Merged: Darnell Bing | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Darnell Bing

I'd be fine with a safety at 16.

kingfin said:
Saban will not take a QB with the 16th pick.I told you all last year that Kyle Ortan will slip to the 4th round.I got chewed up for that one but i was right.I think Saban might see what im seeing.Right now Matt lineart and reggie get all the talks about.They got a strong safty named Darnell Bing.This kid can flat out play.Watch the game this week.this is how i see it. 16th pick Dolphins select Darnell Bing SS USC.Second round pick we will take Brady Quinn or Jay Cutler.One of them will be there.Like i said you Heard it here 1st

:rolleyes2

aerokev said:
16th pick bing at safety? i would take huff if a safety is the pick which i doubt.

quinn or cutler in the 2nd round? quinn if he declares is the best QB in the draft and there is no way that he would drop to round 2, cutler probably doesn't drop to 2nd either.

orton dropped to round 4 last year, i actually thought he would drop to round 5-7 because of his arm strength. i know that the bears won even though he was the worst rated QB in the league, but he will be out of the league within 3 years.

Why not a safety, or a CB...Sean Taylor was the 5th pick last year, and there were 3 DB's picked before the 16th pick in the '03 draft....there are several great DB's this year, including Huff and Bing...the kid from Clemson, Tye Hall, is supposed to also be great. Plus, Jimmy Williams is rated very high. But, Saban will pick the best athlete, regardless of need. Based on the fact that 3 of his biggest needs (aside QB) are DB, DL and OL, there is plenty of talent in the draft to still pick the best available player and fill a need.

oldfinfan said:
Why not a safety, or a CB...Sean Taylor was the 5th pick last year, and there were 3 DB's picked before the 16th pick in the '03 draft....there are several great DB's this year, including Huff and Bing...the kid from Clemson, Tye Hall, is supposed to also be great. Plus, Jimmy Williams is rated very high. But, Saban will pick the best athlete, regardless of need. Based on the fact that 3 of his biggest needs (aside QB) are DB, DL and OL, there is plenty of talent in the draft to still pick the best available player and fill a need.

my quote was not the safety at pick 16, which i would be fine with, it was pointing out that huff would be the pick not bing even though both should be available.

aerokev said:
my quote was not the safety at pick 16, which i would be fine with, it was pointing out that huff would be the pick not bing even though both should be available.

I thought you meant a DB would not be a good pick with 16th ("if a safety is the pick which i doubt").

In any event, even if none of the elite QB's are available with 16th, there is plenty of talent in our other areas of needs to make a sound selection.

My prediction still is an OL...the stud from LSU would be my pick. He manhandled the Hurricanes in the Peach Bowl.

FinSinceBirth said:
If we take a Qb in the second round, I think we should take Croyle instead of Whitehurst.

Whitehurst is bigger and more polished in my opinion...plus you can't knock the bloodline (his dad, although not great, played in the NFL).

Regardless...a QB in the 2nd round is the way to go.

tylerdolphin said:
Do people here think that QB is the only position that a player can bust? Why would we not take a Qb in Rd1 if one is there? Scared he might not work out? A defensive player can blow just as easy as a QB...

I think only the thread starter mentioned skipping a QB in the first round. The rest of us are saying a QB worth the #16 overall pick won't be there to pick, therefore we go in another direction and pick a QB in the 2nd round.

IF we don't take Cutler in the first, he won't last past Dallas. So if we want him, it's gotta be with the 16th.

Hellion said:
I think only the thread starter mentioned skipping a QB in the first round. The rest of us are saying a QB worth the #16 overall pick won't be there to pick, therefore we go in another direction and pick a QB in the 2nd round.

totally agree, and i'll go one further: qb's like croyle and whitehurst aren't worth a second round pick either, so we should keep looking. yes, i'll be happy with whatever coach saban decides, and this is just my opinion, but i just don't see croyle being the starter, even in three years. imo, i'd take cutler if he's there at 16; if he isn't, then i wouldn't think qb until rounds 3+, if at all.

Caps said:
IF we don't take Cutler in the first, he won't last past Dallas. So if we want him, it's gotta be with the 16th.

I agree, BUT will he be there? And plus I'm sure it will all depend on combine results and hype and all the things that go into promoting a player once an agent is hired.

Hellion said:
I agree, BUT will he be there? And plus I'm sure it will all depend on combine results and hype and all the things that go into promoting a player once an agent is hired.

The Saints, Arizona, Tennesse and Detroit are the only teams that are picking ahead of us that really need a QB. The Saints will get Leinart. Tennesse is picking at #3 I beleive, which is way too high for Cutler, no matter how good he does in the senior bowl and combine. Detroit has too much money tied up with Joey Harrington, even if they cut him, to pick another top 10 QB. Arizona is the only team we really have to worry about getting Cutler before us IMO. If Vince Young comes out, they probably take him there and we take Cutler if we want him.

I still think Miami needs possibly one more Offensive lineman, possibly a tackle, so when would/or should they get them in?

Back
Top Bottom