MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring

TakeIt2DaHouse said:
May the best man win the job since when and why should people of color get a handicap? If the best man is black,hispanic,asian so be it. The only color that counts is "GREEN." What happened before the civil rights movement has nothing to do with todays generation. This BS needs to stop there is no outlaw of B.E.T Black Entertaint ment Television why not isn't that racist? If I had W.E.T I would be burned at the stake. It needs to stop its nothing but a cop out for black people sorry but it is. I know your grandparents where slaves but we weren't there masters leave us out. I'm sure if someone like Don Shula, Art Shell, Dennis Green,and Herman Edwards were out there as available coaches the no-brainer is to take Shula but you have to worry about this stupid rule when the other 3 know for a fact that its a lame duck interview like randy shannon did. I dont care if I owned the Miami Dolphins I put who is the best of the best on the field, and if they are all white to bad black people, or if they are all black to bad to or whatever cause I'm doing it to win and make money not to diversify the league that is already 70% black anyways. The league will diversify on its own no need to make rules. There is a reason you dont see black head coaches and owners they are just regular people who arent qualified enough yet since the majority of them are black they can make a big ordeal out of it. But the NBA being almost 80% black let God forbid something like this were to happen but about white people. Black people don't like baseball thats why the league is only 9% black I think. I'm not racist its just this bs with black this and black that is ******ed and and people need to realize we are in the year 2005 not 1805 yes racism does exist and always will but thats not what drives team to be great dynasties, championships, down to the wire finishes great games stuff like that is a mixture of all and the only ones who ever complain about this stupid **** is black people and its bs like we owe them something. You just go out there play your heart out your either good enough or your not. Yeah I'm gonna assemble my team of all white-guys cause I'm white or all black guys cause I'm black. Or majority either way you find talent and you keep it and mold it. Any player who complains about race is a "POS."

You bring up some valid points. But GEEZ. Calm down!

I think it's hard for white people (caucasians) to really understand and realize why people of color get upset when people of color aren't even considered for a position. If you take a look at history, we have come a long way. Look at our beloved sport of football. There was a time when blacks weren't given a chance to play QB because it was a "thinking" position and there obviously weren't any black players that could think. Black QB's were always being turned into WR's or DB's because all that required was athletic ability. Now, look at all of the great black QB's that we have simply because they were given a chance. People back then were also saying "may the best man win" and "give the job to the best player" also but when you're not giving people the opportunity, it's very easy to know who the "best man" is. The same goes with blacks and Head coaching positions. Look at what Marvin Lewis has been able to do in Cincinnatti. If you don't look at that and think that he is doing one of the best coaching jobs with an organization that has been nothing but awful for years on end you are kidding yourself. And how long did it take Marvin Lewis to "prove" himself worthy to be a HC? Ironically, David Shula didn't have to go through as many hoops, didn't have the resume Lewis had, and most likely got the jobbecause of his father. Now it's the FO.
Face it, things have to change and they are going to change. There are many capable and talented people of color that can get the job in the coaching ranks and the FO ranks and when they aren't even being considered or even given a legit chance, that tends to tick the affected group off. It makes you feel powerless.

calphin said:
[Washington Post] The head of the group formed to promote minority hiring at all levels of the NFL said yesterday he believes that the Dolphins acted improperly by hiring Randy Mueller as their general manager Monday without interviewing any minority candidates.

"We were very, very disappointed," said John Wooten, the chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, named for the NFL's first black head coach. "What they've done is insulted us and insulted the [league's] diversity committee with these kinds of shenanigans. What we're saying to the commissioner and to the NFL is, 'Put some teeth in these guidelines.' If I sound like I'm [mad], it's because I am."

That really pisses me off.I think Saban hired who he thought was the best man for the job.black,white,blue,green...color doesn't matter.why the heck do people try and make racial issues out of everything?I thought they abolished affirmative action,guess I was wrong. :fire:
I think you have to hire the best man for the job. Whilst minority candidates are indeed important, too much emphasis can be placed on being politically correct, which may well be just a waste of time and resources in the process.

I think it's an insult that you have to interview coaches of a certain color when looking for FO personell.

The league is so competitive, and so "win now" oriented, that any franchise with half a brain would hire a purple man with green spots if it meant more wins.

The fact that this group that has so little faith in franchises, is an insult to every owner in the league. Honestly it's a slap in the face, and an unjust one.

Saban wanted Mueller because he thinks he's the best man for the job, and not because he's white. If Mueller han been red with yellow stripes he would still be our GM.

I think it's insulting.

It's sad these days that something like this can cause such a stir and bring out the word "racism". It's a shame that you have to interview a "minority" for a position like this and if you don't you are considered a "racist". Your race is no longer the issue it once was in the job market. Granted, things aren't 100% equal yet, but as a country we are making strides towards equality for all people. I think that when situations like this arise it hurts race relations. If I hired a qualified person for a position in my company and that person happened to be white and then I got criticized and called a racist because I didn't interview a minority I would be severely ticked off. I hire based on qualifications, not skin color.

"We were very, very disappointed," said John Wooten, the chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, named for the NFL's first black head coach. "What they've done is insulted us and insulted the [league's] diversity committee with these kinds of shenanigans. What we're saying to the commissioner and to the NFL is, 'Put some teeth in these guidelines.' If I sound like I'm [mad], it's because I am."

Come on, Wooten, no-one was insulted here except you. Make this an issue and help keep race relations strained. The only person up to shenaigans is you.

calphin said:
[Washington Post] The head of the group formed to promote minority hiring at all levels of the NFL said yesterday he believes that the Dolphins acted improperly by hiring Randy Mueller as their general manager Monday without interviewing any minority candidates.

That really pisses me off.I think Saban hired who he thought was the best man for the job.black,white,blue,green...color doesn't matter.why the heck do people try and make racial issues out of everything?I thought they abolished affirmative action,guess I was wrong. :fire:

Man I hate the diversity board crap. If I ever meet any of them Ill be sure to smack them in the balls.

This is ridiculous. I dont care if Randy Mueller is black, white, pink, or polkadotted. The best person for the job was hired, regardless of his race.

All this diversity BS does is make the other coaches that are "forced" to be interviewed look like shmucks. Heck, if I knew a team was set on a coach and wanted to interview me to fulfill their diversity quota, I would say no thanks and not waste my time.

Arrrrgh I hate this BS.

go pound sand, they need to quit bitchin if a black guy was the best person for the job he would have got it without interviewing a white guy.

Haha, I find all the minority stuff funny as hell. I mean, Im Latin, we dont have any latin people in head coaching or higher up positions in the NFL, and probably about 2-5% of latin people are players in the NFL.

So should the NFL push latin people to play football and go to the higher ranks because there aren't enough of them? Probably not, so why does it matter? That goes for other race's also. If they are qualified they will get the jobs that are out there plain and simple.

Screw them, we should be able to hire whoever we are interested in. Always some idiot throwing out a race card.

most of the time, a team will already have a short list of people lined up for the job. and in some cases, they are firing someone just to hire a guy they really want. in those cases, i dont see how interviewing a minority guy will help any. hes not going to get the job. its just an insult to the guy to act like you want him when you dont.

phinfan13/34 said:
Haha, I find all the minority stuff funny as hell. I mean, Im Latin, we dont have any latin people in head coaching or higher up positions in the NFL, and probably about 2-5% of latin people are players in the NFL.

So should the NFL push latin people to play football and go to the higher ranks because there aren't enough of them? Probably not, so why does it matter? That goes for other race's also. If they are qualified they will get the jobs that are out there plain and simple.

I would love to see a little Japanese guy as a head coach in the NFL screaming at players 3 times his size.;)

I would find it insulting if someone interviewed me on a job based only on my skin color if they had no intentions to hire me...

THis minority CRAP makes me SICK!!! No hispanic head coaches in the NFL AT ALL-and you don't hear me saying anything. I hate conspiracy MORONS!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom