MERGED: could finley be our answer at te. findley to be cut or traded befor march 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: could finley be our answer at te. findley to be cut or traded befor march 15

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
MERGED: could finley be our answer at te. finley to be cut or traded befor march 15

A year ago, the Packers and Jermichael Finley were posturing for a tussle regarding whether the looming decision to use the franchise tag would result in compensation paid to a tight end or a receiver. Now, the team is making plans for a divorce.
Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers have decided to part ways with Finley after the season.
He could be cut, he could be traded. A $3 million roster bonus comes due on the 15th day of the new league year, which begins in March. Since trades can’t happen until the first day of the new league year, the Packers will have a two-week window for finding a trade partner.
Though it could be hard to get someone to trade for the one-year, $7 million remaining on the contract that the parties signed in February, the Packers possibly will be able to ship Finley to a team that would then sign him to a long-term deal.
Either way, Finley soon won’t have to worry about his lack of chemistry with quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
per pft

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope that we do not trade for this guy. Im not against bringing him in, but it needs to be a very team friendly deal and no picks given up for him.

i dont want to trade for him ether, hopefully he will be cut and then we can pick him up. or philbin can use his connections to get a reggie bush type trade out of the pack

Finley has a lot of "potential"...but that is about it. His actual "production" is lacking to say the least. I certainly doubt he is worth what would be asked or the price tag...

This is intriguing...... But, I would only pick him up if he is cut. There is no way we trade any of our picks we have a boat load of them and we need them in the draft.

Finley has a lot of "potential"...but that is about it. His actual "production" is lacking to say the least. I certainly doubt he is worth what would be asked or the price tag...

:goodpost:

Good player would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform.

for sure an upgrade but for the right price.would prob negate us using a draft pick on a TE this year.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! He's just another self-centered headcase/cancer(like Marshall).We don't need to go poking around more reclamation projects.

alot of people wanted to get rid of Marshall bit now we want to bring this guy in? No thanks. He is a true cancer and isnt even that good.

i'd venture a guess that we will see just how high coach philbin is on jermichael finley, just as we saw how high he was on matt flynn..

If he ends up in miami via a trade, we will know that philbin probably wanted him pretty badly, otherwise he will see the same fate flynn had as far as not becoming a dolphin.

when it comes to this team there are no answers, just more & more questions year after year after year… this year… same. starting to side with the "owner is the problem" crowd

He's the most inconsistent player on the Packers offense. He's overpaid, overrated and a loud mouthed jerk. He drops a ton of passes and then blames it all in Rodgers. He has no accountability whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom