Merged: "Cowher to Dolphins not entirely improbable" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Cowher to Dolphins not entirely improbable"

Cowher is one of the greatest coaches in the league, and has great loyality as shown with coaching the Steelers for 15 years and not quitting until winning a tittle. However I think he wants to take at least a year off. I'll take Cowher or Whisenhunt anyday.

This stuff about Cowher being burned out is all speculation. His agent has already said that he is amicable to coaching another team if the price is right. The retirement talk is a bargaining ploy. Cowher will be coaching the Browns in 2008 if we don't sign him. Brownies will keep Crennel for this very reason. Cowher is worth every penny and anyone who says differently has been in coma for the last decade and a half. No coach has done more with less at quarterback, and no coach has done more with the sort of yearly free agent defections that are the norm in Pittsburgh. For a guy that was burned out, he did a damn good job with a team whose franchise quarterback nearly killed himself in a motorcycle accident, then hospitalized himself with appendicitis.

Cowher is a good coach to be sure, but the whole "for the right price" things scares me. Just seems like hes now looking for a paycheck. Hes proved himself, has a ring, all that jazz. There is nothing for him to accomplish. I dont want someone to comehere simply because the price is right. I want someone to come here because they see Miami as their job, because they want to make a name, get a career and some rings. Not because we throw a pile of money at them.

You can buy a person, but you cant buy his fire or enthusiasm.

Here's what rotoworld says:

"ESPN's John Clayton reports Bill Cowher will resign Friday.

Clayton believes Cowher will take a year or two off to "recharge" and reenter the coaching ranks before the end of the decade. We should get official word on his exact decision Friday, but media outlets in Pittsburgh are already speculating where Cowher might turn up next."

So he is resigning or retiring? If he is resigning then we can negotiate his contract. If he retires we'd have to wait a year. Correct me if Im wrong Please.

Yeah, apparently Cowher is RESIGNING. The Steelers still hold his 'rights' since he is technically under contract for another year. The Phins would have to work out compensation, similar to when Herman Edwards left the Jets to go to KC, or when Bellichek left the Jets to go to the Patriots. I for one would absolutely think that Cowher is worth a first round pick. I have even read an article that floated the idea of swapping first round picks in the 2007 draft. Cowher is a winner, plain and simple. He never wore out his welcome in Pittsburgh, his players loved him, he made the playoffs 10 times 14 years (including 6 AFC championship games and 2 Super Bowls). In addition, he succeeded even though the Rooney family refused to spend money to keep their best players. The Dolphins need this guy.

Question...why does anyone think Cam Cameron is going to succeed in Miami? Last time I checked, we do not have LT, Antonio Gates, Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers, or a stud offensive line in Miami.

cowher is the best fit right now, it may change, but his staff is here, you have money, he can see his kids because wayne would let him be away in the offseason, god he probably give him his plane, he is 48 years old, which is very young, and we have a GM

Quite simply, Cowher is not worth forfeiting the draft pick. If he's free and ready to kick ***, fine. If not, hire Rivera or somebody who is free. It's just that simple.

Cowher will be fine

Cowher is a good coach to be sure, but the whole "for the right price" things scares me. Just seems like hes now looking for a paycheck. Hes proved himself, has a ring, all that jazz. There is nothing for him to accomplish. I dont want someone to comehere simply because the price is right. I want someone to come here because they see Miami as their job, because they want to make a name, get a career and some rings. Not because we throw a pile of money at them.

You can buy a person, but you cant buy his fire or enthusiasm.

I have a hard time believing that Bill Cowher would just be mailing it in for the paycheck. We're talking about one of the most competitive people to ever walk on a sideline. A proven commodity that knows the 3-4 defense, has fielded consistently great offensive lines with power running games, and has some familiarity with our players, mainly from coaching them in so many Pro Bowls. I just don't know where this burn out stuff comes from, he certainly didn't coach like a burnout this season, considering the competitiveness of the AFC North, and the AFC in general, with the problems they had with Roethlisberger and losing Randle El, Bettis and Chris Hope, which really hurt the Steelers in pass defense, 8-8 was rather remarkable.

The names that are being thrown around: Cameron, Whisenhut (we can probably remove his name from consideration because he will take over if Cowher is leaving) Rivera, Turner, and the retreads too awful to mention have serious question marks about their abilities to even be coaches. Enthusiasm is great. Rod Marinelli had great enthusiasm, and he looked lost on the sideline. Do we really want Rivera's Cover Two defense in Miami? It doesn't work against elite teams, and never has with the exception of that Super Bowl run by the Bucs. Turner's offense couldn't run the ball well, and their scoring propensity had more to do with playing the second, or third worst schedule in the league then it did with any genius of the system. Cameron was a disaster as a head coach at Indiana, and can you name a single Charger wide receiver other then Keenan McCardell who is a hundred years old. Cowher is by far the best choice of this list. It's not even close. The guy is one of the greatest coaches of his generation. There shouldn't be a question about this move. If Huizenga wants him, he gets him.

Bill Cowher?

Anyone think he might come down to South Beach..?

Not This Season......I believe he's gonna take at least a season off........if not he's done forever cause he announced his retirement

BTW......you need to change ur signature LoL

Back
Top Bottom