[MERGED] Compensatory Picks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Compensatory Picks

I have been following AdamJT13's work in past years, and this guy knows his stuff when it comes to predicting the picks. In fact, I have been checking that forum for the last two weeks waiting for him to post this information. Now it is not ever 100% right, but he is usually VERY close. For example, he may predict a team gets a third round pick, when in reality they end up with a fourth round pick, or vice versa. Based on his predictions, it is probably 90% certain we get that 6th and 7th round pick. In fact, I can tell you that the 7th round pick is 100% certain.

Last time we had compensatory picks was during the 2003 draft. In fact, we had four compensatory picks that year. Three of those picks turned into players who amounted to nothing, the other one was Yeremiah Bell.

your right dude is on the money

WWW.Footballsfuture.com has us getting a 6 and 7th round comp pick. I seen someone asking the other day and thought I would pass it on. Remember it is just projected.

hey there,

i'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question to a lot of you guys here, but being in only my sixth (or so) year in closely following football - and being able to do so only from germany - i have never heard of the term "compensation pick" - so what is that? :o) do teams get them if their picks from last year don't play a certain amount of games or something like that? :)

thanks! go fins! :up:

hey there,

i'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question to a lot of you guys here, but being in only my sixth (or so) year in closely following football - and being able to do so only from germany - i have never heard of the term "compensation pick" - so what is that? :o) do teams get them if their picks from last year don't play a certain amount of games or something like that? :)

thanks! go fins! :up:

Its all good brother...

It has to do with Free Agents that are signed... vs. Free Agents that are lost...

Basically, you get compensated some draft picks if you lose more quality FA's than you gain in the previous offseason...

So basically... if we lose some good players to Free Agency in this offseason, and we dont really sign any good players in Free Agency this offseason... then next year we will be rewarded some draft picks as compensation for our player losses this offseason...

Here are the gains and losses that he is using to project our comp picks

MIAMI
Lost – Damien McIntosh, David Bowens, Sammy Morris, Jeff Zgonina.
Signed – Jay Feely, David Martin, Chris Liewinski.

He left out Porter. Wouldnt he count towards the "signed"?
CK was right as always. when I originaly posted this I said thye could break stuff down better than anyone and forgot to mention our own ckparrothead was right up there with them. My apologies ck. But if you would come out and play with us non-vip people your legacy and knowledge would be usefull to everyone. LOL. Seriously though ck is one of many reasons people should join the VIP. BTW adam said the same thing our draft guru already said so Joey don't count.:up:

Last time we had compensatory picks was during the 2003 draft. In fact, we had four compensatory picks that year. Three of those picks turned into players who amounted to nothing, the other one was Yeremiah Bell.
Wasn't Manny Wright our last comp pick?

Back
Top Bottom