MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend

Old news.

Check the threads before posting..........

Sun Sentinel is reporting that Cameron and Gailey are the front runners.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-118dolphins,0,1755667.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

I'm glad Mora is out, he's a loser if you ask me.

Cuerbo
:dolphins:

I find it amusing how those who are the most uninformed make the most emphatic statements about coaches and players.
I'm certain that many Cleveland Browns fans felt the same way about Bill Bellichick at one point.
Fact is, this was Mora's first job as an NFL HC and he did well his first couple of years. There are many other problems in the Falcons oraganization which have nothing to do with Mora, namely the owner and Mike Vick (the coach killer).
I don't pretend to know if Mora will ever be the HC of a championship caliber team, or if he is destined to be just another guy who couldn't get the job done. However, I don't know enough about the man to go so far as to denigrate him personally by calling him a loser. He has reached the pinnacle of his profession which is considerably better than most on this forum will ever come close to.

It's gotta be Cam Cameron...

Well, the latest is it's down to Cam Cameron and Chan Gailey. I'm not a fan of Gailey's so I started looking closer at Cameron's stint at Indiana, since that is one the biggest knocks against him.

First off, it should be noted that Indiana has had only 11 winning seasons since 1950. (I didn't feel like counting beyond that.) Indiana is basically a punching bag for Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, and sometimes Minnesota.

Cameron lettered at Indiana in football and basketball. So it seems to me that he got the job because of his history with the school. It was an opportunity to be a head coach, so he took it. Can't fault him for that. And expecting any coach to turn around the football program at Indiana is kinda like expecting Pamela Anderson to be a virgin on your wedding night.

Cameron's QB during the bulk of his tenure at Indiana was none other than Antwaan Randle El...

1998 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 873 yds and 10 TDs, passed for 1745 yds and 6 TDs
1999 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 788 yds and 13 TDs, passed for 2277 yds and 17 TDs
2000 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 1270 yds and 13 TDs, passed for 1783 yds and 10 TDs
2001 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 964 yds and 8 TDs, passed for 1664 yds and 9 TDs

Do those stats remind you of anybody on the Fins roster?

Why our choice for HC isn't between Cam Cameron and Mike Sherman, I'll never know, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

1. Cameron has experience with a QB like Culpepper.

2. He turned SD's offense into a powerhouse (granted, LT had A LOT to do with that but Cameron's blocking schemes didn't hurt any).

3. His offense at Indiana was one their best even though they still lost quite a bit.

4. Cameron (45) is not too young, not too old.

5. He isn't a retread.

6. And with Dom Capers locked up as our defensive coordinator, we'd be well-coached on both sides of the ball.

It's gotta be Cam Cameron!

F.Y.I. Interesting to note that Adewale Ogunleye was DE at Indiana from 1996-1999. In 1997 he had 10 sacks, in 1998 he had 8 sacks, and in 1999 he had 8 sacks.

no offense, but its getting pretty ridculous how they're approximately a thousand threads on 3 topics.

Who is the QB like Culpepper that Cameron has experience with?

Just curious......

I want Cameron, but I'm worried that Wayne's going to pull a fast one, and go with Gailey. If that happens, I'm taking the year off, no more season tickets...

I'm sure I wont be the only one either. Nobody down here looking forward to having C. Gailey as our new head coach, and Wayne would be making a huge mistake with the fans / media down here in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Well, the latest is it's down to Cam Cameron and Chan Gailey. I'm not a fan of Gailey's so I started looking closer at Cameron's stint at Indiana, since that is one the biggest knocks against him.

First off, it should be noted that Indiana has had only 11 winning seasons since 1950. (I didn't feel like counting beyond that.) Indiana is basically a punching bag for Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, and sometimes Minnesota.

Cameron lettered at Indiana in football and basketball. So it seems to me that he got the job because of his history with the school. It was an opportunity to be a head coach, so he took it. Can't fault him for that. And expecting any coach to turn around the football program at Indiana is kinda like expecting Pamela Anderson to be a virgin on your wedding night.

Cameron's QB during the bulk of his tenure at Indiana was none other than Antwaan Randle El...

1998 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 873 yds and 10 TDs, passed for 1745 yds and 6 TDs
1999 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 788 yds and 13 TDs, passed for 2277 yds and 17 TDs
2000 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 1270 yds and 13 TDs, passed for 1783 yds and 10 TDs
2001 - Antwaan Randle El rushed for 964 yds and 8 TDs, passed for 1664 yds and 9 TDs

Do those stats remind you of anybody on the Fins roster?

Why our choice for HC isn't between Cam Cameron and Mike Sherman, I'll never know, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

1. Cameron has experience with a QB like Culpepper.

2. He turned SD's offense into a powerhouse (granted, LT had A LOT to do with that but Cameron's blocking schemes didn't hurt any).

3. His offense at Indiana was one their best even though they still lost quite a bit.

4. Cameron (45) is not too young, not too old.

5. He isn't a retread.

6. And with Dom Capers locked up as our defensive coordinator, we'd be well-coached on both sides of the ball.

It's gotta be Cam Cameron!

Wow! Great post...I did not know that. I hope its Cameron!

I'm pretty sure I heard them say on NFL Network that it has come down to Mora and Gailey.

I want Cameron, but I'm worried that Wayne's going to pull a fast one, and go with Gailey. If that happens, I'm taking the year off, no more season tickets...

I'm sure I wont be the only one either. Nobody down here looking forward to having C. Gailey as our new head coach, and Wayne would be making a huge mistake with the fans / media down here in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I have to admit, I could get psyched up for Cameron, Gailey will be a downer for me.

I actually looked at the Chargers scoring the last three years. It isn't like they just started scoring points this year. Over the last three years, only the Colts have scored more points than the Chargers, 1388-1356, a total of 32 more points over the last 48 games. If you count returns, the Colts have scored two more points than the Chargers.

They've been ridiculous in the red zone. This year they scored 42 touchdowns on 62 trips into the red zone (67.7 and best in the league).

Back
Top Bottom