Merged: David Carr | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
Our QB next year will be...David Carr

After tonight’s performance, Vince Young has vaulted to the top of the NFL draft if he comes out.

The team holding the top pick is the Houston Texans, which does not have an offensive line that can protect a pocket passer like Carr.

Vince Young is from Houston.

Once all of that clicks in Vince’s head, he will declare for the draft, Houston will decide not to pick up the option bonus on Carr’s contract and let him become an unrestricted free agent, and the Texans take Vince Young #1.

That leaves David Carr to us.

All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Why do you people do this? If Young comes out. If Houston gets a QB. If they release Carr. If we don't draft a QB. Honestly. Whats the point of this

NaboCane said:
All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

They have you working tonight..:lol:

That would be nice if we get Carr but lets hold off on the ifs and this and that until we see some reports or things start to happen!

Hmmm...Linehan is interviewing for the job, he had Culpepper in Minny. Now has a chance to get Young if he comes out. Nice having you for 1 year Scott.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Once all of that clicks in Vince’s head, he will declare for the draft, Houston will decide not to pick up the option bonus on Carr’s contract and let him become an unrestricted free agent, and the Texans take Vince Young #1.

:sidelol:

Vince Young over Reggie Bush, you had me thinking you were serious there for a second. Good one

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Vince Young over Reggie Bush, you had me thinking you were serious there for a second. Good one

I am not sure what game you just watched but Reggie Bush looked like White's backup. Bush didnt have the power running game, which you need in the nfl to be a successfull running back, to run against a college team. While Young just put together one of the greatest games ever. Sure bush had a great year but has now played against one good defense and looked as if he was the backup running back. While Young has played two good defenses and looked as the mvp of both games.

like the thought of that, but damn, vince young is the man, not to much a fan of his non shalant attitude, but awesome to watch him play, i'd take him in a heartbeat if i were houston

It's completely possible. I can't see why not considering that Texas COULD stand to go without a new RB.

Houston TEXANS

Is there any better indication that they're thinking about it. If Vick was drafted #1 overall and only completed in his low 50s in accuracy rating, I'm sure Vince can go higher. I mean comon this is ridiculous, this hate fest of Vince is pissing me off.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
After tonight’s performance, Vince Young has vaulted to the top of the NFL draft if he comes out.

The team holding the top pick is the Houston Texans, which does not have an offensive line that can protect a pocket passer like Carr.

Vince Young is from Houston.

That leaves David Carr to us.

Great point!

ABrownLamp said:
Why do you people do this? If Young comes out. If Houston gets a QB. If they release Carr. If we don't draft a QB. Honestly. Whats the point of this

uh... thats what message boards are for.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

If the Texans pass on Vince Young after last night's game, there will be riots in the Third and Fifth Wards. Literally. Vince Young is now a football god in Houston.

Reggie Bush's success was largely a function of that awesome USC offensive line. Houston's is even worse than ours was last year. Instead of being able to accelerate and make his cuts 10 yards downfield, he would have to do that one step after receiving the handoff. Bush is a terrible fit for the Texans and he cannot possibly live up to his Heisman hype there. Young's improvisation ability is a much better fit.

I hope we get Carr, he would be the answer to our problems and since we don't have a chance at Young I want Carr who could start right away

Back
Top Bottom