[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take

finsfan14

Starter
Reaction score
their going to be talking about the dolphins on espn first take pretty soon just a heads up

They may offer Matt Ryan a contract before the draft. If Ryan declines, they'll go for Jake Long, then Chris Long, then Darren McFadden. I say, smoke and mirrors, bait for Atlanta....

They can offer as many contracts to as many players as they want. Several recent #1 teams have pulled this maneuver. It does add yet another element to the trade bait game.

In the end, it doesn't matter until we actually announce our pick. Just part of the game.

If we drafted Matt Ryan (in my opinion a one year wonder), it would literally be as shocking as the Ted Ginn, Jr. pick a year ago. Fans would, for the most part, applaud it simply because we have drafted a QB when we finally got to #1. But, in the end, I think a lot of eyebrows would be raised. It's very un-Parcells like to draft a QB so high. Not too mention, Ryan would become the poster child for the new regime. Regardless how many other picks would be Pro Bowlers, if Ryan failed.... that's a permanent egg on the face.

Parcells rarely takes risks that huge. He's a calculated man who hedges his bets by spreading the value of his draft across many players. Not 1.

Our luck,the one year we pick first the isnt a Carson Palmer,Ben Rothlisberger type player available.But i wouldnt be mad with the Ryan Pick.

If we do that, it could give us a lot more leverage with teams like Atlanta and Dallas for any trade talks. But it's a big gamble because if they won't agree to one before the draft, it may automatically narrow down your perceived selection pool. So I only think we'd do this if we thought we could get 2 or maybe 3 top guys to agree to something ahead of time. With the big $$$ agents/players have received in recent years (not doing this), I think it will be hard to get done. What a great move though if we can pull off signing Ryan, McFadden and Long to a conditional contract if we select them before the draft happens. Gives us a lot more leverage over these other teams. I just don't see the agents allowing it to happen though.

They may offer Matt Ryan a contract before the draft. If Ryan declines, they'll go for Jake Long, then Chris Long, then Darren McFadden. I say, smoke and mirrors, bait for Atlanta....

was this what the subject was about?

How in the hell can anybody in there right mind fairly evaluate John Beck as a rookie when he had absolutely NOTHING around him?? Right now drafting Matt Ryan #1 overall is the dumbest thing we could do. I say right now Ryan and Beck are equal as neither has played in an NFL game (in which they have even a somewhat competitive team around them).

Sure John Beck has played in an NFL game and Ryan hasn't, when John Beck had a makeshift OLINE compiled of a bunch of has-beens, never-gonna-bees, wannabees & a rookie at center, along with a fatbutt in Chatman, Samkon Gado who looks worse than Chatman without pads, Lorenzo Booker who didn't even get on the field as much as he should have, an old a broke Marty Booker, a underachieiver and reach for a draft pick in Derek Hagan and a Rookie WR that is still learning the game and a practice squad player on any other team in Greg Caramillo?? How can you evaluate him with what he had to work with?? Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre all would have played poorly in those conditions. They may have won a few games more, but most of those wins just by experience alone!!

John Beck had one problem last year that is very correctable that really sticks out in my mind and that's fumbling the football, again very correctable. Other than that how can you gauge or evaluate his performance?? Give me a few good reasons?? Just because Cam sucked and Cam drafted him?? Ireland said himself he had Beck rated high on there board, BUT didn't need him because they had Tony Romo......

All I have to say is giving Beck another chance with a "real" team around him is no different than giving Matt Ryan that chance....the only real difference is that John Beck is already on a team not having a $50 Million dollar contract unlike what Matt Ryan would get.......

Our #1 pick should be used in 1 of 3 ways......Draft Chris Long, draft Jake Long, or trade the pick......taking Matt Ryan would be the stupidist thing we could do. Chris and Jake Long are the 2 most for sure things at #1 overall Matt Ryan is a crap shoot like most highly drafted QBs & WRs out of college.........our team has way too many needs to blow $50 million on a QB that threw 19 INTs in 14 games his senior season.......

I'm not saying that John Beck is the answer, I am saying that it's too early to judge Beck and Draft Matt Ryan when it's the dumbest thing we could do at this point.

How in the hell can anybody in there right mind fairly evaluate John Beck as a rookie when he had absolutely NOTHING around him?? Right now drafting Matt Ryan #1 overall is the dumbest thing we could do. I say right now Ryan and Beck are equal as neither has played in an NFL game (in which they have even a somewhat competitive team around them).

Sure John Beck has played in an NFL game and Ryan hasn't, when John Beck had a makeshift OLINE compiled of a bunch of has-beens, never-gonna-bees, wannabees & a rookie at center, along with a fatbutt in Chatman, Samkon Gado who looks worse than Chatman without pads, Lorenzo Booker who didn't even get on the field as much as he should have, an old a broke Marty Booker, a underachieiver and reach for a draft pick in Derek Hagan and a Rookie WR that is still learning the game and a practice squad player on any other team in Greg Caramillo?? How can you evaluate him with what he had to work with?? Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre all would have played poorly in those conditions. They may have won a few games more, but most of those wins just by experience alone!!

John Beck had one problem last year that is very correctable that really sticks out in my mind and that's fumbling the football, again very correctable. Other than that how can you gauge or evaluate his performance?? Give me a few good reasons?? Just because Cam sucked and Cam drafted him?? Ireland said himself he had Beck rated high on there board, BUT didn't need him because they had Tony Romo......

All I have to say is giving Beck another chance with a "real" team around him is no different than giving Matt Ryan that chance....the only real difference is that John Beck is already on a team not having a $50 Million dollar contract unlike what Matt Ryan would get.......

Our #1 pick should be used in 1 of 3 ways......Draft Chris Long, draft Jake Long, or trade the pick......taking Matt Ryan would be the stupidist thing we could do. Chris and Jake Long are the 2 most for sure things at #1 overall Matt Ryan is a crap shoot like most highly drafted QBs & WRs out of college.........our team has way too many needs to blow $50 million on a QB that threw 19 INTs in 14 games his senior season.......

I'm not saying that John Beck is the answer, I am saying that it's too early to judge Beck and Draft Matt Ryan when it's the dumbest thing we could do at this point.

Great players always show signs of greatness. Even in tough times like we had last year. Beck will never be great. It is that simple.

yea that was a seemingly uninformed segment. they basically definitively said matt ryan is our top choice and we'll offer him a contract first, and then and only then move onto other prospects if he denies.. i don't buy it at all, hopefully all these shows are just in on the smoke screen trying to help us pilfer more picks from atlanta.. can't help but feel bad for the miami organization after last season right? i mean, journalists live for the big story, so what bigger story than to see the almost winless team turn it around in one season and do really well? so c'mon journalists, help us out! haha

Great players always show signs of greatness. Even in tough times like we had last year. Beck will never be great. It is that simple.

This is where you are so wrong it isn't even funny....even with Trent Green when we had Chambers, and Ronnie Brown what happened?? Nothing. Fact is our team sucked balls last year and even though we squeeked out a win, we were still one of the worst teams EVER in NFL history...........again I'm not saying John Beck is the future, I'm saying judge him fairly and don't waste $50million on a QB that is just as much of a ?mark as John Beck.
It doesn't get any tougher than what Beck had to deal with last year........

Back
Top Bottom