[MERGED] Crowders Car Found Abandoned After Crash / Issued Citations | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Crowders Car Found Abandoned After Crash / Issued Citations

Honestly, this isnt THAT big of a deal.

He was driving drunk... welcome to the real world... it happens. Plenty of people on this site have got DUIs. Is it acceptable, no. But it happens.

I'm almost positive that Crowder has a license for his gun. I thought I remembered reading an article of how he owned a gun and had a concealed weapons license for it.

He was smart, and fled the scene since it was just a single car crash. Briggs did this and didnt get in any trouble as far as I remember.

Cutting Crowder over this would be stupid. I cant remember him getting in any trouble over the past 3 years he has been on this team. And the only trouble he got into at UF was a bar fight... nothing serious.

We need young talented players, and cutting Crowder would work against that... especially when what he did wasnt that big of a deal...

what in the hell are you guys talking about? this is one player we cant afford to lose that we dont even know if he did anything wrong yet. and no, he never had any problems at UF - just catching wild hogs in the off season. i love how everyone rushes to judgement when noone even knows the story yet. we need this guy. lets all hope he picked up a hooker, found out it was a dude, then ran off in the woods crying and full of shame thinking about the giant adams apple that he shouldve noticed. word up.
:err:

He was driving drunk... welcome to the real world... it happens. Plenty of people on this site have got DUIs. Is it acceptable, no. But it happens.

I'm almost positive that Crowder has a license for his gun. I thought I remembered reading an article of how he owned a gun and had a concealed weapons license for it.

He was smart, and fled the scene since it was just a single car crash. Briggs did this and didnt get in any trouble as far as I remember.

Cutting Crowder over this would be stupid. I cant remember him getting in any trouble over the past 3 years he has been on this team. And the only trouble he got into at UF was a bar fight... nothing serious.

We need young talented players, and cutting Crowder would work against that... especially when what he did wasnt that big of a deal...

oh yeah the bar fight. totally forgot about that - and i was even at UF at that time. poking smot kills brain cells.

i believe that i read the same article, that he had a license for a gun. so its no biggie really. he didnt get caught for a DUI or anything, so basically he got off the hook unless he doesnt have a permit for the heater.

what in the hell are you guys talking about? this is one player we cant afford to lose that we dont even know if he did anything wrong yet. and no, he never had any problems at UF - just catching wild hogs in the off season. i love how everyone rushes to judgement when noone even knows the story yet. we need this guy. lets all hope he picked up a hooker, found out it was a dude, then ran off in the woods crying and full of shame thinking about the giant adams apple that he shouldve noticed. word up.

Innocent people don't just leave wrecked cars. Something is up and I don't think it's in his favor. Suggesting he's a John? How the hell is that any better if he pulled a Hugh Grant?

I do hope Crowder is safe I would never wish him harm

BUT......

As a football player the guy is mediocre folks. He is just not a very good linebacker and apparently from the report although probably too early to tell the guy just doesn't seem to be very smart. The whole thing stinks of drunk driving with a firearm in the vehicle.

If this proves to be true it is just one more reason I want him off this football team.

Never have liked his play. He is too slow, takes bad angles and chases plays.

BUT......

As a football player the guy is mediocre folks. He is just not a very good linebacker and apparently from the report although probably too early to tell the guy just doesn't seem to be very smart. The whole thing stinks of drunk driving with a firearm in the vehicle.

If this proves to be true it is just one more reason I want him off this football team.

EXACTLY!!! THANK YOU FOR BEING A VOICE OF REASON

As far as I know, Channing Crowder has the same 2nd Amendment rights as any other American.

I don't live in Florida, but in my state it's perfectly legal to transport firearms in your vehicle... provided your not driving around with it loaded (and if he has a concealed carry permit - it's perfectly legal to transport it loaded or not). When you take into account the recent tragedy of Sean Taylor, and add in the 1000's of times a lot of these players are threatened - hit up for money - stalked - etc... (for no other reason than they are rich and famous) I find it more than understandable that Crowder (and any other NFL player for that matter) might want to exercise those 2nd Amendment rights to protect himself.

Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, and it's stupid... so there's plenty of room for criticizing Channing, without injecting childish left-wing prejudices and fear of inanimate objects into the discussion.

I seriously doubt he has one

Innocent people don't just leave wrecked cars. Something is up and I don't think it's in his favor. Suggesting he's a John? How the hell is that any better if he pulled a Hugh Grant?

it was a joke brosuf - and a pretty funny one if i have to say so myself. the only way he goes down - no pun intended - for this is if he has no license for the gun. remember - we need this guy.

EXACTLY!!! THANK YOU FOR BEING A VOICE OF REASON

you guys are crazy. the only thing i dont like about him is when he blitzes, he lets running blocks dominate him when they are blocking him. he doesnt blitz real good. besides that - money.

Can we ever go 1 freaking off-season without someone getting into trouble???!!!! I say we make an example of Crowder and send him packing if it comes out he was drunk or had an illegal weapon.

Technically its not the offseason yet, so were still in good shape :unsure:

BUT......

I think he is a lot better than you think he is. This season was rough for everyone... especially considering that he had to change positions half way through the season.

But even if he is a marginal player like you think... why in the world would we cut him? Worst case scenerio... he is GREAT depth. Its not like he has a big contract, we are paying him chump change with a 3rd round contract. He is young, and knows the system.

We need YOUTH on this team... and especially the defense. Cutting him would completely be counter productive.

it was a joke brosuf - and a pretty funny one if i have to say so myself. the only way he goes down - no pun intended - for this is if he has no license for the gun. remember - we need this guy.

Right now we might not need him, we're rebuilding and he's getting negative press. It got Fred Evans gone by nice guy Cameron, what's gonna happen with the no nonsense Parcells Mafia?

Crowder = Slow to diagnose plays, makes no big plays that change games, poor blitzer, can't get off blocks very well, makes too many tackles downfield instead of near the LOS. He can easily be replaced. He's been nothing but a disappointment since coming to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom