Merged: "Cowher to Dolphins not entirely improbable" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Cowher to Dolphins not entirely improbable"

Bill Cower?

I think this would be a great coach for us guys.. Bill has a ring and can easily turn us around into the winning spirt. But i doubt it will happen though, but if it does guys were in business.. Just look what he (and some help) did to big ben im sure he can do that to daunte too

But IMO he is on the top of my List

1. Bill Cower (mushmouth)
2. Pete Caroll
3. Cam Cameran
4. Ron Rivera
5. Dom Capers ( i know it sounds silly, but he got his bad rep from houston)

What do you guys think?

Thoughts?:confused:

The general consensus seems to be that Cowher is going to get away from football for a couple of years and relax. While he would certainly be a candidate if he was available, it would be surprising if he retired from coaching the Steelers and went to another team. I can see why he would merit consideration if he simply wanted to change team but it seems unlikely to be the case.

it would be surprising if he retired from coaching the Steelers and went to another team.

Not really.

You'd be surprised how much MONEY, like the kind that Wayne can throw at you, can recharge anyone's batteries.

It's not like the Steelers will just say after a few years if things are going pretty good for them,"OK Bill, we'll fire this guy and put you back."

Odds are, they'll stick with whom they have and that'll mean he'll either stay retired or move to another team.

I think this would be a great coach for us guys.. Bill has a ring and can easily turn us around into the winning spirt. But i doubt it will happen though, but if it does guys were in business.. Just look what he (and some help) did to big ben im sure he can do that to daunte too

But IMO he is on the top of my List

1. Bill Cower (mushmouth)
2. Pete Caroll
3. Cam Cameran
4. Ron Rivera
5. Dom Capers ( i know it sounds silly, but he got his bad rep from houston)

What do you guys think?

Thoughts?:confused:

its really really reaallllyy distasteful to have that avatar of javon walker. In fact, im gonna go ahead and say right now you should take that down, or the admins should make you.

Thats just wrong man...

Retired for how long? This is a business and it's all about the cold hard cash. Offer him enough money and he'll come. These coaches are all about the money and their ego. Stroke him and he'll come. As for draft picks, hey you never know, maybe money and a couple of low picks will be all it cost the fins.

Yep, that sure worked with Johnson. It worked wonders convincing Saban to come here, too.

No thanks.

If Cowher wants to come here that would be great. But I think we need to get a coach who wants to come here for more than money. Seriously, people need to get over Cowher, the mans burned out and wants to spend time with his family now.

We need to look at current NFL coordinators. No retreads and no Cowher. BTW, what is the fascination with Pete Carroll? He sucked in the NFL, it would be like bringing back Saban. As soon as the going go rough Pete would bolt back to college. He never showed anything that would warrent him being a good coach. And being a great college coach is absolutely ZERO indication of a chance of NFL success.

well as my co-worker pointed out, Cowher wanted to get a new deal when he had 2 years left. The Rooneys told him they would talk when he had one year left. Now that he has 1 year left, Cowher didn't want to talk. It might just be ego at this point, maybe that fact that he's been making less than Holmgren is eating at him, especially after beating him in SuperBowl XL.

I would say, with all the media buzz around Pittsburgh (which I can confirm, because I live near Philadelphia, and I have a news station from Pittsburgh), that Cowher's chance of coming here is relativly high. IMO, it's about a 50/50 shot, but I will not give my hopes up. If tomorrow, I wake up, and at 1:00 pm EST I find out that Bill Cowher is the new HC of the Miami Dolphins, I will literally s**t myself! You never know. Even so, if he did buy a home in North Carolina, is is nearer to Miami than it is to Pittsburgh. I have high hopes of this happening.

Cowher

The general consensus seems to be that Cowher is going to get away from football for a couple of years and relax. While he would certainly be a candidate if he was available, it would be surprising if he retired from coaching the Steelers and went to another team. I can see why he would merit consideration if he simply wanted to change team but it seems unlikely to be the case.

This stuff about Cowher being burned out is all speculation. His agent has already said that he is amicable to coaching another team if the price is right. The retirement talk is a bargaining ploy. Cowher will be coaching the Browns in 2008 if we don't sign him. Brownies will keep Crennel for this very reason. Cowher is worth every penny and anyone who says differently has been in coma for the last decade and a half. No coach has done more with less at quarterback, and no coach has done more with the sort of yearly free agent defections that are the norm in Pittsburgh. For a guy that was burned out, he did a damn good job with a team whose franchise quarterback nearly killed himself in a motorcycle accident, then hospitalized himself with appendicitis.

I would love to have Cowher, or and NFL assistant... not big on another college coach though

Back
Top Bottom