Merged: Deflategate report | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Deflategate report

Hes definitely a crap human being. Lies and cheats his ass off. Should be king arrogant

Goodell needs to go.

Regardless of the outcome of this. He's tarnished the game

I wouldn't blame Goodell at this point not for this issue at least. Let's wait to see what he does. But if you talk about Goodell in other respects. He needs to go yes

About the veredict on the report, I found this interesting in Colts forum:
"As a law student and an employee of a county prosecutor, this language mirrors that of probable cause. Were it a criminal proceeding, this language, if spoken by a prosecutor in a criminal proceeding, would mean that they believe there is at least enough evidence to charge a person of a crime."

Probably is definitely not definitive and that is an issue. I think there will be some punishment handed down but nothing here proves anything even close to beyond a doubt.
It does show that Brady likes the balls at the minimum level of the rules. The NFL no matter what needs to actually have better control and maintenance of the footballs. Teams should never be allowed to use the actual game balls except in game.

And this isn't a court of law, so it doesn't matter.

I haven't heard any of the million TV talking heads who played for the Patriots over the years chime on this. Has anyone else?

I haven't heard any of the million TV talking heads who played for the Patriots over the years chime on this. Has anyone else?

No and idc to. They always defend the Patriots.

Shocker. So what happens now? Nothing, is my guess.

As little as possible. The 32 year equipment guy gets an awesome retirement package for taking the lifetime ban without giving up brady, bellycheat or anyone else, brady gets a fine, because that'll make a difference, plus maybe a few games off, bellycheat and kraft skate which means the franchise as a whole takes no hit other than maybe another cosmetic fine.

The report doesn't even talk about "wrongdoing" by brady. It only says in a speculative way that brady generally may have known about the wrongdoing of the equipment guys. It was their wrongdoing, he just maybe knew about it but in no way orchestrated it. Of course we know he did, but writing it that way tells us already that they will do the minimum as far as fines or more practical consequences to appease the public.

All hail the champs!

And this isn't a court of law, so it doesn't matter.

Never said it was, but just refuting people that act like this clearly makes Brady guilty, instead it means probably which is quite different.

About the veredict on the report, I found this interesting in Colts forum:
"As a law student and an employee of a county prosecutor, this language mirrors that of probable cause. Were it a criminal proceeding, this language, if spoken by a prosecutor in a criminal proceeding, would mean that they believe there is at least enough evidence to charge a person of a crime."

Enough evidence to charge is different than being able to convict.
Probable cause is only used to pursue not convict

So:

Brady refused to cooperate. Brady signed footballs and jerseys for the guy who referred to himself as "The Deflator." The two guys who were deflating football keep talking about how Tom is riding them over this stuff.

But, it's merely PROBABLE that Brady was involved. Of course. We have 'no proof.' Brady's name is being dragged through the mud.

:sidelol:

I'm just gonna stop here before I violate the ToS for going full tilt bozo on some mongos.

This may come back too bite him in the butt. Last thing he wanted too hear. but theres still no proof he knew.

Back
Top Bottom