Merged: Chesters Injury - How much will it hurt? / Chester Needs Surgery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chesters Injury - How much will it hurt? / Chester Needs Surgery

XoPhinsoX

No More Injuries, Please ;).
Reaction score
Chesters Injury - How much will it hurt?

Apparently he has TWO stingers? I guess he's willing to play the rest of the season without surgery, but when your arm goes numb and tingles I think that can't be good :(

I'm starting to become a big fan of Chesters cause of his drive and his locker room quotes :D

This is actually something I can speak from experience. Through out my entire highschool football and wrestling career I had this problem. I was stupid so I decieded to not get it checked out by a doctor. For me it would happen at least once per game, less in wrestling. I would feel this weird crunch in my shoulder and this HUGE shot of pain would go down my arm and it would go limp. For a play or two I wouldn't have much strength in my arm, however after that I would be fine for the rest of the game. The only thing it really affected was my ability to throw the football, however I really didn't need to throw the football as a defensive lineman.

So if his injury was like mine, I think he will be fine. He will just have to have a high pain threshhold.

Chester impresses me. I'm glad we got rid of Gardener for him. He might not have the raw talent, but Chester has heart and fire. He'll go out there and fight when he's hurt.

zgonina is a better player overall.

X-JT X-LC X-TB X-AO

with this combo you have solid run stoppers. BUT don't we have ZT, JS, MG, SK?

X-JT X-JZ X-TB-AO

zgonina can stop the run because he has a never die attitude. PLUS he is a great pass rusher which miami can use more of.

this can take double teams away from Taylor on passing plays!

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Chester impresses me. I'm glad we got rid of Gardener for him. He might not have the raw talent, but Chester has heart and fire. He'll go out there and fight when he's hurt.

I think we got Chester to rotate with Bowens and Gardener.

Then Gardener displayed his ability to fuq up again. :rolleyes:

We got him to start. Gardener was going to be opposite Taylor. Then Ogunleye started to show early how good he could play(as did David Bowens but got injured). Plus Gardener's attitude and he was gone.

Look's like he will play through it.:( Hope he does not really hurt himself.

Phinstd. Phinstd. Phinstd.

Chester is a tough mofo. In his time here, I think he has done a good job. I am happy we have him instead of Gardener.

Chester plays the run better than Zgonina. He's physically and functionally stronger. But they both chase plays down the field. Zgonina is the better rusher. Chester will play on. He's a tough mofo. He toughed out that leg pain last year and played well.

Gardener was forced outside. Word was that if Mixon was re-signed, Daryl was gone anyway. Isn't it amazing how much better we got at stopping the run when we replaced Gardener with Chester?? JT and Wally also improved the run defense with their play. But that interior got tougher to run on.

Gardener was a great player but we don't miss him. We miss his pass rush, but like everyone pointed out Chester his a monster against the run. In this system that's what we need.

Fortunately for us we have Zgonina now to back them.

Back
Top Bottom