Merged: Dixons Days Numbered/Okay...back to Dixon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dixons Days Numbered/Okay...back to Dixon

fins1

Sec 143Row 26 Seats 7,8
Club Member
Reaction score
Dixons Days Numbered

I thought Mark was supposed to play this week. I like Mark alot but this team needs to figure out if he can play. If not we need to find someone else and get them ready to play. Any thoughts?

he had a lot of swelling at practice on friday and was downgraded to OUT

well see come this week...

I don't forsee him doing anything too productive from here on out. Miami would be foolish to count on him for any length of time.

Originally posted by fins1
If we put him on IR do we save any cap space?

The answer actually is yes but not in 2003, in 2004. Dixon signed a new contract just before FA started in March that included incentives based on playing time. Most of the bonuses would have been NLTBE and counted vs 2004 cap. His not playing this season would basically wipe out ALL these incentives. However, Miami will still likely have a "NLTBE debit" in 2004 but just not as much.

Okay...back to Dixon

Here is an article from the Miami Herald...sounds like there's a good chance that Dixon is going on IR. Muck...this is not my comment remember when I said that Dixon should be put on IR...this is actually coming from the coaching staff now!!! Its a sad thing.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7129077.htm

Here is an article from Sunsentinel...same idea as above...but this does not suprise me...I had a feeling that this would happen...and it sucks!!!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ct29,0,7022008.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

This is a major bummer for the team. I still hold out hope he can play this year, hopefully soon. What was that last scope about if he can't go?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

The answer actually is yes but not in 2003, in 2004. Dixon signed a new contract just before FA started in March that included incentives based on playing time. Most of the bonuses would have been NLTBE and counted vs 2004 cap. His not playing this season would basically wipe out ALL these incentives. However, Miami will still likely have a "NLTBE debit" in 2004 but just not as much.

In actuality this is incorrect as well. The NLTBE incentives are not contingent if we place him on IR or not, if he doesn't play and earn the incentives they were going to be placed on the cap in the first place. The only time you get a credit/debit on these is if they actually hit the incentives. That's why they're called NOT LIKELY to be earned. Since the incentives have not actually been earned, how would a team get a credit for them?

This subject always pisses me off. Mark Dixon has ALWAYS been injury prone. He has NEVER played for an entire season, and in the reports I read on the newspaper say, "The pain is manageable now." WTF?!?! I know football players play through injury, but he needs to be an exception. He of all players need to just chill out in the hot tub, the rehab room, and sip some pina coladas until he is 110% ready to go. Something is always breaking down with him.

i think we need to put him on IR and if his cap penatly isnt too big just let him go at the end of the year. like its been said he never plays a full season. he is a roster spot and cap room in a position that we are in dyer need, so his time is up

Back
Top Bottom