[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take

Didnt Beck have like 3 or 4 turnovers for scores(fumbles and Int's) in just 3.5 games???? And dont give me the talent around him deal. Peytons team went 1-15 or something his rookie year. Peyton still managed to move the ball and put some points on the board while making his rookie mistakes. 26Tds is nothing to sneeze at. Beck lead one TD drive and that was against the Bungles, late in the game, when they lead by a bunch and it was the last game of the season. They were ready to go home.

I mean its really really bad and borderline (something) when people are starting to try and compare this guy to Peyton Manning. :lol:

i THINK HE ONLY HAD 1, THE FUMBLE FOR A RETURN IN THE JETS GAME. i THINK... Sorry for the caps, im not yelling, just to lazy to retype it :D

Seeing David Carr, another highly touted first pick now teamless, sends chills down my spine when being force-fed all this Ryan as a franchise QB hyperbole.

Yeah and Ty Detmer II inspires so much confidence

Yeah interceptions are about the last thing any coach cares about when starting a rok. What they want to see is him moving the team. You scored TDs.Greaty you're showing something positive. Beck played scared. He played to not make a mistake which is a sure sign that you're going to lose the game. Hopefully he loosens up next year and stops playing like Harrington

Are you suggesting he's going to play? Youre talking about preseason right?

:lol: Ty Detmer II :lol: I wish he were as good as Detmer actually. In that case we could at least count on him turning into a decent backup one day.

You're right; it's all relative. Ty might not look so bad as compared to the latest incarnation of Tim Harbaugh or Quinton Porter?? ...or perhaps the high mileage 4-cylinder version of Byron Leftwich that some folks keep championing, eh?? ?

sport16-1.gif

FWIW: Thought I'd weigh in on some of the Dallas issues.

I did not know we had Beck rated highly. This is the first time I've heard that. And I doubt Ireland would lie....so maybe we did. I do know we had Brady Quinn rated 8th overall, so I do know Quinn was more highly thought of than Beck (not that it means anything.... just because someone is rated higher doesn't mean much in regards to the future)

As for the Dallas/Miami rumors... well, many of you know I don't believe them one bit. And Schefter reporting that there are rumors, pretty much confirms it for me that no such thing is being discussed. That, and Gil Brandt talked to Jerry a couple of days ago about this rumor and the draft in general.... and that pretty much should have driven the nail in the coffin to that kind of talk based on what was said. But technically, I guess, it won't be known until draft day.

Also, FWIW. At 11pm Thursday night, we lose our exclusive rights to negotiating with Flozell. Obviously, it does not mean we necessarily will lose him via free agency. But it does mean he can talk with other teams at that point.

I think its a smoke screen for many teams in a trade down. If this is the plan we wouldn't know about. This is information Parcells wants people to know. I have faith he knows what hes doing but wow I wish the draft was Saturday.

They can offer as many contracts to as many players as they want. Several recent #1 teams have pulled this maneuver. It does add yet another element to the trade bait game.

In the end, it doesn't matter until we actually announce our pick. Just part of the game.

If we drafted Matt Ryan (in my opinion a one year wonder), it would literally be as shocking as the Ted Ginn, Jr. pick a year ago. Fans would, for the most part, applaud it simply because we have drafted a QB when we finally got to #1. But, in the end, I think a lot of eyebrows would be raised. It's very un-Parcells like to draft a QB so high. Not too mention, Ryan would become the poster child for the new regime. Regardless how many other picks would be Pro Bowlers, if Ryan failed.... that's a permanent egg on the face.

Parcells rarely takes risks that huge. He's a calculated man who hedges his bets by spreading the value of his draft across many players. Not 1.

i'd be completely and utterly shocked if they didn't draft a DLman or trade down with the first pick and flacco in the 2nd round

Yeah interceptions are about the last thing any coach cares about when starting a rok. What they want to see is him moving the team. You scored TDs.Greaty you're showing something positive. Beck played scared. He played to not make a mistake which is a sure sign that you're going to lose the game. Hopefully he loosens up next year and stops playing like Harrington

But that just shows how relative it all is. Lets say paytons rookie coach said "just go out there and make plays, don't sweat the TO's, it'll happen". He then knows not to judge payton on his TO ratio but on him moving the team and scoring TDs. CAM on the other hand repeatedly stated "The most import thing for a QB is to play safe football and not turn it over". As a rookie, with my coach saying this over and over and over again, I would play to not make a mistake as well. It was inbedded in becks game play to play it safe. And this would have been fine if CAM remained the coach becuase he would not be judging Beck on TDs and Moving the team but on how he responded to the coaching.

With CAM out and sparano in, Sparano (and the fans) might not understand exactly what was asked of Beck and thus, can not judge him accordingly. Beck to spend some time being re-coached and then evealuated, thats the only to know for sure.

Now this is coming from an Ohio State fan, but I want Gholston. That guy is an absolute beast. He would make a great "tweener". I know he is a reach at #1 but at this point who isn't? I think he is gonna be a great player and is in my opinion in the from of Shawne Merrimen.

They can offer as many contracts to as many players as they want. Several recent #1 teams have pulled this maneuver. It does add yet another element to the trade bait game.

In the end, it doesn't matter until we actually announce our pick. Just part of the game.

If we drafted Matt Ryan (in my opinion a one year wonder), it would literally be as shocking as the Ted Ginn, Jr. pick a year ago. Fans would, for the most part, applaud it simply because we have drafted a QB when we finally got to #1. But, in the end, I think a lot of eyebrows would be raised. It's very un-Parcells like to draft a QB so high. Not too mention, Ryan would become the poster child for the new regime. Regardless how many other picks would be Pro Bowlers, if Ryan failed.... that's a permanent egg on the face.

Parcells rarely takes risks that huge. He's a calculated man who hedges his bets by spreading the value of his draft across many players. Not 1.

Ughhhh....excuse me, can you say Drew Bledsoe ??

If Beck is the man, then he will be the Qb for at least7or 8 years, that's a long time in age of football, ryans 23 or 24 gives you 3 more years but might not be as good as Beck. If You must get a QB Brohm or Flacco might be there in later rounds

Too high for him, If last year the fans thought that Ted Ginn Jr was to high. They need a defensive tackle by draft or by trade.

But that just shows how relative it all is. Lets say paytons rookie coach said "just go out there and make plays, don't sweat the TO's, it'll happen". He then knows not to judge payton on his TO ratio but on him moving the team and scoring TDs. CAM on the other hand repeatedly stated "The most import thing for a QB is to play safe football and not turn it over". As a rookie, with my coach saying this over and over and over again, I would play to not make a mistake as well. It was inbedded in becks game play to play it safe. And this would have been fine if CAM remained the coach becuase he would not be judging Beck on TDs and Moving the team but on how he responded to the coaching.

With CAM out and sparano in, Sparano (and the fans) might not understand exactly what was asked of Beck and thus, can not judge him accordingly. Beck to spend some time being re-coached and then evealuated, thats the only to know for sure.

Great point. Its all speculation on our parts. I would love to hear Cameron's real impression of Beck. Was Beck what he expected? Better, worse? Cameron probably has the best take on him. It would have been nice if Parcells quizzed him on the lineup before sending him packing. Something tells me he didnt though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom