[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take

i guess were trying to sign matt ryan before draft day and if for some reason its doesnt go that way the next guys in line are jake long, glenn dorsey, and chris long to sign before the draft...i think this would be smart just for the fact that then they cant hold out but i really would like to see them trade the pick but whatever works

Smokescreen. Probably a ploy to get Atlanta to trade down.

i really don't want Matt Ryan as our first pick,yes we need a QB to compete with Beck,but i'd rather we address either our OL or DL first. but hey,Bill's gonna do whatever he feels is best for our team.

Quote from one of the guys from Sirius NFL Radio Movin the Chains today on John Beck -

paraphrase "[the new regime in Miami] is not in love with John Beck."

Matt Ryan will be the pick. IMHO.

Come on man!! It went down a little different than that.

(Direct Quote answering a caller)
Kirwin: "I could see them going with Ryan. The new regime in Miami is not in love with John Beck."
Ryan: "Well he is from an old regime and isnt one of their guys".

They made no mention of Beck's ability or lackthereof. Remember, neither Parcells, nor Ireland have ever said they dont believe in John Beck. If you remember Parcells gave Beck some nice accolades when he got here.

yeah i dont really want a qb either but we do need one and tuna knows what he is doing

its out there.the games have begun.time to make the falcons freak.

it might be a play, to get another team to try and bite up for the pick. But have faith in what Parcells does, hes the right man, and he knows what he is doing. I think the OL and DL should be adressed first too and maybe look to like Joe Flacco later.

I think everyone knows that the front office isnt in love with Beck.We have heard about Miami possibly taking Matt Ryan,Chad Henne,Joe Flacco who's stock is rising,and many more.Culpepper,Losman,Green coming back are what we have been hearing as possible starters for next season.If the new regime were happy with Beck we wouldnt be hearing this stuff as much.

I simply cannot fathom how so many think Ryan is a good pick at #1. Usually you look at a QBs entire career in college as a means to make him a top pick-not one game against VTU.

you talk to everyone and you see who is signable that is very important

The only thing Ryan has on Beck is Height and age, everything else Beck could do as well or better if given a real shot with real talent around him (meaning a healthy Ronnie, and at least two receivers that can catch the ball).

If Parcells is so hot an heavy on Ryan because he looks the part more then Beck, he can wait to the 2nd or 3rd and take Flacco who just happens to have a better arm then Ryan.

They can offer as many contracts to as many players as they want. Several recent #1 teams have pulled this maneuver. It does add yet another element to the trade bait game.

In the end, it doesn't matter until we actually announce our pick. Just part of the game.

If we drafted Matt Ryan (in my opinion a one year wonder), it would literally be as shocking as the Ted Ginn, Jr. pick a year ago. Fans would, for the most part, applaud it simply because we have drafted a QB when we finally got to #1. But, in the end, I think a lot of eyebrows would be raised. It's very un-Parcells like to draft a QB so high. Not too mention, Ryan would become the poster child for the new regime. Regardless how many other picks would be Pro Bowlers, if Ryan failed.... that's a permanent egg on the face.

Parcells rarely takes risks that huge. He's a calculated man who hedges his bets by spreading the value of his draft across many players. Not 1.

Yes I see your point, he hasn't done that since..............well..... since he drafted Drew Bledsoe #1 overall.

I think everyone knows that the front office isnt in love with Beck.We have heard about Miami possibly taking Matt Ryan,Chad Henne,Joe Flacco who's stock is rising,and many more.Culpepper,Losman,Green coming back are what we have been hearing as possible starters for next season.If the new regime were happy with Beck we wouldnt be hearing this stuff as much.

People don't want to face this..., for God's sake man we spent a second round draft choice on the guy...

Back
Top Bottom