MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend

Who is the QB like Culpepper that Cameron has experience with?

Just curious......

Antwaan Randle El. At Indiana, he often scored more by rushing than by throwing. And he rushed for over 1200 yards in 2000 as QB!

Also, for the fans who think Culpepper isn't the answer, Cameron had much success with QBs Gus Frerotte, Drew Brees, and Philip Rivers.

sounds like its getting closer and closer to cameron..

Ive tried not to pay too much attention to this coaching search, but if i had to pick someone id want here... its this guy... based on the fact he's an offensive guy... and thats easily our weakest spot. so... this excites me. i hope its him. cuz... i dont like mora... and i dont really know about gailey... but im all about this offensive guy being a coach thing... so lets do this already

Indiana has had only 11 winning seasons since 1950. (I didn't feel like counting beyond that.) Indiana is basically a punching bag for Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, and sometimes Minnesota.

F.Y.I. Since 1950, Indiana's football team has notched 8 victories in a single season only four times: 1979, 1987, 1988, and 1993.

Try recruiting with that history. Hmmm, wanna play football at Michigan, Ohio St, or Indiana?

Only once since 1950 did Indiana tally 9 wins in a single season. In 1967, they went 9-2 under coach John Pont and lost to USC in the Rose Bowl. Left tackle Doug Crusan was team captain.

Some of you may remember Crusan from the Fins 1972 undefeated season.

heres how i see cameron... indiana was his first run as a head coach... he had been an assistant in michigan for a while and then was with the redskins for only a few years as the QB coach and jumped right into being the head coach at indiana.... obviouly he wasn't prepared... so he struggled some... but he must have learned a lot in that time from his mistakes, and plus now hes been under marty, a great coach, for about 5 years... hes most definately picked up some tricks of the trade and watched and learned from marty on how to be a head coach... i think hed be much more prepared to run an NFL team now than he was to run a college team at indiana after only being a QB coach for a few years...

Well, the latest is it's down to Cam Cameron and Chan Gailey. I'm not a fan of Gailey's so I started looking closer at Cameron's stint at Indiana, since that is one the biggest knocks against him.

First off, it should be noted that Indiana has had only 11 winning seasons since 1950. (I didn't feel like counting beyond that.) Indiana is basically a punching bag for Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, and sometimes Minnesota.

Cameron lettered at Indiana in football and basketball. So it seems to me that he got the job because of his history with the school. It was an opportunity to be a head coach, so he took it. Can't fault him for that. And expecting any coach to turn around the football program at Indiana is kinda like expecting Pamela Anderson to be a virgin on your wedding night.

Cameron's QB during the bulk of his tenure at Indiana was none other than Antwaan Randle El...

1998 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 873 yds and 10 TDs, passed for 1745 yds and 6 TDs
1999 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 788 yds and 13 TDs, passed for 2277 yds and 17 TDs
2000 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 1270 yds and 13 TDs, passed for 1783 yds and 10 TDs
2001 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 964 yds and 8 TDs, passed for 1664 yds and 9 TDs

Do those stats remind you of anybody on the Fins roster?

Why our choice for HC isn't between Cam Cameron and Mike Sherman, I'll never know, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

1. Cameron has experience with a QB like Culpepper.

2. He turned SD's offense into a powerhouse (granted, LT had A LOT to do with that but Cameron's blocking schemes didn't hurt any).

3. His offense at Indiana was one their best even though they still lost quite a bit.

4. Cameron (45) is not too young, not too old.

5. He isn't a retread.

6. And with Dom Capers locked up as our defensive coordinator, we'd be well-coached on both sides of the ball.

It's gotta be Cam Cameron!

There is no doubt that MIA has already chosen Cam Cameron as the HC...the hold up is obviously working out the contract negociations...

Cameron would only stay overnight for that reason...as soon as the two parties come to an agreement on the contract...they will announce it...thus, why he is staying overnight and there has been no flights booked back to SD yet. Because they want to introduce him first...Go PHINS!

Is it Cam or Chan?????????

Ive herd Chan and Cam over and over all of the news sources say sumthing diferent, Chan is to be anoucned coach.......Cam has the job.

Wut do i belive???

Does any one truelly have inside Info on who will be out new HC???

I am getting sick of everybody saying something diferent!!!!!

another note i believe Shula will be our OC....thoughts??

I wll be shocked if Cam Cameron is NOT named head coach. He met with the team for hours yesterday and today. He is still in Miami as we speak. I believe a contract will be offered to him tomorrow with the hopes of signing him before he leaves town. It is rumored the Mike Shula could indeed join the team in some capacity. I can't see him being any better then Mularkey personally. But regardless, Mularkey is history.

Ive herd Chan and Cam over and over all of the news sources say sumthing diferent, Chan is to be anoucned coach.......Cam has the job.

Wut do i belive???

Does any one truelly have inside Info on who will be out new HC???

I am getting sick of everybody saying something diferent!!!!!

another note i believe Shula will be our OC....thoughts??
It's Cam Cameron.. Mortensen was just on espn news and said Cameron leading candidate, he's staying overnight and could be named headcoach tonite.

I wll be shocked if Cam Cameron is NOT named head coach. He met with the team for hours yesterday and today. He is still in Miami as we speak. I believe a contract will be offered to him tomorrow with the hopes of signing him before he leaves town. It is rumored the Mike Shula could indeed join the team in some capacity. I can't see him being any better then Mularkey personally. But regardless, Mularkey is history.
But how about all the sources that other users are posting that are saying Chan is the front runner and so to be anounced head coach? wut do we make of those.....personally i belive it by far should be CC no contest!

But how about all the sources that other users are posting that are saying Chan is the front runner and so to be anounced head coach? wut do we make of those.....personally i belive it by far should be CC no contest!

Well the one source that said Chan was the leading candidate and would be the next coach was a newspaper from the United Kingdom. I would believe local media outlets before listening to a foreign paper. If Cam Cameron was NOT the leading guy, he would NOT have interviewed yesterday and today and still be in Miami tonight. It's a no brainer. Cameron will be our next head coach.

Back
Top Bottom