Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
X-FACTOR said:
Wow!!! Are we talking about the same Culpepper in Minni or my neighbor down the street. Gus over Culpepper. :shakeno:
If he had been our QB last year I think we win at least one more game and a shot at the playoffs.
If we could pose this question to the 32 NFL GM's I wonder who would be chosen the majority of the time.
Heck if members of FINheaven got together for a friendly game of two-hand touch with gus and Culpepper available as QB's who do you think would be the first person selected by their perspective captains.

culpepper would ask for 10000 bucks to play while gus would just play.

guess the majority of us would go with gus cause we probably can't afford "i want more money pepper".

death7star said:
culpepper would ask for 10000 bucks to play while gus would just play.

guess the majority of us would go with gus cause we probably can't afford "i want more money pepper".

Which is why Gus is going to be cut because he refuses to accept a smaller contract. :rolleyes2 BTW, Gus is due to make more than twice as much as Culpepper next year.

When healthy Brees is easily the choice as he is not a complete choker like Culpepepr and he'll cost alot less but w/ the shoulder issue it may be a risk to sign Brees though i think I'd still take a risk on Brees befroe giving money to the most overrated player in the game.

phinphan11 said:
How's he gonna pass any physical when he can hardly walk?

Hmm... I had not heard that about Culpepper... but not being a Vikes fan, I don't follow his situation very closely. Would you happen to have any source(s) for any info on the status of his injury and rehab?

Vikings Irate Over Culpepper's Actions!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5395848

Apparently the Vikes are pissed at Culpepper and the fact that he's been so public about his gripes. I really do wonder how fed up with him they are and how badly they want to get rid of him. The article says they will accept less than a 1st rounder (they better). I say a 2nd is too much, he just had MAJOR knee surgery. I'm thinking the best way to get him would be a conditional pick, next year.

P.S. one positive thing if we could get culpepper is that he has no agent, so we should be able to take advantage of that. :tongue:

phinphan11 said:

He's walking fine, with only a slight limp. I saw him firsthand. The weekend before last I saw him up close. He coaches his son's 11-12 yo YMCA basketball team here in Orlando and they were playing my son's team.
I spoke to him briefly after the game.

NJPHIN34 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5395848

Apparently the Vikes are pissed at Culpepper and the fact that he's been so public about his gripes. I really do wonder how fed up with him they are and how badly they want to get rid of him. The article says they will accept less than a 1st rounder (they better). I say a 2nd is too much, he just had MAJOR knee surgery. I'm thinking the best way to get him would be a conditional pick, next year.

P.S. one positive thing if we could get culpepper is that he has no agent, so we should be able to take advantage of that. :tongue:

Daunte listen, you QB for us for a few years and we just may let you meet Dan Marino and get an autograph! Whattya say Daunte boy?

phinphan11 said:

He's reportedly rehabbing "freakishly" and is already doing footwork drills.

i dont think trying to take advantage of him not having an agent is a good idea. suppose he heals up real nicely and has a good season. he'd want a new contract the following year anyways, and if we didnt give it to him, it'd turn into a fiasco about him not wanting to stay here because we wont compensate him.

DoctorFeelgood said:
Hmm... I had not heard that about Culpepper... but not being a Vikes fan, I don't follow his situation very closely. Would you happen to have any source(s) for any info on the status of his injury and rehab?

My response was a little exagerated but the message was there.... however I did read this recently:

http://www.footballdiehards.com/headlines/news_story.cfm?ID=5028

"And while it's easy to assume the team's positive report is an attempt to reassure those who might be interested in trading for him, sources close to Culpepper have told NFL Network insider Adam Schefter the veteran signal caller is going to be completely recovered from his knee injury and that he continues to rehab with "freakish" intensity. According to Schefter, Culpepper appears obsessed to return to the form he had in 2004, not 2005, and is doing what he can during his workouts to ensure this. He already is doing footwork drills on land." - Written By Bob Harris | Football Diehards | Posted 08-Mar-06 @ 12:35 PM P

That being said I don't see him passing to many rigid physicals in the very near future.

Mort just reported that Culpepper will be traded within the next 24 hours...to either the Raiders or the Dolphins. Specifically that it would happen before the FA period begins.

Hope he's right...I'm ready for some actual player activity; and Culpepper just needs to be out of Minny. That's a terrible situation brewing.

Back
Top Bottom