 3.93 20-yard shuttle ... 31 7/8-inch arm length ... 9 1/8-inch hands ... Right-handed. [/FONT][/FONT]
after reading this report they make seem like hes a pro bowler ..th8is is why i never like to read these

Great, another injury prone player to fill a spot on I.R. every year. We need HEALTHY guys we can count on. We already have Joe "tin foil" Toledo and several others who are chronically injured

"holy" Toledo. Is he EVER going to make this squad?

I still go by Joey. Joey Porter and Joey Harrington does as well. I don't know where you people get that someones name changes with age but call the real men by their given name. Most of us hate for people to shorten our names anyway. If someone calls me Joe I ignore them. I guess the people that shorten peoples names are embarressed by their own names and live out their issues by doing so.

Physical tackler who will face up and explode into the opponent upon contact ..

Most of you missed the most important piece in the write up about Joey Thomas. Our present group of DBs is the worst tackling bunch I've seen since Madison and Surtain.

Most of you missed the most important piece in the write up about Joey Thomas. Our present group of DBs is the worst tackling bunch I've seen since Madison and Surtain.

IM not sure what Surtain you were watching but the one I was watching, who played for the Miami Dolphins from 1998 - 2004 was one of the best tacklers on the team.. Madison, one of the worst

I still go by Joey. Joey Porter and Joey Harrington does as well. I don't know where you people get that someones name changes with age but call the real men by their given name. Most of us hate for people to shorten our names anyway. If someone calls me Joe I ignore them. I guess the people that shorten peoples names are embarressed by their own names and live out their issues by doing so.

Curious... is it Joseph or Joey on your birth certificate??

Great, another injury prone player to fill a spot on I.R. every year. We need HEALTHY guys we can count on. We already have Joe "tin foil" Toledo and several others who are chronically injured
didnt we cut toledo?

Back
Top Bottom