MERGED:Dolphins | Team talks with Cutler\Hackney\Whitehurst | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Dolphins | Team talks with Cutler\Hackney\Whitehurst

Smizzy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins | Team talks with Cutler
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:59:28 -0800
Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins met with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler Monday evening, Jan. 23, at the Senior Bowl. "They had the whole staff in there," Cutler said. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock rates Cutler as the best prospect because of his arm strength, quick release and accuracy under pressure. "To me, there are three franchise quarterbacks in this draft, and the Dolphins won't be in position to draft any of them unless they trade up," Mayock said. "I think all three of them will be gone in the top 10 (picks), maybe the top five."

wow I hate how QBs with any sort of potential just rocket up draft boards because of the lack of talent at that position in the NFL right now.

PhinsPhan said:
wow I hate how QBs with any sort of potential just rocket up draft boards because of the lack of talent at that position in the NFL right now.

That's usually how it is. The QB is the most recognized player on the team and is usually the cornerstone for the franchise. So it's no wonder why teams are so QB-desperate. It takes something like a drug rumor to take down a prospect like it did for Marino. Anyone up for spreading Leinart and Cutler pot rumors? :D

Dolphins | Team talks with Whitehurst
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:57:48 -0800

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/166">Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins met with Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst Monday evening, Jan. 23, at the Senior Bowl. Whitehurst had a long meeting with the Dolphins' coaching staff.

Dolphins | Team talks with Hackney
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:51:04 -0800

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/166">Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins met with UAB QB Darrell Hackney Monday evening, Jan. 23, at the Senior Bowl. Hackney learned passing prowess alone isn't enough to make the Dolphins consider selecting him in April's NFL Draft. Like with other quarterbacks being interviewed, Hackney was asked to draw a play from his college offense on a board and "walk through my reads." The Dolphins then had Hackney do the same with a play given to him by the San Francisco 49ers' coaching staff, which is directing the Senior Bowl's South squad for Saturday's all-star game. Finally, a Dolphins coach drew one of the team's own plays on the board and asked Hackney to dissect it.

That Hackney info^ is really interesting. Getting guys to analyze our own plays would be a real test. Interesting, I wonder if Mularkey is there.

Smizzy said:
Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins met with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler Monday evening, Jan. 23, at the Senior Bowl. "They had the whole staff in there," Cutler said. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock rates Cutler as the best prospect because of his arm strength, quick release and accuracy under pressure. "To me, there are three franchise quarterbacks in this draft, and the Dolphins won't be in position to draft any of them unless they trade up," Mayock said. "I think all three of them will be gone in the top 10 (picks), maybe the top five."

Dang Smizzy.... really good stuff.

Whats up w/ the enemy providing good info on our board.... :tongue:

Thanxs man...

Dolphins sit down and talk with Cutler

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/166">Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins met with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler Monday evening, Jan. 23, at the Senior Bowl. "They had the whole staff in there," Cutler said. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock rates Cutler as the best prospect because of his arm strength, quick release and accuracy under pressure. "To me, there are three franchise quarterbacks in this draft, and the Dolphins won't be in position to draft any of them unless they trade up," Mayock said. "I think all three of them will be gone in the top 10 (picks), maybe the top five

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/166">Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins met with UAB QB Darrell Hackney Monday evening, Jan. 23, at the Senior Bowl. Hackney learned passing prowess alone isn't enough to make the Dolphins consider selecting him in April's NFL Draft. Like with other quarterbacks being interviewed, Hackney was asked to draw a play from his college offense on a board and "walk through my reads." The Dolphins then had Hackney do the same with a play given to him by the San Francisco 49ers' coaching staff, which is directing the Senior Bowl's South squad for Saturday's all-star game. Finally, a Dolphins coach drew one of the team's own plays on the board and asked Hackney to dissect it.

Man I love our guys testing the knowledge of these QB's asking them to dissect plays, boy Saban and his band of gooneys know exactly what they are doing I love these guys.....

Smizzy said:
Dolphins | Team talks with Whitehurst
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:57:48 -0800

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/166">Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins met with Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst Monday evening, Jan. 23, at the Senior Bowl. Whitehurst had a long meeting with the Dolphins' coaching staff.

The guys 5-11. I saw him get messured yesterday. Thats to small

Being the Tiger fan that am I would love to see Charlie Whitehurst in a Fins uni. I just question whether he is up for the challenge.

HysterikiLL said:
That Hackney info^ is really interesting. Getting guys to analyze our own plays would be a real test. Interesting, I wonder if Mularkey is there.

Interesting indeed, Wanny would've never thought about anything like that....he probably would've been stuck on Fiedler by now...

Mayock likes Cutler better than Leinart! No way he slips past the top 10. The only trade scenario I see where we could move up and grab Cutler is with SF (assuming OAK doesn't select him) Trade SF Madison, Ricky, our 16th pick, and you'd probably have to throw in a future pick to move up 9 spots.

I would never condone that trade BTW. Ricky must stay.

DolphanD said:
Mayock likes Cutler better than Leinart! No way he slips past the top 10. The only trade scenario I see where we could move up and grab Cutler is with SF (assuming OAK doesn't select him) Trade SF Madison, Ricky, our 16th pick, and you'd probably have to throw in a future pick to move up 9 spots.

I would never condone that trade BTW. Ricky must stay.

Or trade with Zona and get arrington back in return

Regan21286 said:
That's usually how it is. The QB is the most recognized player on the team and is usually the cornerstone for the franchise. So it's no wonder why teams are so QB-desperate. It takes something like a drug rumor to take down a prospect like it did for Marino. Anyone up for spreading Leinart and Cutler pot rumors? :D

I'm on it.

Back
Top Bottom