Merged: Chad Greenway | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Greenway

SpeedRush99 said:
Yes, there are a few threads on that topic. :goof: Worst officiated game I've seen in a long time.

:sidelol: I mean really though... this is rediculous! :sidelol:

SpeedRush99 said:
I like him, he'd be a solid pick in the 3rd, maybe 4th, if we don't take a LB sooner. I really liked what I saw from Abdul Hodge today as well.

tru... I havent seen alot of him yet, but I plan on scouting him as well... how many tackles did he end with?

Nasty said:
tru... I havent seen alot of him yet, but I plan on scouting him as well... how many tackles did he end with?

Not sure exactly, it was in the teens though.

Nasty said:
:sidelol: I mean really though... this is rediculous! :sidelol:

Wait til the end. Florida had a few go against them too but yeah some of those calls on Iowa were BS.

Greenway would be a great pick at 16. I'm waiting to see if a big time OLB like Carpenter though might be available in the 3rd round. If he is he's our starting SLB right there on the spot.

Jaj said:
Greenway would be a great pick at 16.

Alot of people having been saying that, But I just don't see the value. He was a complete non factor in their bowl game today, unless you count his offsides on the kick at the end. :goof:

You can't judged all he's accomplished just like that...

I know for a fact Nick will take the talent when it's available. I hope to see more steals this year.

SpeedRush99 said:
Yes, there are a few threads on that topic. :goof: Worst officiated game I've seen in a long time.

2nd worst

The worst was a few days ago

Michigan vs Nebraska

It looked like the refs were watching a totally differnt game

Although this ranks a very close #2 and Iowa should have won really

Alex22 said:
Although this ranks a very close #2 and Iowa should have won really

Now I was the first to say the refs were terrible, but that right there is what I have a problem with. To say the refs cost them the game or they "should" have won is BS. They looked like a high school team out there in the first half yet people wanna say that that one play at the end cost them the game. BS! They wouldn't have been in that postion if they had played better to begin with, plain and simple. They got outplayed in the first half and outplayed Florida in the second half, but don't tell me that call cost them the game or the "should" have won.

Jaj said:
You can't judged all he's accomplished just like that...

I know for a fact Nick will take the talent when it's available. I hope to see more steals this year.

I'm not judging him on one game, obviously. I just think there are better options IMO.

SpeedRush99 said:
I'm not judging him on one game, obviously. I just think there are better options IMO.

I agree with your assessment about Hodge and Greenway in the Outback Bowl. Hodge just flat out had a better game. But, the reason he did was because UF is such a spread-out wide open offense under Meyer and that's not really Greenway's style even though he's pretty gifted in coverage. What Greenway showed is that he has to add a few tricks to his game if he wants to earn a nickel LB spot in this defense (as in he and Zach are the duo linebackers in the nickel package). He could obviously nail down the starting strong side spot, the question would then be how long until he's a player you can keep in on 3rd downs.

But Greenway is a huge man, a gifted athlete with incredible intensity and attitude, and he's got a very good nose for the ball going against more traditional offenses. He would be a no-brainer at #16, a stalwart on Saban's defense for many years.

Nonetheless, I think the Iowa-FL game and the Bama-TxTech game showed that if the Dolphins had a choice between Demeco Ryans and Chad Greenway, they'd damn well better consider taking Demeco over Chad despite size differences. Ryans had a similar task against TxTech, which is to say he was facing a spread offense that is not favorable toward linebackers. Against the spread usually if the D is going to take over it has to be led by the DL and the DBs. But Ryans positively impacted the game anyway by putting pressure on Cody Hodges in blitz, being a very good spy on the surprisingly fast Hodges when he scrambles, and in coverage. Ryans was a big reason why Bama held TxTech the way they did. I feel like Ryans is a guy that could nail down the starting strong side spot as a rookie, also be a nickel LB, and when Zach eventually leaves or retires, and Channing moves to middle, Demeco could move to the weak side...then we'd have to get another strong side guy.

ckparrothead said:
I agree with your assessment about Hodge and Greenway in the Outback Bowl. Hodge just flat out had a better game. But, the reason he did was because UF is such a spread-out wide open offense under Meyer and that's not really Greenway's style even though he's pretty gifted in coverage. What Greenway showed is that he has to add a few tricks to his game if he wants to earn a nickel LB spot in this defense (as in he and Zach are the duo linebackers in the nickel package). He could obviously nail down the starting strong side spot, the question would then be how long until he's a player you can keep in on 3rd downs.

But Greenway is a huge man, a gifted athlete with incredible intensity and attitude, and he's got a very good nose for the ball going against more traditional offenses. He would be a no-brainer at #16, a stalwart on Saban's defense for many years.

Nonetheless, I think the Iowa-FL game and the Bama-TxTech game showed that if the Dolphins had a choice between Demeco Ryans and Chad Greenway, they'd damn well better consider taking Demeco over Chad despite size differences. Ryans had a similar task against TxTech, which is to say he was facing a spread offense that is not favorable toward linebackers. Against the spread usually if the D is going to take over it has to be led by the DL and the DBs. But Ryans positively impacted the game anyway by putting pressure on Cody Hodges in blitz, being a very good spy on the surprisingly fast Hodges when he scrambles, and in coverage. Ryans was a big reason why Bama held TxTech the way they did. I feel like Ryans is a guy that could nail down the starting strong side spot as a rookie, also be a nickel LB, and when Zach eventually leaves or retires, and Channing moves to middle, Demeco could move to the weak side...then we'd have to get another strong side guy.

Which is way easier than getting a WLB. Anyway if we sign Peterson this could be irrelevant as we won't look to LB in the first two rounds.

Back
Top Bottom