Merged: Darnell Bing | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Darnell Bing

FinaticPatch said:
Cutler will be gone in the first and Quinn isnt coming out and if he did would probably be a top 10-15 selection. Niether Cutler nor Quiin would fall to the 2nd let alone halfway down the 2nd.
Exactly. And you could argue that Quinn could go ahead of Leinart if a team wanted to take a chance.

oldfinfan said:
How do you have the Dolphins picking 16th...there were 15 teams with a worse record and 3 with the same 9-7 record, one of them San Diego...if head-to-head is the first tie breaker, then the Fins would pick 17th, but, it would depend on the tie breaker with Dallas and Minn.

Does anybody know what the tie breakers are ??

The Miami Dolphins had the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL this year. The NFL draft order goes by record and when teams have the same record it goes by strength of schedule. Of all the teams tied with Miami at 9-7, Miami had the easiest schedule (opponents combined win/loss record).

Miami picks 16th in the 2006 NFL draft.

If Miami lost, Miami would of picked 15th (tied with Atlanta), but going down 1 pick is well worth the win in Foxboro

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
The Miami Dolphins had the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL this year. The NFL draft order goes by record and when teams have the same record it goes by strength of schedule. Of all the teams tied with Miami at 9-7, Miami had the easiest schedule (opponents combined win/loss record).

If Miami lost, Miami would of picked 15th (tied with Atlanta), but going down 1 pick is well worth the win in Foxboro

Thank you!

RUDEbyallMEANS said:

We do pick 16th in the 1st round, but alternate with other 9-7 teams each and every other round (just like last year where we pick 2nd and Cleveland 3rd, but in the 2nd round they picked 2nd and we picked 3rd, alternated again in the 3rd, etc...)

Miami, SD, Dallas, and Minn will all be rotating at 9-7...would quess that means by the 5th round we get back to having the 16th (but we used that on Wright).

Dolphins_SR66 said:
We do pick 16th in the 1st round, but alternate with other 9-7 teams each and every other round (just like last year where we pick 2nd and Cleveland 3rd, but in the 2nd round they picked 2nd and we picked 3rd, alternated again in the 3rd, etc...)

Miami, SD, Dallas, and Minn will all be rotating at 9-7...would quess that means by the 5th round we get back to having the 16th (but we used that on Wright).

Thanks to you too !!

So, here is my prediction...

OL in 1st round - The kid from LSU
QB in 2nd round - Whitehurst ??
DL in 3rd round - Atkins from Miami if he comes out

They will sign a CB, LB and vet QB (McNair is my guess) as free agents.

I could agree that Fins will not draft a QB in rd 1

But until Quinn or Cutler break their legs, rob an old lady or burn the US flag they will not be there when the Fins draft in rd 2. No way.

FinaticPatch said:
Cutler will be gone in the first and Quinn isnt coming out and if he did would probably be a top 10-15 selection. Niether Cutler nor Quiin would fall to the 2nd let alone halfway down the 2nd.

If Quinn delared(won't) he would be a top 5 pick.

kingfin said:
Saban will not take a QB with the 16th pick.I told you all last year that Kyle Ortan will slip to the 4th round.I got chewed up for that one but i was right.I think Saban might see what im seeing.Right now Matt lineart and reggie get all the talks about.They got a strong safty named Darnell Bing.This kid can flat out play.Watch the game this week.this is how i see it. 16th pick Dolphins select Darnell Bing SS USC.Second round pick we will take Brady Quinn or Jay Cutler.One of them will be there.Like i said you Heard it here 1st

Kingfin,

I must admit I'm a little surprised at this post....you should KNOW that:

1. Quinn is NOT going to declare.
2. Cutler will NOT last into the 2nd round unless he has a disasterous Senior Bowl...which isn't likely.

If Quinn declares himself elgible for the draft, which is still a possiblity, he would be an easy top 15 to top 10 pick. Cutler would be more towards the end of the first more to the beginning of the second. With the quality of players available on defense will push Cutlers stock down. Quinn is our best option if we draft a QB in the first round, otherwise we need to draft defense.

For me its just way to early to speculate. I will wait for all the underclassman to declare to figure out who the players are, and the final bowl games and Senior Bowl & Combines to take place before I jump to conclusions on what our options are.

Right now, I think its all hype pushing Cutler into the middle first.....he is a mid 30th overall talent in reality. And thats not bad since alot of folks compare him to Favre, and Farve went 2nd round 33rd overall.

kingfin said:
Saban will not take a QB with the 16th pick.I told you all last year that Kyle Ortan will slip to the 4th round.I got chewed up for that one but i was right.I think Saban might see what im seeing.Right now Matt lineart and reggie get all the talks about.They got a strong safty named Darnell Bing.This kid can flat out play.Watch the game this week.this is how i see it. 16th pick Dolphins select Darnell Bing SS USC.Second round pick we will take Brady Quinn or Jay Cutler.One of them will be there.Like i said you Heard it here 1st

16th pick bing at safety? i would take huff if a safety is the pick which i doubt.

quinn or cutler in the 2nd round? quinn if he declares is the best QB in the draft and there is no way that he would drop to round 2, cutler probably doesn't drop to 2nd either.

orton dropped to round 4 last year, i actually thought he would drop to round 5-7 because of his arm strength. i know that the bears won even though he was the worst rated QB in the league, but he will be out of the league within 3 years.

Do people here think that QB is the only position that a player can bust? Why would we not take a Qb in Rd1 if one is there? Scared he might not work out? A defensive player can blow just as easy as a QB...

phinfan2003 said:
I could believe that you predicted Orton wouldn't be drafted in the top 3 rounds. Then again, I didn't see many mock drafts that had him in the top 3 in the first place. Quinn will stay another year and as far as Cutler is concerned, I don't think he falls out of the 1st round.

as far as orton you are right, it wasn't that he dropped to the 4th, he was picked ahead of where he was supposed to by going in the 4th round. mcpherson was rated higher by everyone and didn't go until round 5

oldfinfan said:
Thanks to you too !!

So, here is my prediction...

OL in 1st round - The kid from LSU
QB in 2nd round - Whitehurst ??
DL in 3rd round - Atkins from Miami if he comes out

They will sign a CB, LB and vet QB (McNair is my guess) as free agents.

If we take a Qb in the second round, I think we should take Croyle instead of Whitehurst.

Back
Top Bottom