Merged: David Carr | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Question: Why would you listen to your Defensive Coordinator about his opinion of a QB to run your Offensive Coordinator's offense???

plus Carr is not going anywhere this year, the value of his contract makes him "untradeable".

Don't you know? We're going to trade for Carr-----and move him to Free Safety.

NaboCane said:
Don't you know? We're going to trade for Carr-----and move him to Free Safety.
Why not... Wanny would:goof:

tmny99 said:
Not to mention that his new coach, Gary Kubiak believes that Carr can flourish in his new system along with Reggie Bush and Andre Johnson. Read this on ESPN Insider.
I'd take this with a grain of salt. He might just be trying to jack up the price of a trade for the #1 pick or Carr (or both).

SabanEra84 said:
I won't believe the david carr bit until it is offered
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Why it will be Carr...

The rumors today of Saban talking to Guss have given creedence to the speculation of Miami grabbing a veteran QB. With so many names being thrown around, I want to make a case for why I believe Carr will be the one we go after. I believe we will offer Ricky to Houston in some type of package deal. Think about this for a moment, and you can easily see how this will be a win-win situation.

Houston knows their OL needs serious work...far more than they can accomplish in one, or maybe even two offseasons. Keeping Carr will just continue to be a huge cap burden with no return or payoff, as he will never succeed there until the line is fixed. A trade with Miami that brings Ricky in completely changes the equation. Houston will already have a proven top ten RB (at minimum wage) that will help with cohesion on the line. This will also allow them to pass on Bush to bring in local favorite Vince Young. Vince Young will allow for some success before the line is completely shored up. Success is necessary in Houston, because the honeymoon is over. They will have to have at least a .500 season soon, or they will start losing their fan base and significant chunks of revenue.

In Miami, the need for a capable, young QB hasn't been addressed since Marino. The NFL places stronger emphasis on the QB position than ever before, and offenses need a consistant QB to advance past Wild Card weekend. Saban desperately wants a QB who is youthful and has lots of upside, but he is afraid of an unproven entity out of the draft (he mentioned this last year before the draft). Carr, Rivers, Schaub, and Brees are the only QB's available that meet this criteria. Of these, one has a significant injury. Rivers and Schaub are still somewhat unproven, and both Mora and Marty have stated that they will retain them. That leaves Carr. Throw in the addition of Capers to the coaching staff, and the argument weights even more in Carr's favor.

Now before everyone cries about the release of Ricky and tells us how bad Miami is getting shafted, consider the state of this team. Miami needs a QB, some OL, DL, and some secondary help. We have a star at the beginning of his career in the backfield already. If trading Ricky allows us to pick up a stud OL, or trade down for Crowder-like values on the lines and secondary, then it is a great deal for us. Splitting carries between Ronnie and Ricky hasn't allowed either of them to reach their full potential.

Going after Carr just makes sense.

volk said:
The rumors today of Saban talking to Guss have given creedence to the speculation of Miami grabbing a veteran QB. With so many names being thrown around, I want to make a case for why I believe Carr will be the one we go after. I believe we will offer Ricky to Houston in some type of package deal. Think about this for a moment, and you can easily see how this will be a win-win situation.

Houston knows their OL needs serious work...far more than they can accomplish in one, or maybe even two offseasons. Keeping Carr will just continue to be a huge cap burden with no return or payoff, as he will never succeed there until the line is fixed. A trade with Miami that brings Ricky in completely changes the equation. Houston will already have a proven top ten RB (at minimum wage) that will help with cohesion on the line. This will also allow them to pass on Bush to bring in local favorite Vince Young. Vince Young will allow for some success before the line is completely shored up. Success is necessary in Houston, because the honeymoon is over. They will have to have at least a .500 season soon, or they will start losing their fan base and significant chunks of revenue.

In Miami, the need for a capable, young QB hasn't been addressed since Marino. The NFL places stronger emphasis on the QB position than ever before, and offenses need a consistant QB to advance past Wild Card weekend. Saban desperately wants a QB who is youthful and has lots of upside, but he is afraid of an unproven entity out of the draft (he mentioned this last year before the draft). Carr, Rivers, Schaub, and Brees are the only QB's available that meet this criteria. Of these, one has a significant injury. Rivers and Schaub are still somewhat unproven, and both Mora and Marty have stated that they will retain them. That leaves Carr. Throw in the addition of Capers to the coaching staff, and the argument weights even more in Carr's favor.

Now before everyone cries about the release of Ricky and tells us how bad Miami is getting shafted, consider the state of this team. Miami needs a QB, some OL, DL, and some secondary help. We have a star at the beginning of his career in the backfield already. If trading Ricky allows us to pick up a stud OL, or trade down for Crowder-like values on the lines and secondary, then it is a great deal for us. Splitting carries between Ronnie and Ricky hasn't allowed either of them to reach their full potential.

Going after Carr just makes sense.

i think it would be a draft pick before it would be ricky.

Very good write up.

It could very well happen and I really wouldnt have a problem with it. I admire Carr's toughness and think he has much more upside than bad and I think he also has a lot of potential to do big things down here.

We'll see...

In Saban We Trust

Exactly what I am thinking. Your write up was very good, let us all hope that it is true. Since the first time I saw Carr play, I was in love with his arm strength. I think he can succedd with our now proven Oline.

Finch83 said:
Very good write up.

It could very well happen and I really wouldnt have a problem with it. I admire Carr's toughness and think he has much more upside than bad and I think he also has a lot of potential to do big things down here.

We'll see...

In Saban We Trust

We (fans) need a QB we can rally around (CARR). I'm a proponent, that thinks the QB is the true leader on the field. Carr would file that void. Also I haven't bought a dolphins jersey since taylor, and have been waiting till the phins get an elite qb to buy one. (I'm crazy like that:rolleyes:)

I am pretty sure the Texans owner has already told Bush he will be the top pick....I don't see the Texans taking Vince Young over Bush. I think Carr could be a decent QB if they had an O-line. I don't see Carr coming to the Phins though. I think Saban will see if he can get Cutler, if not, then I think he will try to sign a FA QB......possibly Simms, rather than an older QB like Kitna or Warner.

I wouldn't mind seeing Carr in Miami I really just hope it's the line that's making Carr look bad, and not Carr making Carr look bad. But that's what the coaches are for.

Im all for aquiring Carr..

But wasnt there a thread recently that made the point that getting Carr was near impossible because his contract was in a word..non tradeable?

Roman529 said:
I am pretty sure the Texans owner has already told Bush he will be the top pick....I don't see the Texans taking Vince Young over Bush. I think Carr could be a decent QB if they had an O-line. I don't see Carr coming to the Phins though. I think Saban will see if he can get Cutler, if not, then I think he will try to sign a FA QB......possibly Simms, rather than an older QB like Kitna or Warner.

Simms? Isn't he staying put in Tampa Bay?

Back
Top Bottom