Merged: David Carr | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

It makse a lot of sense to me. I wouldn't wanna see ricky go but if it's for our franchise quarterback i really have no choice.

Roman529 said:
I am pretty sure the Texans owner has already told Bush he will be the top pick....I don't see the Texans taking Vince Young over Bush. I think Carr could be a decent QB if they had an O-line. I don't see Carr coming to the Phins though. I think Saban will see if he can get Cutler, if not, then I think he will try to sign a FA QB......possibly Simms, rather than an older QB like Kitna or Warner.

Don't put any stock in anything a team has told an upcomming draftee. These things change all the time. The Texans are under no obligation to select Bush if someone else will generate better value to the team. If Ricky came to Houston, it would be foolish to select Bush. Getting Ricky gives them a chance to pass on Bush and pick up Vince Young. A mobile QB with a franchise RB (which Ricky still is skill-wise) will take tons of pressure off of their OL. Furthermore, a local favorite like Young will drive ticket sales and keep the team solvent. Ricky comes at a very insignificant price tag, making it an even better deal for Houston.

I would be surprised if Houston isn't just hoping for Saban to make an offer....perhaps he already has...

To have an ideia about the texans fan base reaction

There was a Poll 2 weeks ago or so, at the houstontexans.com asking who was the best player in the draft. The results:

Vince Young 69%
Reggie Bush 30%
Matt Leinart 1%

Getting to former Longhorns would be a coup for Houston in terms of marketting..

Young and Ricky, thats alot of Texas Hype! I think there is a good possibility of this happening.

Back
Top Bottom