MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend

But how about all the sources that other users are posting that are saying Chan is the front runner and so to be anounced head coach? wut do we make of those.....personally i belive it by far should be CC no contest!

C'mon bro...stop playing dumb? Cameron is staying over night because the two parties are negociating the contract and want to introduce him as the HC before flying him back to SD...hello :confused:

the pinnacle of his profession exactly which super bowl did mora win? not saying i dont agree and im not saying that i know more about picking coaches than tyhe guys who get paid millons to do but mora has not reached the pinnacle of his profession

definatly gonna be Cameron at this point nick want to win now and he likes the flashy pick and Cam fits the bill more in both categorys....Shula will be on the staff...hopefully not OC i think Cameron should be able to bring in someone who he is familar and confident in running the "o"

C'mon bro...stop playing dumb? Cameron is staying over night because the two parties are negociating the contract and want to introduce him as the HC before flying him back to SD...hello :confused:
first of all dont question my intelect.....ahh JK dude thats wut im hopeing for....i just wanted to no if any body new anything more and i new he was staying over night and all that bs but i just wanted to no for sure who the leadin candidate was!

definatly gonna be Cameron at this point nick want to win now and he likes the flashy pick and Cam fits the bill more in both categorys....Shula will be on the staff...hopefully not OC i think Cameron should be able to bring in someone who he is familar and confident in running the "o"
?????

There is no doubt that MIA has already chosen Cam Cameron as the HC...the hold up is obviously working out the contract negociations...

Cameron would only stay overnight for that reason...as soon as the two parties come to an agreement on the contract...they will announce it...thus, why he is staying overnight and there has been no flights booked back to SD yet. Because they want to introduce him first...Go PHINS!

I hope you're right. The more I look into his years at Indiana, the more convinced I am that we shouldn't hold his tenure as HC there against him.

Guess how many players from Indiana were drafted in the 1st round since 1974... NONE. Antwaan Randle El was drafted in the 2nd round and Adewale Ogunleye went undrafted. Other than those two, I can count the number of players from Indiana currently playing in the NFL on my hands. And most of them were recruited by Cam Cameron when he was head coach at Indiana.

The lack of talent on Cameron's Indiana team was astonishing...

Jay Rogers was the other QB who started for Cameron in Indiana. Ever heard of him? No? Me either.

What about his RBs at Indiana: De'Wayne Hogan and Levron Williams. Never heard of them either. Although Williams had impressive stats while at IU. In fact, he made the Chargers roster in 2002, but never played a down.

And his WRs: O.J. Conner, Chris Gall, Trevor Browning, Versie Gaddis, Jerry Dorsey, Glenn Johnson and Henry Frazier? These are NOT household names.

Sam Wyche (remember him?) went 3-8 as head coach of Indiana in 1983.

The thing to keep in mind is that every coach who has ever coached at Indiana has a losing record. Every coach. Even their most successful coach, Bill Mallory, went 0-11 his first year. At least Cameron never got blanked for the entire season.

So whenever anybody brings up Cameron's record at Indiana, just ask them how it compares to other IU coaches. Now, if Cameron had been the HC at Notre Dame, Florida State, or USC, that would be another matter entirely.

But Indiana? Give me a break.

I wll be shocked if Cam Cameron is NOT named head coach. He met with the team for hours yesterday and today. He is still in Miami as we speak. I believe a contract will be offered to him tomorrow with the hopes of signing him before he leaves town. It is rumored the Mike Shula could indeed join the team in some capacity. I can't see him being any better then Mularkey personally. But regardless, Mularkey is history.
I agree 100%. Mularky is all but fired. After seeing in the news that Cameron has been spending so much time there, it is obvious that a deal is in the works. It seems our coaches will be:

HC:Cam Cameron
OC:Mike Shula
DC:Dom Capers
GM:Randy Mueller

This is alright by me knowing that the head coach no longer has complete control. It is better to have the GM make the final decisions pesonnel-wise and just let the coaches do thier jobs. Mueller always had problems dealing with Saban. He was against signing Jason Allen from what I understand. Saban was spread out WAYY too thin and obviously could not handle the tensions involved. I think Mueller will make better draft decisions. I am not thoroughly impressed with any of Saban's draft choices in early rounds. Niether Ronnie Brown or Jason Allen have lived up to thier billing. Brown may get better if a good RB coach stops him from juking so much!

FINS PROMISE A HIRE BY SATURDAY
Greg Bedard of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Miami Dolphins are likely to have a new coach by Saturday.
"I can tell you with 100 percent certainty, nothing has been decided tonight," Dolphins senior V.P. of media relations Harvey Greene told Bedard. "We hope to have this finalized by Friday or Saturday at the latest."
Meanwhile, Bedard writes that Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron's second interview went very well, and that Cameron might now be the favorite for the job. An industry source told us early Thursday that the team has the candidates ranked as follows: (1) Cameron; (2) former Falcons coach Jim Mora; and (3) Georgia Tech coach Chan Gailey.
Previously, Gailey was regarded as the favorite.
Also on Thursday, Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner re-emerged as a candidate. If a hire is to be made by Saturday, however, Turner won't be the guy who gets the job, because coaches whose teams are still playing can't be made offers until their seasons end.
We're still not ruling out the possibility that there's a secret candidate floating around out there. If a hire is to come in the next 48 hours, any mystery man will be making his appearance soon.

I'm ready for it to be over, whatever the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom