[MERGED] Chris Palmer out of contention for OC position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Chris Palmer out of contention for OC position

lbmclean_sj

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
the OC Mystery Continues

any suggestions for an OC candidate?

I wonder if Zampese would take the job

There have also been suggestions Sparano is waiting until after the Super Bowl to hire Giants quarterback coach Chris Palmer, who was something of a mentor for Sparano years ago. But ESPN.com NFL reporter Len Pasquarelli, a friend who has outstanding sources on all things NFL, tells me Palmer will not be headed to Miami.

I've not been able to figure out why Palmer would not be the guy -- considering he's done well in similar positions in the past and has a good history with Sparano -- but he is apparently out of contention for the job.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/01/what-ever-happened-to-new-offensive.html

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli told the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero that Giants quarterback coach Chris Palmer won't end up in Miami.

The Dolphins still haven't hired an offensive coordinator, and it was thought that Tony Sparano was waiting to speak with Palmer, who is considered one of Sparano's mentors. It's unclear exactly why he is out of contention for the job, but Hue Jackson and Dan Henning remain the top candidates.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=MIA

Yes, Dave Wannstedt. He is truly the answer we have been looking for.

WTF? If he's not in the mix of things then who are our other guys? We need a damn OC guys.

Don't know that it matters too much. I recall Sparano saying that he'd call the offense if he had to, which made me think that the offense we'll be running is the one Dallas ran last year or the one he called the year before last. So whoever the OC ends up being, the offense itself is probably here already. Just need someone to get familiar with it and direct it.

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't mind Mike Shula. I believe the offense he ran at Alabama was basically was one he learned from Norv Turner, so essentially he could be our version of Jason Garrett.

Hey what about Cam cameron?

Wait a sec..........

It will be interesting to see what happens. It almost has to be Palmer because the other two guys could have been hired a long time ago. Len P. has seemed to tick people off recently and wondering he is starting to have his sources mess with him a bit. He was recently interviewed and just went off on the guy and really came off a bit of an ego manic and quite the prick.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out. Would love Palmer to be the guy now just to see Len spin this some way to save his rep.

Or our QB coach David Lee could up being OC, remember he ran an extremely high powered offense at Arkansas. He made the wild hog formation

Back
Top Bottom