MERGED: College Football Legend Joe Paterno dies at 85 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: College Football Legend Joe Paterno dies at 85

Only thing keeping him alive was working at Penn State. He has accomplished more in his life time than I could in 5 life times. Quite the man and sucks it ended the way it did. Wish him and his family the best.

If he didn't turn his head to a serial rapist I might care! This guy put a football program before child welfare and safety. Karma is a tireless hunter Joe Pa!

The thing that he didn't do trumps anything he accomplished in his life...

They ended his football life now he ends his life. All the best to Joe and his Family.

I do not wish bad things to happen to anyone. But I refuse to feel remorse for a man that turned his head to the things that happened while he was at Penn State.

It is amazing how some coaches that coach a lifetime, pass away so quickly after leaving the game.

There is a special place in hell for child rapists and anybody who knows about it taking place and does nothing to help. If he cared for the those kids as much as he did his precious football program, he could have saved some kids from the horror they faced, and will for rest of their life.

It is amazing how some coaches that coach a lifetime, pass away so quickly after leaving the game.

Take someone's passion away from them and they will just be ready to go....it happens in football and in other jobs. Do you remember Andy Rooney from 60 minutes...he was there for like 100 yrs. When he retired, he died within the year.

Many of the comments here are completely out of order. As has become clearer in recent weeks, Paterno did not get a graphic description of what happened and correctly reported what he did know to his superiors. His recent comment that he did not follow up because he was worried that he would be seen to be interfering on behalf of Sandusky rings true. Can you imagine the fuss if it became clear that Paterno DID follow up with his superiors and nothing was done - he would have been accused of using undue influence to hush the whole thing up. In fact, I think that reporting the matter to very senior personnel and then refusing to get involved in judging a situation where he had an obvious conflict of interest (e.g. his longterm relationship with Sandusky) was a perfectly reasonable approach.

Paterno and his family will be in my thoughts. And I can assure you that he will be remembered just as much for his great achievements than a difficult situation which is very easy to second guess with the benefit of hindsight.

you can hate the fact that he made a huge mistake by not doing more to stop Sandusky, but this is truly a sad day. JoePa was a great man for a majority of his life. I will not excuse him for not doing more, but I will honor a guy who did so much for MY community

It's really not IMO.

When JoePa was fired I gave him six months. He's essentially grieved himself to death. Granted, his health wasn't great to begin with, but Penn State football was keeping him alive. It's all he had to live for and as long as he had that he could keep his spirits up.

This situation is really no different than a married old couple. Research shows that once one dies for whatever causes, the other typically only lasts three years. My Grandparents are 70+ and have been married since they were 19. Lived in the same house all of these years. Not going to be surprised at all that when one dies the other will soon pass as well. People really struggle when they lose what they love more than anything.

And this is very sad for Paterno and Penn State, but head coach of Penn State football or not, Joe wasn't going to live too many more years. Sad news for Penn State and all of college football. Tough to watch his career end the way that it did.

Back
Top Bottom