Merged:Dave Wannstedt Statement About Fiedler/Conversation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Dave Wannstedt Statement About Fiedler/Conversation

Originally posted by Unconquered
The problem is Jay might be good enough to start over Touchy and we are back to the same stuff...again. The best thing is for him to GET OUT OF MIAMI so there is no chance of him playing for us ever ever again.

So how would that be bad thing if he proves to be better QB?I guess we're better off with someone who couldn't beat out Fiedler.

:lol:

Originally posted by Unconquered
The problem is Jay might be good enough to start over Touchy and we are back to the same stuff...again. The best thing is for him to GET OUT OF MIAMI so there is no chance of him playing for us ever ever again.
that is what people said when we got Lucas and when we got Griese... be careful what u wish 4

Originally posted by minus

What wrong with competition?

A.J Feeley is better than Fiedler right?Isn't that what most anti Jay think.

nothing wrong with competition. I'm anti-Jay cus he had 4 yrs & he failed. I can't say AJ is better than JF cus he hasnt had the chance to prove himself yet.

I would rather give BG & Sage a chance than JF. call me BG bias if u want but I dont think 4 games is enough to prove you are not fit for our system. Ray Lucas was here longer than BG. if BG still the same after given another chance then so be, he gots to go to if he costing us a lot of $$$.

i believe everyone deserves a chance, JF & RL had their chances, time to let AJ, BG & Sage have theirs.

So how would that be bad thing if he proves to be better QB?I guess we're better off with someone who couldn't beat out Fiedler.

:lol:

beat JF? lol. BG came in not knowing the system & no training camp. is that fair to the guy? that is just like me hiring you for a job that you have no training on then fire you cus you sucked at it.

Nothing is wrong with competition IF the 'winner' is head and shoulders above the one whom competing with. However, in this league that is rarely the case. So then the decision on who wins is usually a 'feeling' of the management... THUS Wanny is a fiedler lover, so it would be quite obvious on who would 'win'.

SO I do not want him here any more.

Minus, you're twisting what most people are saying again into "Nonsense Jay Bashing" mode when it isn't.

How can anyone know he's better than Jay?
There are a few posts but no one that is a regular poster on here that gives good posts is saying he's better than Jay.
What everyone is saying is that we know what Jay gives us, that it's not enough and it's time to step up and try to improve the QB position. That is the stab the FO has taken with Feeley. Will Feeley be better in the end? Yet to be seen.

Jay was a Backup QB given a shot at becoming a good starting QB. IMO he failed. It's time to bet on another backup QB coming in betting that he can become the high caliber starter that they wanted Jay to become.

Will Feeley be better? That has yet to be seen and is unknown.
What IS known after 4 years is that Jay will not grow into a good starting QB. Cut losses and look elsewhere. If the new kid comes in plays avg, has a mid 70's QB rating and just keeps his TD to INT's even it's the same we would have had out of Jay. At least we took a chance at change and getting better.
Not that big a risk IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dave Wannstedt Statement About Fiedler

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
"I’m glad Jay and I had a chance to talk today, and it was a very positive and productive meeting. I told him I knew how much he has meant to our team, and I emphasized I want him back this year.

“I also indicated to him that we’re always looking to improve our depth at every position, and that all of our personnel decisions are based strictly on how they help make us stronger. Jay is supportive of our efforts to bring in as many good players as we can, and as someone who has met challenges successfully throughout his career, he understands that competition can only make us a better football team.â€Â

Too bad Wanny can't coach as well as he can bullsh*t.

Conversation

Miami Dolphins Head Coach Dave Wannstedt issued the following statement following his meeting with quarterback Jay Fiedler:

"I'm glad Jay and I had a chance to talk today, and it was a very positive and productive meeting. I told him I knew how much he has meant to our team, and I emphasized I want him back this year.

"I also indicated to him that we're always looking to improve our depth at every position, and that all of our personnel decisions are based strictly on how they help make us stronger. Jay is supportive of our efforts to bring in as many good players as we can, and as someone who has met challenges successfully throughout his career, he understands that competition can only make us a better football team."

I'm curious to find out who all these teams that want Fiedler are..

NJfan- Where did you read that? Here's the one I read in the Boston Globe:

Miami Dolphins Head Coach Dave Wannstedt issued the following statement following his meeting with quarterback Jay Fiedler:

"I'm glad Jay and I had a chance to talk today, and it was a very positive and productive meeting. I told him I knew how much he has screwed this team, and I emphasized I want his a** out of town as soon as possible.

"I also indicated to him that we're always looking to improve our performance at quarterback, and that all of our personnel decisions are based strictly on how bad he sucked the past couple of years . Jay is supportive of our efforts to bring in another back-up up quarterback, and as someone who has met challenges unsuccessfully throughout his career, he understands that he was given a gift as the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins."

Good one

Originally posted by PatsFanTX
NJfan- Where did you read that? Here's the one I read in the Boston Globe:

"I'm glad Jay and I had a chance to talk today, and it was a very positive and productive meeting. I told him I knew how much he has screwed this team, and I emphasized I want his a** out of town as soon as possible.

"I also indicated to him that we're always looking to improve our performance at quarterback, and that all of our personnel decisions are based strictly on how bad he sucked the past couple of years . Jay is supportive of our efforts to bring in another back-up up quarterback, and as someone who has met challenges unsuccessfully throughout his career, he understands that he was given a gift as the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins."

:egads:

I'm glad Jay and I had a chance to talk today, and it was a very positive and productive meeting. I told him I knew how much he has meant to our team, and I emphasized I want him back this year.

Wanny loves Jay... of course he wants him back... To bad it's not up to Wanny

Originally posted by Mindwarp

Does it make you feel better knowing Wanny and Speilman are very good friends?

Originally posted by Mindwarp

Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce
Does it make you feel better knowing Wanny and Speilman are very good friends?

but you forget that everytime RS made a good pick, Wanny override him & u know the result of those dumb picks by Wanny. i highly doubt RS is going to let Wanny make the decisions anymore.

Lets clear one thing up, BRIAN GRIESE DID NOT HAVE 4 GAMES TO PROVE HIMSELF, QUIT SAYING THAT BS! He had 4 games with us, 4 years in Denver. Yes there is an adjustment period, but he should not suk that bad if he is a savy veteran. Hell Jay played better than him his first season as a starter and didnt have Rickey Williams. BYE Bye Brian, off to run your foundation, which is one thing I do admire about him.

Back
Top Bottom