[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take

I'm a big John Beck fan, but I have started to see the light. At his age he isn't going to be our guy. By the time he hits his prime he'll be in his 30s. Ryan is going to be our QB but I wouldn't mind taking Long if Ryan doesn't take the contract. I don't wanna listen and wait for him to be signed cause he wants more money.

yea that was a seemingly uninformed segment. they basically definitively said matt ryan is our top choice and we'll offer him a contract first, and then and only then move onto other prospects if he denies.. i don't buy it at all, hopefully all these shows are just in on the smoke screen trying to help us pilfer more picks from atlanta.. can't help but feel bad for the miami organization after last season right? i mean, journalists live for the big story, so what bigger story than to see the almost winless team turn it around in one season and do really well? so c'mon journalists, help us out! haha

Parcells and Ireland are doing what they should do: Build up perception that we're going to take Matt Ryan. The media is helping us with this. The goal: Convince Atlanta that they have to trade up to get their QB of the future.

I believe you'll see lots of reports about us "working on a contract" before the draft.

We will put pressure on Atlanta and will pull the trigger on a "DeAngelo Hall and the #3 pick overall for the top pick."

Then we're in a much better spot to take either Long, or trade down with Dallas. You'll start hearing reports that we're VERY interested in McFadden. We'll try to convince Dallas or Oakland that at #3 we're going to take the kid. If one of these teams bites, then we've successfully negotiated out of the 1st pick.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up making the deal with Dallas if we don't turn around and sign Derek Anderson to an offer sheet. We'd easily give up one of our two 1st rounders and our third for Derek Anderson.

Great players always show signs of greatness. Even in tough times like we had last year. Beck will never be great. It is that simple.

I'm not saying John Beck is the answer, but you can't judge him by a handful of games on a team in which 1/6 of the players have already been cut....

Based on that logic... bad players never show signs of greatness.....
Here's a list for you....

http://blog.footballguys.com/2007/07/26/the-history-of-rookie-quarterbacks/

Rookie QB's who finished in the top 30 OVERALL for fantasy points over the past few decades.

Sure, Marino, Manning, Elway are on here.... but look at some of the other names...

Orton, Batch, Weinke, Harrington, Carr, Leftwhich, Rubley, etc.... they all showed signs of greatness based on thier rookie years....

My point is... you obviously cannot ALWAYS base talent on what someone does or does not do in his rookie season, unless you put Marino in the same class as Batch or Orton.

I don't know if Beck is the answer, but he did not make our team 1-15... so I really don't think he's been given a chance.

Im not going either way,But Beck didnt do well when he did play,and i dont wanna hear thats because our entire team sucked because that doesnt excuse the fact he dropped several balls while either trying to throw or just droping back to pass.We need a long term solution to our QB problems.Is that Matt Ryan?Maybe,But then again maybe not.But Beck is on a short leash.

Great players always show signs of greatness. Even in tough times like we had last year. Beck will never be great. It is that simple.

Firstly, great players do not ALWAYS show signs of greatness. Manning and Brady are great players but do not always show signs of greatness..

Also,

Becks last drive:

6-7, 75 yards, 1 TD, 1 2 Pt. Conversion. Sounds pretty great to me.

Im not going either way,But Beck didnt do well when he did play,and i dont wanna hear thats because our entire team sucked because that doesnt excuse the fact he dropped several balls while either trying to throw or just droping back to pass.We need a long term solution to our QB problems.Is that Matt Ryan?Maybe,But then again maybe not.But Beck is on a short leash.

I know.... because God forbid if a rookie QB goes out there and makes some mistakes. :rolleyes2:

I know Rookies take there lumps but its been said by many that Becks hands may be to small,that being to reason he fumbled so much without even being touched.

The talent on this team without question is at the bottom of the League,My old High School could have gave Miami a good game.We need to take a l-o-n-g look at the players on this team.Miami will draft a QB in the first 3 rounds,I bet on it.

Quote from one of the guys from Sirius NFL Radio Movin the Chains today on John Beck -

paraphrase "[the new regime in Miami] is not in love with John Beck."

Matt Ryan will be the pick. IMHO.

Parcells and Ireland are doing what they should do: Build up perception that we're going to take Matt Ryan. The media is helping us with this. The goal: Convince Atlanta that they have to trade up to get their QB of the future.

I believe you'll see lots of reports about us "working on a contract" before the draft.

We will put pressure on Atlanta and will pull the trigger on a "DeAngelo Hall and the #3 pick overall for the top pick."

Then we're in a much better spot to take either Long, or trade down with Dallas. You'll start hearing reports that we're VERY interested in McFadden. We'll try to convince Dallas or Oakland that at #3 we're going to take the kid. If one of these teams bites, then we've successfully negotiated out of the 1st pick.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up making the deal with Dallas if we don't turn around and sign Derek Anderson to an offer sheet. We'd easily give up one of our two 1st rounders and our third for Derek Anderson.

I was with you all the way up until Derek Anderson.

Just an fyi on the Anderson bit. Cleveland and Anderson are now supposedly close to signing a three year deal. This would remove any 1 and 3 round draft pick for aquiring him (Note: I'm not for getting Anderson)

Link:
http://cle.scout.com/2/732046.html

i just want to know...of all the big ryan advocates on here...how many saw him play more than 3 games in college? im going to guess maybe one or two of you...living in massachusetts...he is most the overhyped, overrated quaterback since brady quinn...he is a decent looking guy who had a decent college career so everyone thinks that OMG he is the next brady....

he is as much of a project pick as anyone in this draft...

i agree with the other poster who said this is all smoke and mirrors and make atlanta feel uncomfortable, trade us hall and their pick and a lower round pick...thats it...

anything you hear from now until the day of the draft is all smoke and mirrors and trying to make other gm's jump the gun

Dolphins are gonna try to get Ryan to sign

i guess were trying to sign matt ryan before draft day and if for some reason its doesnt go that way the next guys in line are jake long, glenn dorsey, and chris long to sign before the draft...i think this would be smart just for the fact that then they cant hold out but i really would like to see them trade the pick but whatever works

Back
Top Bottom